Popcorn kernel stuck in my throat! UPDATE ~ It's Gone!! p. 8

I wonder if now that the swelling has gone down if they would be able to see it? Maybe it was hidden by the inflammation.

My other thought is that between the popcorn kernel and all the other stuff you tried to swallow to dislodge it that maybe the kernel isn't really there but it still feels like it because it's scratched? That would make it feel as if there is still something there but really isn't. If that's the case, the meds should resolve it soon.

That's what I was thinking. maybe almost like a scab?? Whatever it is OP. I feel for you. Must be so annoying!! Hope it resolves soon!!

Oh wow, Nikki. I can't believe you still have it. I know how annoying mine felt after only three days.

I was also thinking it may be scratched. That would be painful too,I would think. I hope it is better today. :flower3:

Thanks for checking in guys! :hug: I still feel it today. I'm going to give the steroids a few more days and then I'm going to go back to the doctor and have him check again.....

OH, thanks for asking!!!

FINALLY, I do NOT feel the kernel shell anymore!! :cool1: Remember last Saturday I said I felt like it was moving and I actually got out of bed to have a snack, thinking I would help it dislodge? Then for a few days after that, it was back to how it had been feeling but less and less each day, then finally, like Wednesday or Thursday I didn't feel it at all. So I'm thinking that maybe it DID dislodge at some point during that night and then what I was feeling after that was a scratch. I didn't want to post that until I had a few days of not feeling it at all because in my crazy mind, I was still scared that it was there...just hiding! But at this point, I think it's safe to say IT'S GONE!

Thanks to everyone for thinking of me and giving me such great advice and support throughout this ordeal!

Yay! I'm so glad it came out. Yesterday I was scarfing down popcorn, and then I thought of you, so decided to stop. :rotfl:

I cringed when I read your updates--except for the last one, which was good :thumbsup2. What a terrible experience to go through. Glad you don't feel it anymore.

I cringed when I read your updates--except for the last one, which was good :thumbsup2. What a terrible experience to go through. Glad you don't feel it anymore.

Thanks so much! It really was awful and I'm never eating popcorn again!

I'm glad it's out! I had been following along - I've had it happen to me too, but never for so long!

There is "hull-free" popcorn out there, btw. :thumbsup2

It isn't truly without a hull of course, but the hull is very small and thin, and virtually disintegrates upon popping, and anything left of it is tender.

homeShowcase.jpg

Well, Nikki, my dear. I am very glad that things turned out all right in the end. What an ordeal you endured! I wish you the best. :goodvibes

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate everyone's support! It was very helpful to hear everyone's advice and opinions!! And I'm just so glad it's finally gone!

I'm glad it's out! I had been following along - I've had it happen to me too, but never for so long!

There is "hull-free" popcorn out there, btw. :thumbsup2

It isn't truly without a hull of course, but the hull is very small and thin, and virtually disintegrates upon popping, and anything left of it is tender.

homeShowcase.jpg

That is excellent information! Good to know! :thumbsup2

I feel like I'm eavesdropping, a few years out of synch! I've just been reliving Nikki's moments of popcorn kernel misery after looking up "food stuck throat help" on Google :) was glad to see there was a light at the end of the tunnel though! I made the mistake of munching on wholegrain rice cakes whilst working on an assignment last night, when a tiny piece of one lodged in my throat... it's been 14 hours and I thought that was bad enough, let alone days! I've had gloomy thoughts of having to visit ENT people but am now so relieved to hear that the investigation and the treatment both went well in the end, so will not worry as much as I have been! I love the way you had such a great support group on here, with everyone urging you to hurry up and visit the ENT!!! :-D

Sorry to revisit the ordeal after probably not having to think about it again for so long now! :-D

I was thinking about this post JUST the other day! I went for my check up at the Dentist...the Hygenist asked "have you had popcorn recently"?? I said yup..last night. There was a kernel stuck under my gum above a tooth. Good timing for the check up! Made me think about this thread...alls well that ends well!

Hope you don't feel it either very soon 'Justsostories'!:thumbsup2

Makes me scared what snack is safe to eat!

And I'm going to a movie tonite too...oh dear..

I feel like I'm eavesdropping, a few years out of synch! I've just been reliving Nikki's moments of popcorn kernel misery after looking up "food stuck throat help" on Google :) was glad to see there was a light at the end of the tunnel though! I made the mistake of munching on wholegrain rice cakes whilst working on an assignment last night, when a tiny piece of one lodged in my throat... it's been 14 hours and I thought that was bad enough, let alone days! I've had gloomy thoughts of having to visit ENT people but am now so relieved to hear that the investigation and the treatment both went well in the end, so will not worry as much as I have been! I love the way you had such a great support group on here, with everyone urging you to hurry up and visit the ENT!!! :-D

Sorry to revisit the ordeal after probably not having to think about it again for so long now! :-D

Hahah! That is soooo funny! Well, not that you have food stuck in your throat but that you found this thread searching! It really is the worst feeling, isn't it? Going to the ENT is not bad at all. Seriously, I was like "PLEASE scope me, just let this feeling END!" :rotfl2: Hope you have some relief soon!

I was thinking about this post JUST the other day! I went for my check up at the Dentist...the Hygenist asked "have you had popcorn recently"?? I said yup..last night. There was a kernel stuck under my gum above a tooth. Good timing for the check up! Made me think about this thread...alls well that ends well!

Hope you don't feel it either very soon 'Justsostories'!:thumbsup2

Makes me scared what snack is safe to eat!

And I'm going to a movie tonite too...oh dear..

Haha, good timing for the dentist for sure! That could've been bad if it was stuck up there for a long time.

And just in case anyone was wondering, to this day, I still HAVE NO had any popcorn! It was such a horrible experience, I never want to go through it again. It's been a year and a half and I think about it every time I'm tempted to eat popcorn! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter