• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Popcorn

Gwoman8920

Mouseketeer
We are a popcorn crazy family. We have the DDP QS and I'm trying to figure out the snack thing. If we purchase (at our own expense) the larger popcorn bucket at any park, is it true we can take that into any park and use a snack credit for a refill on said bucket for one snack credit? If not an someone explain to me how that works?

Thank you so much!!!

Do they still have the refillable bucket for $10 and then each refill is $1.50, we did this on our last trip. It was better than using snack credits.

We are a popcorn crazy family. We have the DDP QS and I'm trying to figure out the snack thing. If we purchase (at our own expense) the larger popcorn bucket at any park, is it true we can take that into any park and use a snack credit for a refill on said bucket for one snack credit? If not an someone explain to me how that works?

Thank you so much!!!

Refills are only $1.50, so unless you just have snack credits to burn, it's a lousy use of a snack credit that's worth closer to $5.

Popcorn refills were the one snack we paid out of pocket for. There were way too many other snacks worth using credits for. The bucket with the refills is a very good deal.

Is the bucket with refills good for your entire stay? or just the day you buy it?

The popcorn refills are good for your entire stay. It is actually good for at least as long as that bucket style is available. There is no need to show a receipt and there is no RFD chip in the bucket. Each of the 4 parks has there own park design on their bucket, but they are refillable in all the parks. Not sure about waterparks. Some have reported bringing back buckets from previous years and being able to get refills. I would never remember to bring my bucket back.

Two main considerations on deciding whether to buy the refillable popcorn bucket:

1. Do you mind carrying the bucket around with you every day you plan to use it?
2. How many orders of popcorn do you plan to buy during your stay?

Bucket versus individual orders of popcorn (before tax):
One popcorn: $10 versus $4
Two popcorns: 11.50 versus $8
Three popcorns: $13 versus $12
Four popcorns: $14.50 versus $16

So, you have to buy four popcorns (bucket+three refills) before you come out ahead economically if you are paying cash.

If you are using dining credits, I'd just use my snack credits on the individual orders. We always end up with extra credits to use up so might as well use them. Plus, no bucket to haul around.

We are there for 8 days. We plan on getting it the first day and I'm sure we will get a refill, if not 2 each day. It's looking like for us, this will be an economical choice. We have the QS dining plan, but there are 2 in our party that do not. So we'll probably use our snack credits for them as well. My two kids are picky eaters, but LOVE popcorn! Thanks for all the advice and tips! Ya'll are great!

Anyone know if they are still offering the refillable popcorn bucket (July 2017)? I can't find anything on the WDW site. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter