Paula and Ashley WDW Halloween memories wedding

Hi :wave2: Just stumbled upon your PJ. It caught my eye because your getting married on Halloween! My fiance and I seriously considered a Halloween Wedding. I love love love the dress. The back with the corset is absolutely gorgeous! And you great in it too. Can't wait to hear more.

Your dress is gorgeous! With a red or back sash and your fingerless gloves, it will be even more amazing.

Our wedding is the day after yours and we'll be at MNSSHP on your wedding night too! Are you planning to wear your wedding clothes or a more traditional halloween costume?

You guys are so sweet - i always get really excited when i see a response on here :woohoo:

Thanks for the comments on the dress - I am going to start playing around with some alterations soon :thumbsup2

I will be wearing my dress all day - so it will deffo be coming to the MNSSHP - which means that we can get lots of photopass pictures in our wedding gear too (the only time you can wear your wedding dress in the park) - so if you see us - do come over and say hi.

so are you doing the halloween party on your 'wedding eve'? cute x

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! As someone from the UK, can I ask did you book your flights before the 6 month DFTW where you can finalise your wedding date? Did you have any trouble getting your date? And if you don't mind me asking, how much has it cost you? Sorry for all the questions!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! As someone from the UK, can I ask did you book your flights before the 6 month DFTW where you can finalise your wedding date? Did you have any trouble getting your date? And if you don't mind me asking, how much has it cost you? Sorry for all the questions!

Hya,
we are doing the memories wedding (the eloping package) for just us and a maximum of 4 guests. As you say you cannot tie Disney down to a date until 6 months before for this package.
I booked the disney holiday through disney themselves last Nov. that came to about £4000:
2 weeks stay at a 2 bed villa at Old Key West
2 weeks ultimate park pass
2 weeks disney dining plan...
for us and 2 kids aged 13 and 9

We booked the flights oursleves in Jan about £2000 direct from Manchester to Orlando with Virgin atlantic

both of these were well before the 6 months notice - I was in regular contact with DFTW to ask if we would be guarenteed a wedding date during our 2 week stay - they assured me that they would deffinately fit us in.
And even better than that they said they would try for a halloween wedding for us even though they dont do memories weddings on Wednesdays.

I called them bang on opening time (2pm over here) 30th April - the first day that I could book for a halloween day wedding - and had no trouble at all (which was great considering Halloween is a big deal in the states) i was even given a choice of time and venue. I know that they would have fitted me either side of that too if wednesday was a no go.

Like i said I was in regular contact with them, just telling them how excited i was - so they even knew who I was when i called - coz I'd told them i would be straight on it as soon as i could :laughing:

Much cheaper to book everything else in advance (especially flights) so dont wait for the wedding dates to be released - they were great at fitting us in.

the wedding is working out at about £1500 and is just perfect for us - no hassle, transport, flowers, violin and photographer. the only things extra that we had to pay for were $200 for the officiant to marry us, £120ish for the marriage license and we opted to pay an extra $500 for the CD of the wedding photos with all copyright.

Hope that is helpful? x

That's been really helpful thanks. The issue I have is that we could have 6 guests potentially and I don't want to have to double the cost if I could avoid it. Sounds like they are pretty strict with the guest count so that's a bit of an issue!

It's great to hear they were so accommodating with your date. Back to the drawing board for me! Can't wait to hear about your special day!

Well we paid the wedding balance off early and everything is starting to feel very real :)

In the last 2 weeks we have organised our car hire, photo pass +, universal tickets, discovery cove tickets etc and it really won't be long until we are over in Florida, for our first time at Disney and getting married :-D

Today my friend and I started the alterations to the dress (I went with the ivory one)
I am going to keep putting photos on here of the progress as I am dying to talk about it but I don't want my friends and family to know or see too much...

Taking off the jewelled panel :)
43432F1A-FDE2-4D96-B0A6-D7CCEF81E296-22298-00001D88A2F57254.jpg

Here we have cut the seams of each panel up to the mid thigh and we are sizing it up for cobweb lace :)
9913622D-218C-4219-91C3-6A2D10927D1A-22298-00001D88AAFC36EA.jpg

We then cut out the white net Underskirt that was attached - leaving just the silky slip. We may add another net underskirt in red :)

We have also decided to go with Randy Chapman for photography and Stan for videography, they do such a great deal for memories weddings and they have already gone above and beyond what I would have hoped... And I haven't even met them yet :)

Your dress is going to be amazing! I'm so excited to read about a Halloween wedding :3dglasses

I just read through your PJ and I love the dress. It was beautiful before, but I think when you're finished it will look even better. Can't wait to see it finished!

one month today until we first step foot on disney property and we have more alterations to the dress - I'm loving how it is turning out...I could just wee i am that excited :rotfl:

all four panels are now in place:
E1720D38-F274-45DE-843B-F4DE34434F1B-293-000000179D36D3F5_zps1c789f38.jpg

7BE83104-E90E-452A-B8A1-D0B50729F96C-320-0000001C8A559BBC_zps4640c222.jpg

and now the train is covered in the cobweb lace :cool1:
8CD68CAF-BFDB-45F6-B999-E48866C7B008-320-0000001C885588AD_zps8711d9af.jpg

Your dress is AMAZING!!! I can't wait for actual wedding pictures!! I also LOVE that you guys decided to go to WDW with your family and have the wedding there! You guys are getting the trip of a lifetime, and the day is about YOU and your family anyway! I always said when I get married I am doing it in WDW, anyone who would like to join is more than welcome and if not...see you at the reception when we get back :lmao:

Halloween wedding? I'm in! Anohter UK bride and Fairygothmother fan here - love that you're personalising the dress you've chosen, though.

Can't wait to see more. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter