Paula and Ashley WDW Halloween memories wedding

halloween12

Mouseketeer
Well I have to write a Pajama? :confused3:hyper: lol well, here is my PJ.

I am Paula, 32yr old, ageing rocker who never grew up. Mum to India aged 12 and Grace aged 8. Fiancee to...
Ashley, 28 yr old, ageing rocker.... who also never grew up :love:

We met in 2010, he was the bar man that always remebered what drinks i like.
I was attracted to his mohawk and his tattoo of a vampire bite on his neck - it was simply meant to be. We share a massive love of all things vampire, gothic, spooky, freaky and fun.
We are a crazy little family who live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
familyshot.jpg

Ashley had my engagement ring especially made, it has a black diamond and a tear shaped garnet (like a drop of blood) the stones are on 2 seperate strands to represent the girls :love:
ring2.jpg

He surprised me by hiding it in my chocolate advent calendar at Xmas :lovestruc

We decided straight away that we would like to get married at Halloween. And so we set about finding the right venue. We looked into and disregarded so many venues over here... when I jokingly said we will end up abroad with no guests at this rate... we both instantly said Disney!!! - we LOVE disney films, the kids are great age for a visit to WDW and it was within budget.

It would have cost us about £12,000 to have the wedding day we wanted over here... and all that money would have been spent in 1 day and most of it on other peoples food and drink.
We have rather selfishly decided that we can do 2 weeks at Disneys old key west in a 2 bed villa, do discovery cove, orlando studios, memories wedding package, flights, clothes and spend money for the same amount!

I havent been abroad since I was 16 and my kids have never been abroad.
This is a Wedding, honeymoon and holiday of a life time for my crazy little family and we honestly cant wait.

Kathleen is our co-ordinator and she has been wonderful - She even let us have our wedding on a Wednesday (31st Oct) which is not a memories day.

We have chosen Rev. Tim Herring as our officiant as i LOVED his ceremony for including the children.

And so far that is it!

Congratulations! Its great you wanted to keep it intimate and make it a 3 in 1 deal! I can't wait to here more about it! =)

Thank you for your kind messages - I am just trying to get some photos together of my wedding outfit x

congratulations and welcome! Everything sounds great so far! I can't wait to hear all about your planning and memories wedding. It all sounds so fun and unique! :) Beautiful dress by the way. Will you be wearing it in black? Gloves too? Details, please! :lmao: Also, your daughters are gorgeous! :goodvibes

Thank you :blush: I think my kids are gorgeous - but every Mum does I guess.

I am travelling down to London soon to the shop that sells this gear:
http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/prom_gowns.htm

All of their stuff is STUNNING but the pic above is deffo the outfit that I prefer at this stage... though I may go with the red/black tafetta for the outer skirt.
Gloves: YES - full length and black - but fingerless (with a centre finger hoop) for ease of wedding ring exchange.

No veil - but maybe a small clip on tophat?
and probably my big rocker (new rock) boots underneath (if it isnt too hot for that?) :rotfl:

Thank you :blush: I think my kids are gorgeous - but every Mum does I guess.

I am travelling down to London soon to the shop that sells this gear:
http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/prom_gowns.htm

All of their stuff is STUNNING but the pic above is deffo the outfit that I prefer at this stage... though I may go with the red/black tafetta for the outer skirt.
Gloves: YES - full length and black - but fingerless (with a centre finger hoop) for ease of wedding ring exchange.

No veil - but maybe a small clip on tophat?
and probably my big rocker (new rock) boots underneath (if it isnt too hot for that?) :rotfl:

That sounds awesome! I love the tophat idea. I LOVE that look. We got married on October 13th, and it was super hot. I melted, the cake melted, my guests melted....hahaha! The weather in Orlando at that time of year can be so unpredictable. 90 degrees and humid one day, and 70 and breezy the next. I hope that it's cool enough for your rocker boots!

To be Honest we are hoping for milder weather (though it would be great if the weather was mega warm the day after the wedding as we are going to discovery cove :cool1: ) so a mixture of both would work well.

I just looked at your wedding pictures and they a FAB! you look gorgeous and I love the bridesmaids outfits too!! The shoes are SOOOOOOOOO cute!

To be Honest we are hoping for milder weather (though it would be great if the weather was mega warm the day after the wedding as we are going to discovery cove :cool1: ) so a mixture of both would work well.

I just looked at your wedding pictures and they a FAB! you look gorgeous and I love the bridesmaids outfits too!! The shoes are SOOOOOOOOO cute!

Well, fingers crossed...you could definitely have both! I think that October was unusually hot last year. I just moved to Florida in July, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Aww, thanks! I thought those dresses were so much fun! All the girls loved them, and we got so many random compliments. My mother and I fought over those shoes for months, but finally she said, "It's your wedding" and let it go. The shoes were another big hit! So many fun photos, and for the most part comfortable! Anyway...enough about ME!! Bring on the wedding plans!! :thumbsup2

Glad you started your PJ! :) And I think that dress is AMAZING!! Can't wait to see your plans unfold! :goodvibes

Thank you :)
Im hoping to get an email from Kathleen today to say that our agreement and deposit have reached her.... Rev. Tim got his last Wednesday and I posted them on the same day :worried:

Welcome and congratulations! I think it's wonderful that you are having a Halloween wedding!!!

I love Halloween as well, but got married one week before, on 10/24/11. Make sure you get to MNSSHP! It was amazing!!

I can't wait to hear more about your plans! :goodvibes

Thank you :lovestruc
Spookily pixiedust: I literaly just booked our MNSSHP tickets!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So our wedding day so far goes...
31st Oct 2012:
Wedding at 1pm
Do our photos and gubbins, then on for a snacky dinner at down town disney.
Chill out for a little bit
Dinner reservation at tony's italian MK 6:15 pm
MNSSHP at MK all freaking night!!!

VERY EXCITED!

Hi Paula, I am loving your PJ so far - another big 'halloween and all things spooky' fan here too :good vibes

My best friend got married on halloween 2009 and also got her skirt and corset from Fairy Goth Mother - it's a fabulous store and the people are so friendly. MNSSHP is amazing too, we loved it!

We are contemplating a DFTW and it's so great to know that there are more unconventional couples out there - look forward to reading more! :thumbsup2

Hello Sarah, :wave2: WOW - you have been to Fairy Goth Mother? The nearest i have gotten so far is the website and few phone calls :lmao:
Me and my best mate are heading down on a road trip to the smoke in a few months time. Their stuff is just GORGEOUS! i honestly cannot wait to go down and try it all on and choose my outfit... feel like a kid at Xmas! lol

Well, I have today recieved an email from our co-ordinator and I am mega giddy now.
It has our options for music, flowers, photos etc on hahahahahahahaha FAR TOO EXCITED!

I am going to Talk to Ash tonight and get that all filled in :cheer2:

We've had a dreadful run of bad luck the past 2 months and looking forward to our wedding (and a music festival in a few weeks time) is keeping me on the right side of happy :)

Hello from another UK based memories bride! I remember the pack, that was fun!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your choices, if you need any help/advice don't hesitate to ask!:thumbsup2

Awesome wedding ideas. That dress is gorgeous. My SIL is having a Halloween Wedding this coming October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter