POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be there the end of October so I'm hoping they're done by than. We don't need a fridge but it'd be nice to have for any leftovers from the parks and water.

This (and keeping bottled water cold...which is not a necessity for us) is the only reason, for us, that we would want a fridge. We are going to Via Napoli and I would like to bring back some chow for breakfast the next morning, lol! Love love love cold pizza!

We do not charge to the room so I wonder how that would work....

48 hrs before arrival it is all on my card/account how will this work if I have to chane our reservation at check in or even the day before?? We have the ddp and all adrs are for 3 will they be able to adjust our ADR's at check in too?? Does anybody know how much this might cost me? It is due to a medical issue with dad that she might not be able to come- first trip without her it is bittersweet. We arrive for a room only the day before I was wounding if I should just deal with it then, I am stalling cause I want her to come so bad but there is the chance she won't and of course I didn't gt trip insurance this trip either. :confused:

Does your advice change if it is for a package? Reading Michelle's OP, she said that she has a package with free dining, but a RO ressie for the night before her package starts? I wasn't sure about what she should do because of the package aspect. I know you go A LOT and have more experience, but I think you missed the fact that most of her stay is on a package. :flower3:

Oh Sandi,
You're absolutely right!! I 'only' saw the room only part and missed the pkg part! Wow...that really complicates matters and with it being SO close...UGH!!
I guess what I would probably do if I were in the OP's situation is...if it looks like she's not going, go ahead and call & remove her from the reservation now and pay the change fee which would be $50 (I believe?) I'm not sure that they can adjust a pkg a check in like that? They can upgrade but I don't know that they can take off of a pkg at checkin. I'm not saying for sure they can't, I just don't know that they can. KWIM? And that could be costly!
Now worst case, if they can't remove her from the pkg at this late date, have her ticket removed from her KTTW card, so that the ticket isn't attached to any particular name. And you can save it for future use by anyone! This CAN be done...you may need to get a mgr to do it. ;) Also, talk to a mgr about possibly crediting you the cost of the third adult in the room since she didn't actually come, they MAY be able to work with you on that fee. OP, Feel free to PM me and I'll tell you the mgrs I know and have good relationships with there! BEST of LUCK OP!!
Sorry for the bad advice first time around! I was reading late at night!! :)

michelle, excellent advice from two veteran DISers :)

My thought is that in the end if your mother cannot go, is that Disney will credit back your Mother's park ticket, the extra adult charge (and will remove the additional Dining credits) from your room allotment.

Especially with Free Dining, Disney's rule is that everyone on the reservation (adults) must check in. Disney will not allow dining credits to remain on a room if a guest does not check in, so it follows (hopefully) that they will remove the extra adult fee and the park ticket. Disney is fairly understanding, especially when there is a medical situation.

My suggestion... wait until you know for certain if your mom is able to come along (which should be at least a day or two out) and then place the call to Disney and ask to speak to Guest Services and explain the situation. My belief is that Disney will remove the specific charges pertaining to your mother; the park ticket, extra adult fee, and have this amount credited back to your credit card less the $50 change fee.

I wanted to add that I do hope that your Dad's health improves to enable your Mom to accompany you on this trip. :hug:

They said 4 months, so it should be done by the beginning of November. But you never know.

Okay, I'm thinking positive, it will be finished and quicker than that! :goodvibes (that's what an upcoming vacation can do to one's attitude!!)

We'll be there the end of October so I'm hoping they're done by than. We don't need a fridge but it'd be nice to have for any leftovers from the parks and water.

Absolutely! Once we have a perk, we do not want to be without it. :) Pixie Dust the replacement goes smooth and quick. :cool1:

hi I've been seeing so many different opinions on the new Pop food court :charac2: so here's my question. Whenever we really ate at pop our food selections were your basic burgers, pizza & fries, and for breakfast mainly eggs & bacon, bakery items... With that said do you guys still feel that those items are different too? I've been assuming the menu won't really affect us so much due to the types of foods we choose :rolleyes1. We never did the fried chicken and so on. What are your thoughts??? :confused3

We are going in with an open mind... and DonoMoose you zeroed in on a good point, not everyone will be as affected by the dining changes as others, it all depends on likes, habits and how often one utilized the food court.

We are looking forward to trying some new items. :goodvibes
What I loved most about the old food court was that they had so much more than burgers, chicken nuggets, etc. I LOVED the parmesan chicken and am most upset about that. The create-your-own salad sounds promising though.

We liked the chicken too.... but on the flip side my DD has been eating healthier and will definitely want to try the create your own salad. :)

michelle, excellent advice from two veteran DISers :)

My thought is that in the end if your mother cannot go, is that Disney will credit back your Mother's park ticket, the extra adult charge (and will remove the additional Dining credits) from your room allotment.

Especially with Free Dining, Disney's rule is that everyone on the reservation (adults) must check in. Disney will not allow dining credits to remain on a room if a guest does not check in, so it follows (hopefully) that they will remove the extra adult fee and the park ticket. Disney is fairly understanding, especially when there is a medical situation.

I wanted to add that I do hope that your Dad's health improves to enable your Mom to accompany you on this trip. :hug:

I don't know if it has changed, but in 2009 then DF (DH later in that trip) didn't check in with us due to an emergency at home, they didn't taken away any of his dining credits. He did check in 3 days later though. They didn't change any of the charges either. Again, things may have changed since then. (We didn't let Disney know until I arrived.)

smitch425 said:
I read that they have turkey bacon and chicken sausage. What I don't know is if that is all they have.

Has anyone had either of these items and do they have pork varieties available?

Smitch, I did get REAL BACON in June!! I had it at Bfast one morning and I had it on my bacon cheesburger! YAY!! :)
Can't speak for the pig variety sausage...sorry... :(

Staying at Pop for the first time in November. What are some of the popular room requests? I don't care too much about view or which floor I'm on but I'd prefer not to be too far from food court and buses. 50s or 60s section?? Thanks!

We will be staying at POP in October. We are going to change our reservation from AOA to POP when FD is offered. Do you think that the rooms at POP will sale out fast when the promotion takes place? I'm nervous.:confused:

Ok here is a question I really want/need a fridge to have my milk in the morning for my cereal (bringing from home)and I find it very inconvenent and more expensive to have to go to food court every morning. I understand they are offering $15 for not having a fridge but I rather have the fridge. If they can't get me a fridge would it be to much to ask if they move me to a different resort that has a fridge in the room? I won't let them send me to the all stars. Been there never going back no matter what. So it would have to be AOA mermaid room I am guessing or somewhere else. I'll be there the end of August and part of the Magic Band/FP+ testing. Guessing that would mess with the testing if they moved me too. What other resorts are part of this test other then Pop?

Ok here is a question I really want/need a fridge to have my milk in the morning for my cereal (bringing from home)and I find it very inconvenent and more expensive to have to go to food court every morning. I understand they are offering $15 for not having a fridge but I rather have the fridge. If they can't get me a fridge would it be to much to ask if they move me to a different resort that has a fridge in the room? I won't let them send me to the all stars. Been there never going back no matter what. So it would have to be AOA mermaid room I am guessing or somewhere else. I'll be there the end of August and part of the Magic Band/FP+ testing. Guessing that would mess with the testing if they moved me too. What other resorts are part of this test other then Pop?

I don't believe changing resorts would help anyway...the fridge issue is not just at Pop, it's a WDW-wide issue at ALL the resorts. They are having to replace them all.

Only 115 days till we are back at POP. If you ask me that's 115 days to long. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Smitch, I did get REAL BACON in June!! I had it at Bfast one morning and I had it on my bacon cheesburger! YAY!! :)
Can't speak for the pig variety sausage...sorry... :(

Oh thank god. I would've cried if they didn't have bacon. Have to have it with my POP waffle every morning. Wannabe bacon just won't do it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ToyStory3 said:
Staying at Pop for the first time in November. What are some of the popular room requests? I don't care too much about view or which floor I'm on but I'd prefer not to be too far from food court and buses. 50s or 60s section?? Thanks!

I'd say either or would be just fine! While I love the lake view rooms of the 60's, I must admit that I have become rather partial to the 50's! It is now my absolute favorite!!! I love how quiet it is but yet you are not far from anything!!! It just suits me perfectly! ;)

sorry to disappoint you, but a lot of people were counting on having milk in their fridge for their cereal, so it's not a need. the few fridges they have will be for medical needs.

the little mermaid section of AOA is consistently totally booked, since people who dont' need or want to pay for a suite still want to experience the newest resort. (that's why we paid rack rate there this last APril when there were rrom only discounts availabe everywhere else. they don't need to offer discounts at AOA LM section.
maybe get one of those collapsible styrofoam coolers?

I know, it bites... we finally got free fridges at the values....

Would asking to be close to the food court be a reasonable request. That would mean we would also be close to buses correct?

I'd say either or would be just fine! While I love the lake view rooms of the 60's, I must admit that I have become rather partial to the 50's! It is now my absolute favorite!!! I love how quiet it is but yet you are not far from anything!!! It just suits me perfectly! ;)

we, too. love the 50's. the bowling pin pool is very big. and you dont' have that (in our opinion, as empty nesters) obnoxious "pool party". :rotfl:

dont' mind the games. but that LOUD teeny bopper, music (beyonce, katy perry, etc) at the 50's you get to hear 50's music in the background. at the 60's you get to hear 60's music.. until.. dumdumdumdumdum... disco party time!!!!!.

also, in the 50's you are still close enought to the 60's to go over to the hippy dippy pool if you want. (of course, as an aging hippy, it is SACRILIGE!!! i tell you, to call a pool "hippy dippy" and blare teeny bopper music.) :rotfl2:

Would asking to be close to the food court be a reasonable request. That would mean we would also be close to buses correct?

it would be a reasonable request. but the preferred rooms are priced and labeled preferred, not because of the view, but because of their proximity to the food court/buses.

you might get a room in the 90's or 80's as you can cut across the parking lot to the buses and food court.

Just 1 Pop food court question, can you still get the "King" cupcake? Please tell me it hasn't left the building!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter