• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PLEASE SHARE -What is it like to resort park now?

I was looking for a September trip. 9/26/18, for pool view at Poly, $682, for the same night at Loews Portofino, it is $329, and this includes unlimited express passes. This is why the parking fee has bothered me. Disney uses the example of other hotels charging for parking, sure, but the prices for the rooms at Disney are literally double!

Yep! And if you keep on eye on those rates at Universal, you can often get Club Level for $300 or less!

I look forward to reading about personal experiences regarding implementation. Since spontaneous trips do occur, there could already be some experiences "in the wild" to report.

Yes, and I would even love to hear from day guests who are dining/shopping at another resort? Is this being handled business as usual, or are the guards seeking any information? Has Disney blocked off any section of each parking lot for day or resort guests? So many questions!!

Last edited:
@DISNEY1975 Do you know how to make a thread that is pinned at the top? Someone in this thread suggested that, similar to the "room checks" one. I'd love to hear from people who are both day parkers and overnight parkers. Since this is spring break time, I am sure there will be a lot of cars!

@DISNEY1975 Do you know how to make a thread that is pinned at the top? Someone in this thread suggested that, similar to the "room checks" one. I'd love to hear from people who are both day parkers and overnight parkers. Since this is spring break time, I am sure there will be a lot of cars!

I think that a moderator needs to make it a sticky. I don't think a regular poster can do that.

Since they charge at aulani and Disneyland resorts already, it would be nice if someone could post their experience from these resorts on how parking charges are processed for those with or without cars....just saying

When we stayed at Disneyland Hotel in April 2017 and paid to park, we had to interact with a guard each time in and each time out. They checked our room key. If I remember correctly, they asked at checkin if we had a car, we said yes, and the charge was added to our room charges. I would imagine each time we left they scanned our key to check whether we had paid. I'm not sure what Disneyland hotels do about day guests though.

When we stayed at Disneyland Hotel in April 2017 and paid to park, we had to interact with a guard each time in and each time out. They checked our room key. If I remember correctly, they asked at checkin if we had a car, we said yes, and the charge was added to our room charges. I would imagine each time we left they scanned our key to check whether we had paid. I'm not sure what Disneyland hotels do about day guests though.

Don't know about others, but the All-Stars (didn't pay attention to the exit at WL as I didn't drive my own car) don't check anything on the way out. It would require an arm to be installed and the guard shack to be widened a little to reach the road on the exit side, plus an additional CM during peak times to avoid significant backups getting in and out.

Don't know about others, but the All-Stars (didn't pay attention to the exit at WL as I didn't drive my own car) don't check anything on the way out. It would require an arm to be installed and the guard shack to be widened a little to reach the road on the exit side, plus an additional CM during peak times to avoid significant backups getting in and out.

Great info!

I'm curious as to how this will work in my situation on an upcoming trip. We are flying into Clearwater, renting a car, and staying there for a few nights. Then we'll drive the rental car do WDW, drop off our luggage at the hotel (I presume scanning our MB at the guard gate to prove we have a resort reservation). Then, DH will drive the rental to the rental car site to drop it off. We won't be parking overnight at all. Curious as to how they will know not to charge us.

this is very basic. When you check in...they ask if you have a car...if you say yes...your are charged the fee, and they give you a sheet of paper to put on the dashboard. This sheet of paper tells anyone who may check the cars in the lots after hours that your car belongs and should not get towed away.

For you...you tell the guard you are checking in...he checks your name on his sign in sheet....lets you pass......you check in...drop off your bags......tell them you do not have a car and dont need a pass......you then need to remove your car from the lot before they check cars for parking sheets later that night.

very simple process

I just mean....it's up to me then to disclose that I have a car on property, right? Like the honor system? How would they know if I do or I don't. I'm NOT trying skirt the cost, I'm wondering how this will be tracked. Like I said...do I get a window sticker or a windshield sign that 'allows' me to part there...and that's how they know...or ??? They won't raise the gate to let me out on check-out day?? (sorry...sarcasm) I just see people saying that it's part of their on-line check in now...so is it then that you identify that you'll have a car on property?

If you dont say "yes".....i have a car...you wont get a window pass......no window pass........when someone checks the cars in the parking lot late a night.......and your car doesn't have a pass.......you car will get towed.......thats how they know.........you will have to go call the front desk to find your car.....they have a record that you told them no.....i dont have a car...... you now have to pay for parking fees.....AND park to get your car from impound because it was towed....not cheap

now....lets say you do have a pass...and you did pay for parking....but you were an idiot.....or made a mistake and did not leave your parking pass on the dash.....and you car gets towed. it is still on you for not following directions. getting a towed car out of impound is not usually cheap.

people are really over thinking this parking fee thing.

this is very basic. When you check in...they ask if you have a car...if you say yes...your are charged the fee, and they give you a sheet of paper to put on the dashboard. This sheet of paper tells anyone who may check the cars in the lots after hours that your car belongs and should not get towed away.

For you...you tell the guard you are checking in...he checks your name on his sign in sheet....lets you pass......you check in...drop off your bags......tell them you do not have a car and dont need a pass......you then need to remove your car from the lot before they check cars for parking sheets later that night.

very simple process

They can’t just automatically charge people with cars, at least not yet. Those who booked prior to 3/21 are exempt. As of now, it’s not as simple as a yes/no question.

I hope someone who has been there in the past week shows up soon and can tell us how this is being handled.

They can’t just automatically charge people with cars, at least not yet. Those who booked prior to 3/21 are exempt. As of now, it’s not as simple as a yes/no question.

I hope someone who has been there in the past week shows up soon and can tell us how this is being handled.

It absolutely is a yes no question. Do you have a car = yes.....was your reservation made prior to 3-21 = yes....ok.....you get free parking here is the sheet for your car,.........if no on the 3-21 question.....you get charged.....and here is your sheet

again....you are way over complicating a simple decision tree

It absolutely is a yes no question. Do you have a car = yes.....was your reservation made prior to 3-21 = yes....ok.....you get free parking here is the sheet for your car,.........if no on the 3-21 question.....you get charged.....and here is your sheet

again....you are way over complicating a simple decision tree

Not all resorts give parking passes, though. So that won’t work at those particular resorts.

I think it SHOULD be simple, but I’m not trusting (yet) that it will be.

If you dont say "yes".....i have a car...you wont get a window pass......no window pass........when someone checks the cars in the parking lot late a night.......and your car doesn't have a pass.......you car will get towed.......thats how they know.........you will have to go call the front desk to find your car.....they have a record that you told them no.....i dont have a car...... you now have to pay for parking fees.....AND park to get your car from impound because it was towed....not cheap

now....lets say you do have a pass...and you did pay for parking....but you were an idiot.....or made a mistake and did not leave your parking pass on the dash.....and you car gets towed. it is still on you for not following directions. getting a towed car out of impound is not usually cheap.

people are really over thinking this parking fee thing.

Do you really think that Disney is going to send out a fleet of tow trucks every night to all their resorts to tow cars? Can you imagine the hundreds of ticked off people every night? I really don't think that will be Disney's approach.

Not all resorts give parking passes, though. So that won’t work at those particular resorts.

I think it SHOULD be simple, but I’m not trusting (yet) that it will be.

Every resort I have ever stayed at and that is almost all of them except all stars.....gives you a pass for your dash board. i call BS on your statement.

Do you really think that Disney is going to send out a fleet of tow trucks every night to all their resorts to tow cars? Can you imagine the hundreds of ticked off people every night? I really don't think that will be Disney's approach.

no. but they could....and should if they wanted to put am end to the parking issues. if enough people get a car towed, or even booted......parking rules would be followed inside a week they way the social media community works.

It's like kids and time outs......sooner or later.....the threats of a spanking dont work.....you actually have to give a spanking once in a while to make the threat work.

All the resorts do have arms at the exits. You approach slowly and they raise. They don't check anything but with the arena there it is possible for them to install something to check

Every resort I have ever stayed at and that is almost all of them except all stars.....gives you a pass for your dash board. i call BS on your statement.

There have been several reports on these boards of folks not getting paper passes within the past couple of years 3-4 years or so), and it doesn’t seem to be consistent across the board. I didn’t get one when I stayed at CBR.

Saying that you call BS on someone’s statement isn’t very kind, especially when you have no basis for assuming the statement isn’t true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter