• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #8~July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
smidgy said:
it would be a reasonable request. but the preferred rooms are priced and labeled preferred, not because of the view, but because of their proximity to the food court/buses.

you might get a room in the 90's or 80's as you can cut across the parking lot to the buses and food court.

No, they only put people in the 90's that request close to transportation...not close to the food court because the short cut is really only good for the bus stops...not for the food court. :)

Staying at Pop for the first time in November. What are some of the popular room requests? I don't care too much about view or which floor I'm on but I'd prefer not to be too far from food court and buses. 50s or 60s section?? Thanks!

The 50's, 60's, and some of the 70's are closest to the food court. I would request to NOT be on the first floor especially if you are a light sleeper. Mouse keeping and the groundkeepers come in early in the morning on gas powered golf carts, LOUD! Then they crank up a pressure washer or leaf blower and get to work. :mad: There isn't a sleep machine out there that can cover up the noise. This is so annoying especially when you've stayed out till 1 or 2 in the morning for extra magic hours and want to sleep in.
However, if you are up and out the door around 7 am then it won't be a problem. Pop is a great resort and I've stayed there many times and I'm staying there again in October. However, never again on the 1st floor.

Ok, ignorant question here. My mom is coming with us for the first time and we booked a handicapped accessible room. Since the official Disney line is that no room is guaranteed is handicapped acces. considered a request? Our reservation has the specific room type listed, but I am starting to worry about this as our trip ever so SLOWLY inches closer.

Ok, ignorant question here. My mom is coming with us for the first time and we booked a handicapped accessible room. Since the official Disney line is that no room is guaranteed is handicapped acces. considered a request? Our reservation has the specific room type listed, but I am starting to worry about this as our trip ever so SLOWLY inches closer.

You'll get one. Accessible rooms take precedence over all other requests. The only worry you might have is that they overbooks accessible rooms, but I find that incredibly unlikely.

Hopefully someone else can comment if they've ever had an issue with this, though.

No, they only put people in the 90's that request close to transportation...not close to the food court because the short cut is really only good for the bus stops...not for the food court. :)

once you cut acroos the parking lot to the buses, you can just cut through the gift shop to the food court.

when we stayed in an 80's buidling, we found it could be quicker to get to the food court that way than to cut across the squishy keyboard, through the other 80's building, then past the the playground, and then try to cut in the "foot traffic" from the 70's building and walk all the way to the food court entrance,.

anyway, I was just trying to tell "toystory 3" that the rooms closest to all of this would be preferred prices. but igf they wanted to pay standard prices, the 90's might be ok for them.

the best bet for ANYONE would be to look at the map, with the preferredm pool view, and preferred pool view areas highlighted,

tlpbupu said:

Okay...handicap accessible room bookings are guaranteed because you are protected under ADA Laws. Hotels are pretty cautious about overbooking their HC accessible rooms...you will be fine. Don't worry!!! POP is really good about this! Feel free to PM me with your specific room type info and I can give more detailed info specific to POP if you want it. I am VERY well versed w/ POP! I spent 38 nights there this spring/summer! :)

Okay - sorry but I'm obsessing a little about my request. After looking at the map I'm thinking maybe requesting 70s or 80s and facing the lake. It looks kind of peaceful and not too far from anything. I've never been there before. Thoughts??

Okay - sorry but I'm obsessing a little about my request. After looking at the map I'm thinking maybe requesting 70s or 80s and facing the lake. It looks kind of peaceful and not too far from anything. I've never been there before. Thoughts??

I don't really know that the 80's faces the lake. Well I guess in building 7 you make get a side view of it. I would think building 6 70's would give you a better view and be quite. Pop is set up IMO that no walk is that far just when you are in the 80's or 90's take the short cut threw the parking lot to get to the food court.

I loved the 70s, lake view, it was very peaceful. I requested the same for this year.

I don't remember if this had been asked/addressed in the other POP posts, but can I bring a puddle jumper from home for my DD3 or will I only be allowed to use the life vests they have available at the pool?

Thanks (53 days and counting!!! :)

Thank you to all who posted your thoughts and advice in our situation. Tell me what you think of my possible worse case plan. We arrive on the 17th of Aug. at pop for our room only if mum can't come what if I talk direct to guest services at Pop upon arrival regarding the checking in for the following day where our actual package begins?? I am wondering if less mistakes may occur if i do it face to face? I wouldnt want things to e can elled by mistake just altered. This is so mucked up. Thank you janetb for your thoughts I appreciate any positive hope!

How is the coffee in the rooms and in the food court? I have become accustomed to the Starbucks brand on my Keurig. Should I bring my Keurig (we are driving, obviously).

The drink stations have a hot water tap by the coffee and hot chocolate machines. Also they have microwaves if you are like my mother inlaw and like to use that to heat her mug of tea.

I don't remember if this had been asked/addressed in the other POP posts, but can I bring a puddle jumper from home for my DD3 or will I only be allowed to use the life vests they have available at the pool?

She can use hers - no problem.

My daughter used her puddle jumper last trip. You are allowed t bring pool toys from home as far a I know too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter