Peanut Allergy

davismr

Earning My Ears
How difficult is it to query about Peanut Allergies at resort eateries?
The level of concern includes not only foods containing peanuts and/or peanut flour and/or cooked in peanut oil, but also whether utensils are segregated, etc.

First off, Welcome to the Dis, davismr!!!:wave:

My DS has a peanut allergy and we have never had any problem while in WDW(hes been 6 times since weve found out about the allergy). The majority of our meals are at resort restaurants and we usually just mention it to our server. They always go above and beyond the call of duty. Sometimes they have the knowledge and explain everything, other times they will get the Chef to come talk to us. They tell us what is safe and whats not. They tell us if any peanut products are used in the kitchen at all and if so what could have cross contamination. If something is made offsite, they will let us know that too because they cant guarantee the safety of that.
The good part for us, if DS is a fairly non adventurous eater and sticks to the typical kids fare. Most of that is safe. However Ive heard the chefs will make special meals for people with dietary needs if they have advance notice.
Good luck! Im sure you will be fine.:D

My DH has a very serious peanut allergy and has never had any trouble eating at WDW. The CM's and chefs at all the places we have tried have been wonderful, and have always made our dining experiences Great!!

I, too have a peanut allergy. I haven't had any problems eating at WDW. The wait staff and chef's are very accommodating. I was wanting to try Boma....have any of you peanut allergy sufferers eaten at Boma?

WDW goes above and beyond for food allergies. My DS is also peanut and tree nut allergic. We have so much trouble eating out but Disney has made it where we can vacation and never have to second guess and sit there watching like a hawk for a reaction.

We tell them when making our PS's to note it. Upon arrival the CM typically will see it noted on the PS and tell you that the chef will be out to talk with you once seated. If not, I simply double check to see if it is noted and they go on to tell me the chef will be out. The chef is very though in going over each and every item and has even offered to make special orders of anything that we aren't 100% comfortable with (say pb&j next to the mac & cheese on the buffet).

I noticed that there were some worries about eating at the Boma. I just wanted to let you know Boma is one of our favorites (7 visits in 3 years) and my DH has never had a problem. The CM's and chefs are very aware of the exotic nature of some their recipes, and go out of their way to make sure everyone stays healthy. The buffet is well marked, they will pre plate dishes for you before a batch is put on the buffet, they are careful about cross contamination. My DH gets to enjoy wonderful worry free meals at the Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter