• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PLEASE SHARE -What is it like to resort park now?

There have been several reports on these boards of folks not getting paper passes within the past couple of years 3-4 years or so), and it doesn’t seem to be consistent across the board. I didn’t get one when I stayed at CBR.

Saying that you call BS on someone’s statement isn’t very kind, especially when you have no basis for assuming the statement isn’t true.

The past several years we have not got paper parking passes at AKL, POFQ or WL. We always questioned it because we were afraid we would get towed because our car might not be flagged as overnight guests but never had an issue. Makes me wonder how they knew all along without parking passes in the windows which cars belonged to guests staying at the resort.

no. but they could....and should if they wanted to put am end to the parking issues. if enough people get a car towed, or even booted......parking rules would be followed inside a week they way the social media community works.

It's like kids and time outs......sooner or later.....the threats of a spanking dont work.....you actually have to give a spanking once in a while to make the threat work.

Many people will be at resort restaurants/bars long after the parks have closed for the night. People who have parked for the day at a resort to go to a park will most likely be long gone before the first tow truck driver comes by which kind of defeats the purpose. It's just not as simple as you make it out to be.

The past several years we have not got paper parking passes at AKL, POFQ or WL. We always questioned it because we were afraid we would get towed because our car might not be flagged as overnight guests but never had an issue. Makes me wonder how they knew all along without parking passes in the windows which cars belonged to guests staying at the resort.

I don’t think they know...or care. Which is why there’s curiosity around how things are being handled now.

Also, we stayed at WL last year and did get a pass. But the CBR trip where we didn’t get one was in 2015. There’s just no consistency and I think that’s what has people a little on edge.

I don’t think they know...or care. Which is why there’s curiosity around how things are being handled now.

Also, we stayed at WL last year and did get a pass. But the CBR trip where we didn’t get one was in 2015. There’s just no consistency and I think that’s what has people a little on edge.

We didn't get a parking pass when we stayed at the Poly last year, but we did get one when we stayed at Pop, which seems a little backward.

Every resort I have ever stayed at and that is almost all of them except all stars.....gives you a pass for your dash board. i call BS on your statement.

I’m also going to add my voice to the chorus of objectors. I’ve driven to WDW 5 times in the last 4 years, stayed 4 different resorts, and I’ve only received 1 parking pass... in 2014. My most recent stay was just this month.

We stayed at both Bwv and WL last month and got no parking passes for either. But that was then. Until someone posts how things are going now, we just don’t know. I’ll be a Bwv on April 26th, but pretty sure we’ll know more by then. As for overnight parking, someone would have to check after 2:00am because BW is open until 2:00am.

this is very basic. When you check in...they ask if you have a car...if you say yes...your are charged the fee, and they give you a sheet of paper to put on the dashboard. This sheet of paper tells anyone who may check the cars in the lots after hours that your car belongs and should not get towed away.

For you...you tell the guard you are checking in...he checks your name on his sign in sheet....lets you pass......you check in...drop off your bags......tell them you do not have a car and dont need a pass......you then need to remove your car from the lot before they check cars for parking sheets later that night.

very simple process

This is what I thought might happen, but I was thinking the guard would ask (not front desk), on your arrival date and have the passes in a folder at the gate, as they did in the past. It almost seems like a better idea as some dont go to the checkin desk...which used to be a perk!!

Are you there now? If so, can you check to see if a pass can be obtained at the gate. I dont like waiting in line at check-in as I usually get there around check out time and lines can be a little long and we usually have a lunch reservation.

We haven't had a parking pass in so many years that I would hesitate to even guess how long.
Our stays have been at CBR, CSR, and the All Stars. Most recent stay was January.

2011 I had a pass, 2015 I did not. Im thinking since implementing magic bands, the passes went away. I loved the passes. I was waved through the park and resort entrances. Now I have to stop to have the bands scanned.

Don't know about others, but the All-Stars (didn't pay attention to the exit at WL as I didn't drive my own car) don't check anything on the way out. It would require an arm to be installed and the guard shack to be widened a little to reach the road on the exit side, plus an additional CM during peak times to avoid significant backups getting in and out.

Poly Exit
upload_2018-3-30_19-36-38.png

Yacht Club Entrance and Exit. Look like only resort guests need to scan in. All others speak with guard. Everyone leaves freely.

upload_2018-3-30_19-39-27.png

Beach Club..same set up as Yacht Club. No arm at exit...

upload_2018-3-30_19-41-33.png

Wilderness Lodge... Arms at both entrance and exit

upload_2018-3-30_19-44-23.png

Port Orleans FQ

upload_2018-3-30_19-47-21.png

POP Century...looks like the exit does not have one

upload_2018-3-30_19-55-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-30_19-40-45.png
    upload_2018-3-30_19-40-45.png
    584.2 KB · Views: 3
2011 I had a pass, 2015 I did not. Im thinking since implementing magic bands, the passes went away. I loved the passes. I was waved through the park and resort entrances. Now I have to stop to have the bands scanned.
No, they haven't gone away. Even though we don't drive when we do go by the front desk they always ask if we have a car and there is a piece of paper that they have to give us if we have that we can use. When we say no we didn't drive, they throw it away. It's a parking pass though, I recognize it from when we used to drive. They aren't required though, since not everyone goes to the front desk so they are only randomly given out. But each do we DO happen to go by the front desk, like we arrive early and our room isn't ready so I stop to see if they have anything, that's when they ask. If we get a text and go straight to the room and never go to the desk, well, obviously those trips we never get offered a pass.

No, they haven't gone away. Even though we don't drive when we do go by the front desk they always ask if we have a car and there is a piece of paper that they have to give us if we have that we can use. When we say no we didn't drive, they throw it away. It's a parking pass though, I recognize it from when we used to drive. They aren't required though, since not everyone goes to the front desk so they are only randomly given out. But each do we DO happen to go by the front desk, like we arrive early and our room isn't ready so I stop to see if they have anything, that's when they ask. If we get a text and go straight to the room and never go to the desk, well, obviously those trips we never get offered a pass.

Ive asked for a pass and they said they dont do them anymore. I hate scanning the bands. I can barely reach the machines to open the gate, and stopping at the parks is wasted seconds too. Sandly, Im not going until next year, so I cant find out. But youre going in 3 weeks and I really hope you bring a device so you can tell us all about it the second you arrive :)

Look like only resort guests need to scan in. All others speak with guard. Everyone leaves freely.
Clearly the exits change but the entrances are like the bold at every Resort as far as I know. I've been to every one and never seen a single one that didn't have 2 sides, 1 with a guard and 1 with a gate that was accessed via MB for guests to use when they return.

Ive asked for a pass and they said they dont do them anymore. I hate scanning the bands. I can barely reach the machines to open the gate, and stopping at the parks is wasted seconds too. Sandly, Im not going until next year, so I cant find out. But youre going in 3 weeks and I really hope you bring a device so you can tell us all about it the second you arrive :)
My trip in 3 weeks is going to be a mystery.
We did book it before 3/21 and we have no car so no parking issues in the end but it may throw them for a real loop. We aren't arriving to Disney via ME, no flight info registered in our account, nothing. We are coming from Universal and arriving via Uber. We don't even register a return flight because we take Uber back to the airport too.
So it's going to be really interesting to see just what happens

All the resorts do have arms at the exits. You approach slowly and they raise. They don't check anything but with the arena there it is possible for them to install something to check

Clearly the exits change but the entrances are like the bold at every Resort as far as I know. I've been to every one and never seen a single one that didn't have 2 sides, 1 with a guard and 1 with a gate that was accessed via MB for guests to use when they return.

It really depends on where you're staying though. It's not necessarily dependent upon stopping by the front desk. We come from Canada so we need to stop by the front desk to pick up magicbands and get our room number, etc...We are sometimes told no, this resort doesn't give out passes, just use your magicband.

My trip in 3 weeks is going to be a mystery.
We did book it before 3/21 and we have no car so no parking issues in the end but it may throw them for a real loop. We aren't arriving to Disney via ME, no flight info registered in our account, nothing. We are coming from Universal and arriving via Uber. We don't even register a return flight because we take Uber back to the airport too.
So it's going to be really interesting to see just what happens

Im expecting live videos by the gate..then follow the cars into the lots, and follow the guests out of the cars and into check-in ...then just tape them checking in :) But dont let any of this look obvious or suspicious!!

Also, can you let us know of any questions asked to your Uber driver?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter