Pinkcow's DCL Wedding 12/8/09..... 1 Year Later!

So I wasn't thrilled with the idea of rose petals possibily blowing away, and read one DIS Bride's sticky situation with bubbles, so I started to look at alternatives. I came across "ribbon sticks". Guests wave them as the happy couple goes by. Perfect! (I just hope we don't get wacked by one!)

I found a seller on Etsy who makes them. Now, I don't have the greatest pictures, because the ribbon stick I pulled out of the box has instantly become my cat's favorite toy. :rotfl:

You can see the 10 second progression-

wand0.jpg

wand1.jpg

wand2.jpg

(Igore the bite marks!) He bolted from a sound sleep behind the couch, at the mear sound of me moving his beloved toy! :)

Here's some photos from the seller's store-

il_430xN_59819920.jpg

il_430xN_59819655.jpg

I found this bracelet I just love-

31e2B71y5ycL__SS500_.jpg

It's by Disney Couture and reads "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

I'd just like to find it on the cheap :thumbsup2

I love the ribbon wands and the flower wands. The colors are great! I have heard so much about etsy, I am gonna have to check it out.

YAY...another Cruise Bride....We are taking over....LOL

I found this bracelet I just love-

31e2B71y5ycL__SS500_.jpg

It's by Disney Couture and reads "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

I'd just like to find it on the cheap :thumbsup2

LOVE That!! Where did you find it??!??

I love the ribbon wands and the flower wands. The colors are great! I have heard so much about etsy, I am gonna have to check it out.

Thanks! I've only found Etsy recently, and totally hooked!

YAY...another Cruise Bride....We are taking over....LOL

Yes we are!!!! :banana:

LOVE That!! Where did you find it??!??

I originally found it on Amazon, but the best price I've seen so far has been from Dillards. It comes in yellow gold as well :thumbsup2

I love Disney Couture. Actually in some of the rooms on the ships there's framed artwork that's the notes for "A dream is a wish your heart makes" with the words printed on it. It was in our room our our "engagement" cruise.

BedroomArtwork.jpg

I like the ribbon wand idea. They look like so much fun and add a lot of color.

I really want rose petals on the aisle, but I fear that it will be a huge waste of money. I won't have anyone with me to throw them, so the aisle it will be for now.

I have seen some of the disney couture jewelry on ebay for pretty cheap. When it first came out, there were a lot of sales at Macy's and Dillard's. Just keep your eyes open, and I'm sure that you'll be able to get a deal.

I love Disney Couture. Actually in some of the rooms on the ships there's framed artwork that's the notes for "A dream is a wish your heart makes" with the words printed on it. It was in our room our our "engagement" cruise.

That is so cool!!!! :)

I like the ribbon wand idea. They look like so much fun and add a lot of color.

I really want rose petals on the aisle, but I fear that it will be a huge waste of money. I won't have anyone with me to throw them, so the aisle it will be for now.

I have seen some of the disney couture jewelry on ebay for pretty cheap. When it first came out, there were a lot of sales at Macy's and Dillard's. Just keep your eyes open, and I'm sure that you'll be able to get a deal.

I'm sure the day of the rose petals will be perfect! :goodvibes

I was about to purchase the bracelet from EBay, but the auction ended early, so I broke down and purchased it from Dillards!!

So, I received my bracelet, and love it! I also purchased this necklace by Disney Couture for the girls-

02957928_zi.jpg

(In silver)

The jewelry is adorable! I love that shoe necklace! I read that Dillard's is having a sale, too...

And I am all about the high five in the parking lot! LOL! It would be great to have a DIS meet.

I love all your ideas so far. I love the Mickey ears for your Bridesmaids to I may have to do that. What is the sellers name on ebay that sells the ribbon sticks? They are so cute.

everything looks so pretty... I really like the ribbon wands and the jewelry

Thanks!

The jewelry is adorable! I love that shoe necklace! I read that Dillard's is having a sale, too...

And I am all about the high five in the parking lot! LOL! It would be great to have a DIS meet.

I got the necklaces on sale, but not so much on the bracelet, but that's ok, I really love it.

Hmm... we may just have to do a DIS meet... :)

I love all your ideas so far. I love the Mickey ears for your Bridesmaids to I may have to do that. What is the sellers name on ebay that sells the ribbon sticks? They are so cute.

Thanks! I just read up on your PJ, and everything sounds fantastic! (..and I may have to steal some ideas!)

Here's a link to the sellers store-
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6921247

thanks for reading my pj and thanks for giving me the sellers name. Feel free to steal any ideas I am sure i will be stealing some of yours as well

I've been trying to come up with some creative ideas for the Palo cake and champagne reception. DF and I are not really into dancing, or anything traditional. I'm figuring the the cake/mingling will take a half hour to 45 minutes. Then what?? I definitely want to infuse some fun. My thought so far has been to break everyone willing into teams and give them a list of photo assignments each with a point value and time limit. The team with the most points, wins prizes. Here are some ideas I came up with, and some downloaded from the net;

Photo Scavenger Hunt-
Someone really enjoying a piece of cake
Muscle Beach Poses
Imitate the Beatles crossing a crosswalk
Scene from a Disney movie (explaining it afterward is half the fun!)
"I can't believe we all fit in here!"
The most Disney characters and all of your teammates in one photo
Mimic a statue -- fountains also work well
An unusual perspective of all your teammates
"Honey, I Shrunk the Bride and Groom"
A human sculpture, or "performance art"
Licking something you shouldn't....

Let me know if you guys have any other photo ideas, or something fun we can all do together!

Thanks!

For the Palo reception you really only have enough time for the cake, toast, and 2 or 3 dances then your time is up. We were only in there 60-90 minutes tops! It was fine though because we were heading to the beach!

a couple of months ago a bride had a ping pong table at her disney reception. It looked like a lot of fun and her quests loved it.

Just wanted to say that I love the jewelry!!! I might need that bracelet with the slipper!!

Thanks!! Go for it!! :)

For the Palo reception you really only have enough time for the cake, toast, and 2 or 3 dances then your time is up. We were only in there 60-90 minutes tops! It was fine though because we were heading to the beach!

Hmm.. We're trying to avoid the dancing thing all together. My biggest fear is that we'll all be looking at each other blankly, then, they'll try to make us dance!!! :rotfl2:

a couple of months ago a bride had a ping pong table at her disney reception. It looked like a lot of fun and her quests loved it.

Ooh, I like the thought pattern here! I suggested maybe trying to get a Wii, but DF thinks that might cost a good chunk of change. I wonder if there are any activities going on that we could all do togther.. Hmm.. More research..

I'm open for any other ideas you ladies might have!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter