PLEASE SHARE -What is it like to resort park now?

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
Im fairly sure anyone who is at Disney this week, made their booking before the 21st.

But for anyone who didnt, please share your resort parking experience.

Also, day guests at the resorts, was this handled any differently than your previous trip(s)? Are there now guards at the gates? Do you need to validate a parking pass?

Since this is a fairly busy time at WDW, were there any parking issues at all at any of the resorts (over capacity, empty etc..

Thanks for sharing your experience. Might be awhile before replies :)

@DISNEY1975
Thank you for creating this thread. I too am wondering what parking situation will be like with this new parking fee implemented. I am very nervous about my upcoming trip staying at Poly. Wonder if the lot will be filled with “day guests” who just leave their cars their for free to go to MK for the day.

There have always been “guards” at resort gates who need to see ID or room key (magicband now, keycard before) or paper parking pass (for the resorts that still use them).

I dont always see them. At the Poly in 2015, I know they werent there on several, if not all occasions. I just swiped my magic band and the gate opened. Maybe the guard ws inside the shack, but he'she never came out. Im not tall (not extremely short either) and I had to lean right up against the inside of the car and stretch my arm as far as it would go just to swipe the band. Sometimes, if my car wasnt at the perfect distance, I would have to take the band off my arm and fling it at the machine a few times until it recognized it. I wished for the old paper passes on the dashboard ever since! At the YC last year, it wasnt a problem. I think at the Poly, the machine thing must be set back a tiny bit further from the curb. Its been 3 years, maybe they fixed it??

Last edited:

Thanks for creating this thread! I am really curious to see how they enforce...if they enforce...any limits on day guests.

It might not be allowed, but it happens. I've had multiple stays at BC where parking was non-existent during the day and the lot magically emptied out at park close. All those people didn't just coincidentally finish dinner at the same time... :-)
I second that. I am just really hoping that they enforce the day parkers, with a reasonable time limit.

It might not be allowed, but it happens. I've had multiple stays at BC where parking was non-existent during the day and the lot magically emptied out at park close. All those people didn't just coincidentally finish dinner at the same time... :-)
True but the new parking policy isn't going to alter those who break rules and park at resorts to get around paying to park at the Park.
I dont always see them. At the Poly in 2015, I know they werent there on several, if not all occasions. I just swiped my magic band and the gate opened. Maybe the guard ws inside the shack, but he'she never came out. Im not tall (not extremely short either) and I had to lean right up against the inside of the car and stretch my arm as far as it would go just to swipe the band. Sometimes, if my car wasnt at the perfect distance, I would have to take the band off my arm and fling it at the machine a few times until it recognized it. I wished for the old paper passes on the dashboard ever since! At the YC last year, it wasnt a problem. I think at the Poly, the machine thing must be set back a tiny bit further from the curb. Its been 3 years, maybe they fixed it??
They were. Guards are working 24/7. If their assistance isn't needed they aren't coming out. If you pull up to the auto gate side, they aren't coming out either, since you'll have a MB.

True but the new parking policy isn't going to alter those who break rules and park at resorts to get around paying to park at the Park
True, but it would make a lot more sense if day guests had to pay something too, or at the very least required a validated receipt from a shop or restaurant as well as enforcing a time limit. As it stands now, deluxe guests now have to pay for the aggravation of not being able to find parking at their resort.

True, but it would make a lot more sense if day guests had to pay something too, or at the very least required a validated receipt from a shop or restaurant as well as enforcing a time limit. As it stands now, deluxe guests now have to pay for the aggravation of not being able to find parking at their resort.
I think day guests should be the first ones to have to pay (over overnight guests), but what do I know.
I'm just glad we fly, one thing not to worry about. Well 2, parking somewhere and paying to park.

True but the new parking policy isn't going to alter those who break rules and park at resorts to get around paying to park at the Park.

My hope is that Disney will start cracking down on those who abuse parking in the resort lots, particularly at the MK and Epcot area resorts. They need to make sure that the people paying $24 per night to park can pull in and park without driving around and stalking the lot for 10 minutes or more.

My hope is that Disney will start cracking down on those who abuse parking in the resort lots, particularly at the MK and Epcot area resorts. They need to make sure that the people paying $24 per night to park can pull in and park without driving around and stalking the lot for 10 minutes or more.
Yep, couldn't agree more (and this comes from someone who doesn't drive). Funny thing, charging day guests to park would #1, fix that problem and #2, not alienate the overnight guests. Don't know why they didn't go that route. Seems like it would make the most sense all the way around

I am also waiting not-so-patiently to hear how the new system is being implemented! I'll be over at WDW as a non-resort guest next month, but not sure I'll be needing to visit any resorts while I'm there. If I do, I'll definitely report in, but surely someone will do so before then...

I am also waiting not-so-patiently to hear how the new system is being implemented! I'll be over at WDW as a non-resort guest next month, but not sure I'll be needing to visit any resorts while I'm there. If I do, I'll definitely report in, but surely someone will do so before then...
They actually spell it out on the website. First bullet point on the link below
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
Resort parking is added to the resort guests bill at check out
As a non-resort guest nothing will change for you, see the entry at the link under Day Guest

They actually spell it out on the website. First bullet point on the link below
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
Resort parking is added to the resort guests bill at check out
As a non-resort guest nothing will change for you, see the entry at the link under Day Guest
That doesn't spell anything out to me! How will they know I'm parking a car as an onsite guest? How are they differentiating between day guests and overnight guests coming and going? What technology is being used (assuming it is - and I think that's a BIG if) to charge folks who stay longer than they're supposed to? What are drivers being told when they pull up to the guard shacks? I know what the official line is - I'm waiting to hear how it actually is working in real life :)

That doesn't spell anything out to me! How will they know I'm parking a car as an onsite guest? How are they differentiating between day guests and overnight guests coming and going? What technology is being used (assuming it is - and I think that's a BIG if) to charge folks who stay longer than they're supposed to? What are drivers being told when they pull up to the guard shacks? I know what the official line is - I'm waiting to hear how it actually is working in real life :)

I was there earlier this month and talked to a CM at AKL, if you stay at the property, parking will be tacked onto your bill. You will come and go from resort parking just like you would before gaining access to parking via your MB since you're a resort guest. If you try to enter the resort parking after you've checked out, you won't be able to get in with your MB. If you are a day guest there is nothing to be billed for, you will have to see the guard upon driving in, tell them what you're doing at the resort and be allowed entry. Nothing is to be paid as day guest parking is free.

Hmmm... seems really clear to me. If you are an onsite guest you will have a room at a resort. If you aren't, you won't. The guard asks for ID when you enter and if you are a guest, a MB is scanned.
They've never checked for day guests who overstay their welcome and probably never will
If you are there as an overnight guest, when you check out, if you have had a car at the resort, parking will be added to your bill. If you haven't had a car at the resort, you won't have parking added to your bill
If you are a day guest, you won't have a bill to have parking added to. So nothing to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter