Pool Hopping

MOM TO 4

Earning My Ears
Hi We are staying at Royal Pacific for a week in July. Is pool hopping allowed at all the resorts? If so, which pool is the best for 3 teens?

Pool hopping is allowed at any resort except for Endless Summer Surfside and Dockside. As in, I don't think you can go to their pools and guests at those resorts are not allowed to use other resorts' pools.

I don't have a lot of experience with pool hopping as I only pool hopped to Cabana Bay when I stayed at Aventura. That resort has 2 pools with one of them having a lazy river. I enjoyed it a lot as an adult but it was VERY crowded. Also tubes for the lazy river are not free. I've heard that Hard Rock has a great pool but have never been there. Don't bother with Aventura as their pool is very small and not at all exciting.

Sapphire Falls pool is beautiful and possibly the largest on property?

Cabana Bay has the lazy river. As noted, there are tubes for purchase (not free) but you can also bring your own tubes/floaties & use the air pump there to fill them. There is underwater music at Cabana Bay, I'd heard that Hard Rock has that but was pleasantly surprised to find it at CB also.

Portofino has a fun water slide, and the pool & resort are nicely themed - however, there aren't readily accessible changing rooms at the main pool, you have to walk across to the smaller pool & use the restroom there as a changing area. I was very surprised by that at an upscale hotel.

Cabana Bay is definitely cool with the lazy river, and we also really liked the Portofino one as they had games in the pool such as red light green light, trivia, etc. And they did separate kids vs adults which was funny

We stayed at Cabana Bay and walked across the street to Sapphire Falls where you can get on a boat that stops at most the hotels! Very easy. Royal Pacific I'm pretty sure is on the river and has it's own stop where you can board!

I just found this that is pretty helpful! 😁

Universal-Orlando-Resort-Transportation-Guide.jpg

I just found this that is pretty helpful! 😁

Universal-Orlando-Resort-Transportation-Guide.jpg
I actually did that walk from Aventura to the parks in the morning as the bus never showed up after waiting almost 40 minutes and it took me about 15 minutes. Granted I did power walk (or "walking with a purpose"). Don't really recommend that as I was super sweaty by the time I scanned into IoA lol

I actually did that walk from Aventura to the parks in the morning as the bus never showed up after waiting almost 40 minutes and it took me about 15 minutes. Granted I did power walk (or "walking with a purpose"). Don't really recommend that as I was super sweaty by the time I scanned into IoA lol
LOL! We did the same, all taking turns pushing DX in her chair. Usually taking about 20-25 minutes to get to IOA. I recommend it on cooler early mornings as an excuse to eat more loaded tots from Green Eggs and Ham.

Thanks everyone. Are the hotels easy to walk to ?
Royal Pacific, Cabana Bay, and Aventura are all on the garden path off the IoA side of City Walk. Hard Rock and Portofino are on the garden path on the Studios side. It’s very easy to walk between the resorts on the same side, but crossing City Walk requires going through security, either at the entrance City Walk from the path or when you board the boat to City Walk.

I tend to stay within whatever “side” my hotel is on. However, you CAN go to any of the resorts. One option is to bring your suits with you when you go to the parks, and then just go to whichever pool interests you afterwards. That at least eliminates the trip through City Walk once.

Y
If you’re staying at Royal Pacific, the easiest pool to get to will be Sapphire Falls. It is a really nice pool. Hard Rock and Portofino Bay will be on the other side of city walk. Both of their pools are nice too. All 3 have water slide which is our main criteria.
Technically you can take the bus to city walk then change to a bus to the resort you want to pool hop to. Sometimes the bus makes a loop going.to.all the hotels. You don’t go through security.

Guests at the Aventura can walk over to Volcano Bay and take a bus to wherever resort you want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter