Paula and Ashley WDW Halloween memories wedding

:wave2::wave2: Hello - i dont know how to do that cute quote thing... :confused3 so I just have to reply as we go along :blush:
I might have to take you up on that offer of advice at some stage - we are going to sort our wedding license next month and the legal stuff is all a bit confusing... i am much better at sorting out the fun stuff.

And YEAY for Sister in law getting married at halloween - Halloween ROCKS.

I have chosen the orange roses and lillies bouquet - very pumpkin :rolleyes:
Just waiting to hear back if they will do spooky or rock violin music lol

Here are some photos of me and my silly fella - so that you can get an idea of what the wedding might be like lol

Our first halloween:
halloween1.jpg

Our second halloween:
halloween2.jpg

Obviously we wont be this scary at Disney - lol dont wanna get kicked out ha ha

and a few other silly ones of us x
Out with our friends (we are the back 2 on the right)
dressingup.jpg

dressingup2.jpg

a random zombie day with our friends (the kids are mine :lmao: )
everyone-zombie.jpg

Us all sweaty at a festival
festival.jpg

Me tattooing Ash lol - worry not, under strict supervision of my best friend who is a tattooist (i wasnt really hurting him - he is just silly lol)
tattooinglol.jpg

Hi!! Just jumping on board!

Halloween is my FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR and MNSSHP is the best event ever! You're going to have such an awesome wedding!

Cannot wait to hear more!

Oh my gosh! I love you guys! You guys remind me of me & my husband (on a milder level :rolleyes:) We are metalheads, but can't dress too much like you guys because we have jobs that won't allow it (although we would love to and have done once upon a time in our high school days ;) ) I adore fairygothmother, an avid lurker, but never bought anything from them, so I hope you love what you get :D

Hi!! Just jumping on board!

Halloween is my FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR and MNSSHP is the best event ever! You're going to have such an awesome wedding!

Cannot wait to hear more!

Thank you - we really are excited - there will be an annoyingly huge amount of photos - i promise :laughing:

Oh my gosh! I love you guys! You guys remind me of me & my husband (on a milder level :rolleyes:) We are metalheads, but can't dress too much like you guys because we have jobs that won't allow it (although we would love to and have done once upon a time in our high school days ;) ) I adore fairygothmother, an avid lurker, but never bought anything from them, so I hope you love what you get :D

Hahahaha Ash works in retail... but i am a multi tattooed, multi pierced, red haired receptionist for the NHS - My bosses must love me :goodvibes

I am soooo excited about going to fairy goth mother - i think i will try on EVERYTHING - i'll be like a kid in a sweet shop :rotfl:

Thanks for your lovely comments guys x

Hahahaha Ash works in retail... but i am a multi tattooed, multi pierced, red haired receptionist for the NHS - My bosses must love me :goodvibes

Ahah! Well I'm an RN.. I think if I had bright red hair & tattoos visible I might get fired for giving a patient a heart attack! :lmao: But yeah we need to have any piercings out (besides ears), and an "acceptable" hair color.. very strict rules. Nyx works with mentally challenged, so he has to wear plain colored T-shirts & jeans, and at least his tattoos are covered up by his t-shirt sleeves! If he dresses too "bizarre" it sets his consumers off to hair wild behaviors (i.e. smashing their heads into a car window as they have on multiple occasions sending them to the hospital). Why couldn't we pick cooler jobs?!

This place is so useful for keeping a log of where i am with things! :woohoo:

Today i am on with organising our wedding reception for when we get back to the UK.
We have had trouble trying to find somewhere central to the city we live in so all our friends can get there, that can allow a band to play, have a DJ, allow kids, do hot food and have enough room indoors to have an adults bouncy castle and a rodeo bull... but I think i have found somewhere. :yay: :yay: :yay:

We have had a really tough couple of months and our friends have been amazing - it will be nice to spoil them and have lots of fun :cheer2:

yea! For hopefully finding a reception place!
And I totally love the zombie pic with your kids in it.

Well, since i wrote the last post i have been to a music festival for 5 days:cool1: and then sick with a wisdom tooth impaction and infection :sick:

but... today i put the deposit down on the wedding reception:woohoo:
Rodeo bull and bouncy castle are booked and the invites are being written with strict instructions to come in fancy dress!!! :laughing:

So, now we have something to look forward to when we get back to the UK - no WDW post blues for us :goodvibes

First a little update on my fiance's outfit... he decided that he had settled on something that he liked... only it doesnt exist!!! lol
It is just a 2d design of a gothic waistcoat printed onto a tshirt?
waistcoat1.jpg

waistcoat2.jpg

Well - I spoke to a designer here in West Yorkshire about making this wasitcoat last friday, she asked me to post the design over, which i did the same day... woke up last Saturday (1day after) to find out that Halifax had been flooded badly and the studio was under 3 foot of water... machines, fabric and template designs all ruined! :eek: :sad2: :sad1:
so now i am waiting to hear back about whether they will be up and running again in time to make this for us by October... popcorn:: :laundy:

Ok - I have a dilemma!! and it is one that I never thought i would have! :confused3

I have always loved this dress:
dress1.jpg

as you saw on page one... but I have never tried it on or even been to the shop, it is in london (which is quite a distance) myself and my bestfriend were planning to go down on a train, spend the night in London (which would be costly) early August - this has never been up for question, at all....
BUT THEN.....

My Mum (who is trying to wiggle her way back into my good books) called me all excited on Monday... she had won a competition to get £500 off of a designer wedding dress from a new bridal shop that just opened 10 mins drive from where I live and she would like me to have it, Mum said if they didnt have anything that I liked that I could buy a heavily discounted dress - sell it - and put the money to my dress, or sell the competition prize for £100 to someone who would use it and put that money towards the dress :thumbsup2

I spoke to the shop owner who was lovely, she said that she only did traditional wedding dresses, but that she would try her best, I should make an appointment to come and see her and she would shut the shop and we could play with wedding dresses as much as we liked in the hope of finding something... so I gathered the troops (my Mum, my wacky best friend and my youngest daughter - eldest is away on a school trip at the mo) and booked an appointment for yesterday... we thought it would be a good girly day if nothing else :woohoo: :rolleyes1
I arrived and the lady had picked out a dress which was nothing to look at :sad2: Ivory and oyster - not a stitch of black or red :sad1:
she said that it was a Morticia style (wiggle/fishtail) design and this was as close to gothic as she could get.... i decided that today wasnt going to be as much fun as i had thought....

But then..... :scared1: :yay: I put the dress on and it was PERFECT - fitted me beautifully and made my figure look brilliant (no mean feat after 2 kids - honestly ****s, waist, bum all looked great!) we glammed it up with long black satin gloves (mine) a little tiara (shops) and a feather wrap (shops) and it was just gorgeous... I was shocked!!! stood there in Ivory... ME?!?!?!?! I only had to put £250 to the dress and it would be mine...
I stood there feeling WOW and feeling ubber glamorous...

We tried on 4 other dresses - but I just wanted to put THE dress back on...

DILEMMA - here are some (rather rubbish) shots from my mobile... opinions please x
d194e66e.jpg

3712834e.jpg

d0053169.jpg

2fd320ff.jpg

65991b5d.jpg

d790a507.jpg

533d7eec.jpg

sorry about the picture overload!
What do you guys think?

Dress looks flipping great, but more important, one can tell from the photos that you think that you look flipping great in it. I think that you have a winner.

IMHO would have no trouble choosing this over the dress you've. Posted and never seen. Personally this with the accessories you're showing look personal but classy and also wedding appropriate, not costume-y. Do you have to buy it this second? Try on the other so you don't have regrets later. You could also have a second dress (budget allowing) so you can have it all. I haven't read your whole journal, but if your groom is wearing a printed t shirt as his "outfit", then that first one (didn't look for prices on all these) would be fine.

I haven't posting on you PJ yet... But I have followed along. I finally had to post on this topic. I love the traditional wedding dress and you look stunning in it.... But I am in love love love with the black dress... It seems more you and if it's what you have pictured yourself in for a long time, then I think you should go with that one. But you would look vey pretty in either. :)

:) DH and I will be in WDW this Hallows eve at MNSSHP. I know your wedding day will be lovely. I personally love the white wedding dress with your special touches. The black is glam and goth but the white does make your figure look fantastic. I think you have special memories surrounding the finding of it and in the end it will save you some money. Believe me 18 years from now (DH and I will have our 18th this 10/08) you will not rmember the dress as much as the memories surrounding it. The details of the dress will fade a bit but you wil have so many others.

And in a Disney frame of mind this moring the white dress has the Jessica Rabbit and Cruella (who I love and is my fav villian)feel--which I think fits you and your groom-to-be perfectly.

Good luck to you both and Congratulations :banana:

The ivory dress suits you great. I still think you should go to London and try on the other dress you've always wanted to see how you feel about it in person. That way in 5 years time you don't look back with any regret or maybes.

I love the white dress with the black gloves. The color contrast makes them really pop.

Thank so much for your replies guys :flower3:
I really do appreciate it.

I bought the ivory dress and I picked it up yesterday... I intend to goth it up a bit and I am playing with some ideas at the mo :)
SO THAT IS THE DRESS SORTED! and as it is a memories wedding i really dont have much else to organise - less than 4 months to go and i am feeling ubber calm about it - eloping rocks :beach:

After trying on dress's it all felt much more real so, this week, I have also done our ESTA's (visa's) on line and I have booked the hotel on international drive for the first night that we are there (we arrive the day before our 2 weeks at WDW begins)

Our summer here in the UK is totally grim so far (lots of rain and flooding) so I am hoping for good weather in Orlando at Halloween x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter