POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were me!!!!
I wouldn't address it until you check in! Speaking from a recent experience, it is too easy for there to become a problem with your ressie and you are so close to check in at this point it's not going to make any difference anyway. My guess is...from experience but it could be different!... is that when you check in and explain the situation to them...since it is a room only (this is a HUGE factor here IMO) they will just remove her name from the ressie and thereby removing the add'l per night adult charge that the 3rd adult in the room generates. Now they may not be able to remove it for your 1st night (because that is the deposit amount) but they should be able to take it off for all the others and they MAY be able to even remove it for the first night too...just not sure about that one.
As far as the ADR's...Don't adjust them!!! Leave them be! If you try to adjust them, they will probably make you cancel and rebook. Just show up, and explain that one member of the party was unable to make it. They won't give you a hard time or charge any fees to your credit card. I promise!! BTDT!! :)

Does your advice change if it is for a package? Reading Michelle's OP, she said that she has a package with free dining, but a RO ressie for the night before her package starts? I wasn't sure about what she should do because of the package aspect. I know you go A LOT and have more experience, but I think you missed the fact that most of her stay is on a package. :flower3:

Sandi said:
Does your advice change if it is for a package? Reading Michelle's OP, she said that she has a package with free dining, but a RO ressie for the night before her package starts? I wasn't sure about what she should do because of the package aspect. I know you go A LOT and have more experience, but I think you missed the fact that most of her stay is on a package. :flower3:

Oh Sandi,
You're absolutely right!! I 'only' saw the room only part and missed the pkg part! Wow...that really complicates matters and with it being SO close...UGH!!
I guess what I would probably do if I were in the OP's situation is...if it looks like she's not going, go ahead and call & remove her from the reservation now and pay the change fee which would be $50 (I believe?) I'm not sure that they can adjust a pkg a check in like that? They can upgrade but I don't know that they can take off of a pkg at checkin. I'm not saying for sure they can't, I just don't know that they can. KWIM? And that could be costly!
Now worst case, if they can't remove her from the pkg at this late date, have her ticket removed from her KTTW card, so that the ticket isn't attached to any particular name. And you can save it for future use by anyone! This CAN be done...you may need to get a mgr to do it. ;) Also, talk to a mgr about possibly crediting you the cost of the third adult in the room since she didn't actually come, they MAY be able to work with you on that fee. OP, Feel free to PM me and I'll tell you the mgrs I know and have good relationships with there! BEST of LUCK OP!!
Sorry for the bad advice first time around! I was reading late at night!! :)

My daughter is not happy about no Mom's Night Out fried chicken dinners. :sad: That was her favorite meal. I will miss the Chicken Penne Alfredo. We don't eat many meals in the food court, but it's still a bummer for when we would. We'll try out some of the updated choices and see if we can find some new favorites, and I'm sure we'll stroll across the bridge for some AoA goodies, as well.

Good to know you got a small credit for the fridge. :thumbsup2

We ate at AoA one day. It had a much better selection and it was much quieter.

declansdad said:
Just posted this in the old thread as well.

Just got back from our trip and stay at Pop. Still liked the resort but I have to say they have done the food court a disservice. It used to have a great menu but now it is very limited and is the same at lunch and dinner.

The refrigerator was still in the room but there was a notice that it wasn't to be used and they did apply a $15 per night credit because of the problem.

I heard on a FB group that you had to request a fridge and then if your request wasn't met you could then get the credit. It wasn't something they were just automatically doing. Was that the situation in your case? Did you request a fridge?

I heard on a FB group that you had to request a fridge and then if your request wasn't met you could then get the credit. It wasn't something they were just automatically doing. Was that the situation in your case? Did you request a fridge?

Our TA did add request on for us but the CM didn't say anything about the request. I asked if there was a fridge in the room and she said no they had all been disconnected. I asked her about the credit and she said there was one.

DD3 drinks a lot of milk, I wonder should I request a refrigerator prior to our trip or wait until I get there? Thoughts?

DD3 drinks a lot of milk, I wonder should I request a refrigerator prior to our trip or wait until I get there? Thoughts?

When is your next trip? If it's in six months according to your vacation ticker, I think the fridge situation will most likely be resolved by then.

WishingMom said:
I have to change that! We are actually going in September! :)

Put a request in but when you get there ask and if they say no let them know the situation and you might get switched to a room with one. I know that infants who drink milk also qualify in the category of it being a medical need.

hi I've been seeing so many different opinions on the new Pop food court :charac2: so here's my question. Whenever we really ate at pop our food selections were your basic burgers, pizza & fries, and for breakfast mainly eggs & bacon, bakery items... With that said do you guys still feel that those items are different too? I've been assuming the menu won't really affect us so much due to the types of foods we choose :rolleyes1. We never did the fried chicken and so on. What are your thoughts??? :confused3

What I loved most about the old food court was that they had so much more than burgers, chicken nuggets, etc. I LOVED the parmesan chicken and am most upset about that. The create-your-own salad sounds promising though.

hi I've been seeing so many different opinions on the new Pop food court :charac2: so here's my question. Whenever we really ate at pop our food selections were your basic burgers, pizza & fries, and for breakfast mainly eggs & bacon, bakery items... With that said do you guys still feel that those items are different too? I've been assuming the menu won't really affect us so much due to the types of foods we choose :rolleyes1. We never did the fried chicken and so on. What are your thoughts??? :confused3

I read that they have turkey bacon and chicken sausage. What I don't know is if that is all they have.

Has anyone had either of these items and do they have pork varieties available?

Our TA did add request on for us but the CM didn't say anything about the request. I asked if there was a fridge in the room and she said no they had all been disconnected. I asked her about the credit and she said there was one.

Thanks for the info. I will put it in my request when I have to call to adjust days. I am even happier if I actually get a fridge but a credit would be very satisfactory.

I would say that you would be fine because that is the majority of what was available.

I asked about the credit when we checked in and was told there would be a credit applied to our account. I checked our balance about mid week and didn't see it so I asked another CM. He told me the CM that checked us in hadn't applied it to the account so he did it at that time.

When you say a credit - how did this work? Did you get it back in cash when you checked out? Or were you expected to spend it there (like charging back to the room key)?

When you say a credit - how did this work? Did you get it back in cash when you checked out? Or were you expected to spend it there (like charging back to the room key)?

For us it was a credit against what we charged to the room. I don't know what they would do if you don't charge to your room.

We'll be there the end of October so I'm hoping they're done by than. We don't need a fridge but it'd be nice to have for any leftovers from the parks and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter