Pinkcow's DCL Wedding 12/8/09..... 1 Year Later!

Hi wedding twin! Just stopping by to say "hi!" and catch up on your PJ!

LOVE the Super Mario Bros. cake . . . that's too cute!

Thanks!! :wave2:

OMG!!! I love super mario. I cannot in no way, shape, or form show this cake to my husband, or we well be having this at our VR instead of Mickey!!:rotfl:

:rotfl2:

I think if we were still having a wishes wedding, this would be the cake hands down!! It's actually made by a bakery in Minneapolis, I looked at pricing to see if it's something we could finagle, and I about had a heart attack! :scared1:

But, I think DF would love it, so some food for thought!

The save-the-dates have gone out-

savefstecopy.jpg

We used the free postcard from DCL, the "Two Ships and a Castle" option

The invitations are still a work in progress...

I kinda like the Mickey Stationary! It would be good for a newsletter or something! And LOVE the new Jasmine Dress!

The STD's look great! I've never seen the option from DCL, so that's pretty cool! Did they mail them too, or just send them to you to mail?

I kinda like the Mickey Stationary! It would be good for a newsletter or something! And LOVE the new Jasmine Dress!

The STD's look great! I've never seen the option from DCL, so that's pretty cool! Did they mail them too, or just send them to you to mail?

Thanks! DFTW mailed a stack of the postcards without any information on them. We just ran them through our printer at home, added some postcard stamps, and voila! :thumbsup2

Oh! In case anyone else would like to know the other option for the free postcard is plain white with the DCL logo in the center.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that the Maggie Sottero "Camden" just isn't going to work. It needs too many alterations. That and I pulled it out of my closet to find that our cat tried to scale it at some point! :scared1:

So I'm back at square one, sort of..

I have a backup dress that would work fine. (I just need to loose about 5lbs, because right now breathing is optional! :rotfl:) I'm just afraid it might be too "floofy" for the cruise. Here it is-

Casablanca 1811

I originally bought it when we were doing the Wishes wedding (for a whole $35 mind you!) My thought pattern at this point might be to wear this dress for the MK photoshoot, and have another simpler dress for the cruise. If we decide to cut the MK photoshoot I think we'll have some photos taken by a good photog friend around the resorts.

So, with that being said I went on a mission to Off Saks Fifth earlier this week armed with a 40% off coupon! And found nothing. :confused3 So, being a whole block away from Macy's Bridal, and scene of PolynesianBride's awesome dress find I decided to stop by. Now this is my second trip to Macy's. The first time I did not have an appt., and was met by an extraordinarily snooty sales clerk when I asked to see their sample dresses. I said "whatever" and walked the heck out of there.

This time (still without an appt) I was met an extremely nice sales clerk, of which she suggested an upscale bridesmaid dress in white. Perfecto! So I now have a real appt during their Waters trunk show. We'll see what happens!

OMG that dress is GORGEOUS!!! how can you NOT wear that!?!?! And $35!! holy crap if you don't wear it send it to me! It's soooooo beautiful!!

Well, I've come to the conclusion that the Maggie Sottero "Camden" just isn't going to work. It needs too many alterations. That and I pulled it out of my closet to find that our cat tried to scale it at some point! :scared1:

So I'm back at square one, sort of..

I have a backup dress that would work fine. (I just need to loose about 5lbs, because right now breathing is optional! :rotfl:) I'm just afraid it might be too "floofy" for the cruise. Here it is-

Casablanca 1811

I originally bought it when we were doing the Wishes wedding (for a whole $35 mind you!) My thought pattern at this point might be to wear this dress for the MK photoshoot, and have another simpler dress for the cruise. If we decide to cut the MK photoshoot I think we'll have some photos taken by a good photog friend around the resorts.

So, with that being said I went on a mission to Off Saks Fifth earlier this week armed with a 40% off coupon! And found nothing. :confused3 So, being a whole block away from Macy's Bridal, and scene of PolynesianBride's awesome dress find I decided to stop by. Now this is my second trip to Macy's. The first time I did not have an appt., and was met by an extraordinarily snooty sales clerk when I asked to see their sample dresses. I said "whatever" and walked the heck out of there.

This time (still without an appt) I was met an extremely nice sales clerk, of which she suggested an upscale bridesmaid dress in white. Perfecto! So I now have a real appt during their Waters trunk show. We'll see what happens!

That casablance dress is gorgeous! I can't believe you got it for only $35!!!
Oh I'm so sorry they were snooty to you at Macy's Bridal:sad2: The first time I went I didn't have an appt either, I must have just lucked out with who was sitting at the desk at the moment. My lady's name is Pam (or Pat:confused:) but she's sooo sweet and has helped me all 3 times I've been there- when I actually bought the dress at the trunk show I went by myself and she took all the pics for me and gave me a hug and told me congrats and that she thought it was the perfect dress:goodvibes (of course I'm sure whe was thrilled as well bc she probably got a nice commission:lmao:). Do you have a pic of what the dress you picked out looks like? You will have so much fun at the trunk show and probably will get a good deal too:thumbsup2

OMG that dress is GORGEOUS!!! how can you NOT wear that!?!?! And $35!! holy crap if you don't wear it send it to me! It's soooooo beautiful!!

Way to make a girl feel good!!! :goodvibes

I think I have been kinda getting silly about the dress thing! :rotfl: I *should* probably reconsider what's in my closet! If I don't wear it, I promise I will keep you in mind! :)

That casablance dress is gorgeous! I can't believe you got it for only $35!!!
Oh I'm so sorry they were snooty to you at Macy's Bridal:sad2: The first time I went I didn't have an appt either, I must have just lucked out with who was sitting at the desk at the moment. My lady's name is Pam (or Pat:confused:) but she's sooo sweet and has helped me all 3 times I've been there- when I actually bought the dress at the trunk show I went by myself and she took all the pics for me and gave me a hug and told me congrats and that she thought it was the perfect dress:goodvibes (of course I'm sure whe was thrilled as well bc she probably got a nice commission:lmao:). Do you have a pic of what the dress you picked out looks like? You will have so much fun at the trunk show and probably will get a good deal too:thumbsup2

I'm hoping the woman I had first run into was just having an off moment!

I worked with was Cathy I believe, and she was really super sweet! Which totally made up for the other lady!

I tried on these dresses, both I liked-

dress2.jpg

(If it wasn't this one it was very similar)

and this one-
dress1.jpg

....Ok this is a sickness!! :rotfl2: I bought another dress on Ebay, which I haven't received yet--

dress3.jpg

I'm in some serious need of Ebay rehab! :lmao:

I love the Casablanca dress!! But I guess its whatever dress you love. Everyone keeps on finding great deals on ebay dresses I needs to starts looking there. Also I love the save the dates they are cute.

and this one-
dress1.jpg

....Ok this is a sickness!! :rotfl2: I bought another dress on Ebay, which I haven't received yet--

dress3.jpg

I'm in some serious need of Ebay rehab! :lmao:

I like both of those!! But still think you should do the Casablanca one! :thumbsup2

We're less than 6 months to go! Whoo Hoo!

Well, I've been a busy bee in the last few days. Up first the dress!

I had my appt at Macy's. I met with the Watters rep and she worked some magic on one of the dresses, and frankly made it hands down look the best on my body than any of the other dresses I've tried on! My flaws were hidden, the girls enhanced, it fit my height etc. etc.! :banana:

I did however forget to have the consultant take my pic, which I'm completely regretting now :sad2:

Without further ado, I chose the Adelia-style gown! (with some photoshopping)
watters.jpg

The back is a V-Neck, and comes down plainly to the floor. We talked about maybe doing a small sweep train. I think I'll also try to put a broach or something of that nature on the hip. I'm beyond elated to exactly how well the dress fit. :goodvibes

I'm also going to keep the Casablanca gown and use it for our photos back at WDW.

big.jpg

After finding the dress, I decided to take a peek at shoes. (Always a bad idea! :rotfl:) I wanted a wedge that wouldn't sink in the sand, and still be fabulous! I saw some ok stuff, and then like a moth to a flame I was drawn to this pair in pink-

shoe2.jpg

I turn it over and about have a heart attack! :scared1: They're Coach! The sales girl comes over and asks if I need any help, and I gulp "I'd like to try these on in an 8.5". I try them on, and perfection! They fit like a glove, and completely comfortable!

shoes.jpg

So here is my inner dialog; "Shannon just give the girl your credit card, insert hand into purse and pull out credit card!" "No, but wait can't too expensive!" "Shannon, just do it already!" and regrettably (or not!) I purchased the most expensive pair of shoes I own! :cool1:

The hotels have all been booked for our stay at WDW! :banana:

Here's the itinerary so far-

Day 1-
After work hop on a flight to MCO, rent a car and drive our butts to Coronado Springs! :banana:

Day 2-
Eat breakfast and drive to Tampa to see DF's Grandmother who won't be able to make the cruise.

Drive back that evening, and maybe hit up a park

Day 3-
Eat breakfast, take a quick swim, and drive to Port Canaveral! A good chunk of my fam actually lives in the Port Canaveral area, so I'm pretty sure my Dad's house will become grand central! We'll probably have a cookout or something of that nature which will be nice. :goodvibes

Days 4-7 We're cruising!!

Day 8-
The Grand Floridian :love:

Day 9-
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Day 10-
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Day 11-
Fly home :rolleyes:

Well, it's ETA 6 months!! :cool1:

Here are the things I have left to do-

1. Create welcome packets for our guests
2. Get some garb for the cruise and honeymoon
3. Finish the photo scavenger hunt
4. Learn how to do my makeup! Makeup was a skill I never completely learned how to do properly, and the fact that there may not be someone on the ship to do it for me, scares me to death! I've been doing some research, and so far Smashbox has some great videos online and on DVD's, so I may go that route.
5. Create hair flower fascinator. I picked up some supplies from Michael's, and the plan is to make one headband, and one clip/barrette and see which one works the best.
010.jpg

6. Pick out a hairstyle that works
7. Find a great favor for the guests
8. Make a fish extender! My thoughts so far have been a Christmas stocking with my new family name on it!
9. Get on a healthier regime
10. Find a pet-sitter

So I realized there's really no photos of DF and I.

P1010388.jpg

This one was taken at Christmas

Love the new dress, and the old one too! the shoes are awesome! I won't even ask how much $$ you spent on them! :lmao:

The itinerary sounds great! Good luck with all the other chores!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter