Popcorn kernel stuck in my throat! UPDATE ~ It's Gone!! p. 8

Four years ago today since the popcorn incident! Still haven't had any since....
:thumbsup2

Four years!?!?!? My goodness, time flies. :faint:

Had this thread marked for notification since I posted on it back then, great to see you again, Nikki!! Any new, great videos like you made in the past, those were great? Have a good summer.

OMG I have had multiple popcorn shells stuck in my throat for 3 1/2 weeks now! I have been to ER twice a ENT that said nothing was there, yet a piece of shell came out of my nose, and now have to get an endoscopy because there is still a piece stuck in my throat. worst feeling ever. I tried everything; soda, bread, spraying my throat with the faucet hose, trying to vomit it out, the list goes on.

I found the solution to this and it works every time as soon as you're done eating popcorn (every time just to be safe)

Sub Procedure:

:store
'go to the store and buy these items
'Items you will need:
'1. Granola (can be pure granola or the cereal)
'2. Milk

'Steps
'Mix granola with milk in a small container
if = _
with selection.insertbefore:= (1, small, container)
selection.insertvariable:= (1-2, heaping spoonfuls, of granola, (depending on spoon size))
selection.insertvariable:= ((variable = "enough"), milk, to cover, the granola)​
end with

then goto :swoosh
else goto :store

:swoosh
selection.swoosh:= (the mixture, around, entire mouth, for 10, seconds)
selection.interior.swallow:= (yummy, cereal-like, substance, when complete)​
'Don't forget to brush your teeth when done!

End Sub

Based on the title of this thread and the date it was originally posted, I'd hope it would be gone almost 5 years later.:rotfl2: I'm not one to mind the odd zombie-thread resurrection but sometimes it just tickles my funnybone...

Hahahaha!!! So funny! Yes, it is gone and I would also like to say that I STILL have not eaten popcorn again since this happened! I miss it.....

Nikki,

I think you should try it one more time, give ol' yeller' (play on words there) a pop.

Sincerely,

iGraduated.

Nikki,

I think you should try it one more time, give ol' yeller' (play on words there) a pop.

Sincerely,

iGraduated.

Don't do it!!!!! Every time I eat popcorn I have a flare up of diverticulosis issues. My doctor says that's the only food that she thinks people should absolutely never eat. My MIL lived on air popped popcorn while she was dieting, though.

Last year I literally ate popcorn every day for about 3 months, with no issues.

and i'm about to pop a bag right now!

I found the solution to this and it works every time as soon as you're done eating popcorn (every time just to be safe)

Sub Procedure:

:store
'go to the store and buy these items
'Items you will need:
'1. Granola (can be pure granola or the cereal)
'2. Milk

'Steps
'Mix granola with milk in a small container
if = _
with selection.insertbefore:= (1, small, container)
selection.insertvariable:= (1-2, heaping spoonfuls, of granola, (depending on spoon size))
selection.insertvariable:= ((variable = "enough"), milk, to cover, the granola)​
end with

then goto :swoosh
else goto :store

:swoosh
selection.swoosh:= (the mixture, around, entire mouth, for 10, seconds)
selection.interior.swallow:= (yummy, cereal-like, substance, when complete)​
'Don't forget to brush your teeth when done!

End Sub

Nikki,

Sincerely,

iGraduated.

Last year I literally ate popcorn every day for about 3 months, with no issues.

and i'm about to pop a bag right now!
You are losing posts, IG, just these three popcorns now. :rolleyes1 :confused3

Let us know what happens. Maybe if you go to immediate care they can get it loose using one of those kernel sanders.:joker:

Hi my name is Brianna and I just home from the hospital and I have the same thing I feel like I have a popcorn kernal stuck behind or in my tonsil and Ive tried everything to get it out, the hospital said that it sounds like it's just a scratch, they told me to try gargling warm salt water, Does that help have y'all tried it, cause I've tried everything that I can think of but that.

Hi my name is Brianna and I just home from the hospital and I have the same thing I feel like I have a popcorn kernal stuck behind or in my tonsil and Ive tried everything to get it out, the hospital said that it sounds like it's just a scratch, they told me to try gargling warm salt water, Does that help have y'all tried it, cause I've tried everything that I can think of but that.

If that's what the hospital recommended, then that's what you should do. Gargle with warm salt water. It won't hurt, and it might help.

Also, be patient. If it's a scratch, you may have to wait a few days for it to heal. Leave it alone (other than gargling), and it'll heal faster.

Brenna, I can't believe this post has popped up again! It's been so many years and to this day, I STILL haven't had popcorn!
Everyone I went to told me the same thing - there's nothing there, it's just scratched and that's what I was feeling. But I KNOW that it was the kernel shell. I felt it. And eventually, I felt it dislodge. I was in bed for the night, swallowed and felt it shift, got up and ate some bread and drank a lot of water and when I woke up the next morning, it was completely gone.

In my case, though, I don't have tonsils so I'm not sure if that makes it worse for you or not. I went to an ear nose and throat doctor and asked for a scope. Again, they saw nothing but if you haven't done that yet, maybe you could try that? Otherwise, I agree with the above poster that you just have to be patient. I know how hard it is. It was maddening. Enough to make me give up popcorn for YEARS! Good luck! Keep us posted.

I remember this thread. Nikki, I felt your pain. I always got kernels stuck in my throat, so I gave up popcorn forever, about ten or fifteen years ago. I've been tempted at times, but it's not worth the aggravation it can cause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter