Photo enhancement

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by scrappystamper1, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. scrappystamper1

    scrappystamper1 Mouseketeer

    Jul 31, 2005
    I have been searching for a special effect for photo editing and do not know what it's called or where I can get it from,
    I am looking to take a photo (for example) of my kids with a character and turn the background blakc and white leaving everything else in color.
    I'm sure this is going to be easy once I have the knowledge.
    Can anyone tell me what it's called? Or where I can download the software for it? I downloaded Picasa thinking I had found out how to do it, but it only lets me do a rounded area. I cannot choose what I want left in color.
    Any thoughts?

    Janet P

  2. MICKEY88

    MICKEY88 <font color=purple>if you keep falling off of the

    May 15, 2003
    is this what you want to do..??


    I use Paint Shop Pro X, it's fairly easy to do, you can seperate the subject from the background and turn the background b&w, or turn the subject b&w or tint either one after removing the color...

Share This Page