Pearls of Wisdom Please!

LadyLvsTramp

Registered
We recently sailed on Dream and thought of purchasing CCV the deals were great almost $5000 off 250 points, prorated dues on current use year points 2018 and all of 2019 so 500 points up front. The issue is we do not want our children responsible for the loan. We have a small 50 point contract for AKV with children on it but were going to sell that and add them to CCV. We also own at AKV 240 pts and SSR also 240 points. With our family growing we really use the points now so we considered adding before the price increase.
I do not really like CCV and I am worried it will not really benifit us to own there. I don't like the resort for the most part but the deals they offered were pretty good. When we purchased SSR and AKV we go discounts and they have served us well. We have direct membership and so do the kids unless we sell the 50 point contract. We did stay at BLT this fall and really liked it. With really young grands we thought that might be the best direction to go. If we purchase BLT resale would that be a good idea any thoughts appreciated.

Do not buy CCV because of discounts. The discount to buy a resort you actually like via resale will be greater anyway.

Keep in mind that they have inflated the prices so they can make you feel good with a "discount", also the points that you receive are the points that you paid for, "no free points" . Buying where you love to stay continues to be my mantra and is even more important today compared to a few years ago.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you for your responses I think I will wait for a new DVC or purchase BLT on the resale when I find a great deal...

I do not really like CCV and I am worried it will not really benifit us to own there. I don't like the resort for the most part but the deals they offered were pretty good.
I think you answered your question here. If you don't like it why spend so much money on something you don't like. Would you buy a $40,000 car you didn't like? If you have direct benefits and need more points - save yourself a ton of money and add on a resale contract at one of the resorts you already own.

We really wanted something closer to the Magic Kingdom Park, and feel BLT resale my be our best choice since I don't really like CCV. But thank you for your input.

If you liked BLT then resale is the way to go. Sounds like you made a good choice for your family. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

The discount on BLT resale will be even greater than the discounts on CCV direct.

I also think it would not be the best thing to buy at a resort that you really don't like. Good luck with your BLT contract search!

Another vote for you to buy BLT on the resale market.

There are many things to factor into a purchase decision...not only price and deals, but also use. If you don't like the resort, I wouldn't buy there, as you'd then have a home resort booking window for a resort you don't like. Another thito factor, is how many years do you want remaining on your contract, as different resorts have different end dates...so it may be of value to buy a long contract, even if the resort isn't your first choice. How many years will you personally want to use it? Are you looking for something that can be used by your children or grandchildren after you've passed on, or is the purchase primarily for your use?

Lots of things to consider,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts