Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
For all of you who are creating a sand ceremony and are worried about the sand mixing or becoming loose...try using melted candle wax ontop of the sand before you put the cork or top on for good. It works! Try it at home first to see if that is what you want.

wow thanks for that idea... now to remember to take a candle with me (and matches)... oh, my list will be sooo long come september.

Patricia,
Just checking in to see how things are going with the plans. :) I noticed you mentioned making extra money on ebay. I was curious about that. I would love to make some extra money for our fall trip. I had mentioned upgrading to Port Orleans to Emily (oldest DD) before I actually crunched the numbers. After I did the price comparison between Value and Moderates I realized it was a considerable difference. She is really disappointed now. I would love to surprise everyone with a Moderate Resort but only if I could pay for the difference by myself. We like the Values, I just thought it would be nice to try somewhere else. I'll just be happy to go.;)

Just wondered if you had any tips.

The picture of you and your husband at your wedding is so neat.

Patricia,
Just checking in to see how things are going with the plans. :) I noticed you mentioned making extra money on ebay. I was curious about that. I would love to make some extra money for our fall trip. I had mentioned upgrading to Port Orleans to Emily (oldest DD) before I actually crunched the numbers. After I did the price comparison between Value and Moderates I realized it was a considerable difference. She is really disappointed now. I would love to surprise everyone with a Moderate Resort but only if I could pay for the difference by myself. We like the Values, I just thought it would be nice to try somewhere else. I'll just be happy to go.;)

Just wondered if you had any tips.

The picture of you and your husband at your wedding is so neat.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for checking in. Ebay is a little slow going, but I have been selling some things (mainly books and clothes). I know what you mean about staying in a moderate, we too have only stayed at values, but I think after pulling this cruise off, we'll be able to do anythign we set our mind too. My plan is to have as much paid off before the balance is due (since it has to be paid in full before the end of May). We'll then put the balance on our disney visa and get the points (and pay that off asap).

We put our initial $400 deposit down and I've already made two more payments of $150 each. I'm planning on putting $100 every other week (when I get paid) as I had been putting that money in savings. Granted we could be earning interest by putting it in the ING until it's due, but I don't want any chance of it getting used for 'bills' so I am doing it this way and not worrying about the interest.

I hope you are able to upgrade to the moderate, but like you mentioned, we too love the values (we aren't in the room but at night to sleep).

I love this tropical bouquet for me
tropical.jpg

Due to customs and such, I can't bring my flowers or cake off the ship :sad1:
(I apologize, I haven't read any further) ... but I was able to take my flowers off DCL back in '07. I had that tropical bouquet and I :love:'ed it!!!

(I apologize, I haven't read any further) ... but I was able to take my flowers off DCL back in '07. I had that tropical bouquet and I :love:'ed it!!!

Oh, thank you so much for posting!!!! I cannot wait!!!! I am so excited waiting for September to get here. Again, thank you!!! :thanks:

wow thanks for that idea... now to remember to take a candle with me (and matches)... oh, my list will be sooo long come september.

That is a great idea....my list is growing too! LOL Daily!!!!!

That is a great idea....my list is growing too! LOL Daily!!!!!

I was showing hubby the sand ceremony set tonigth and explained what someone mentioned about the wax (sealing the sand in the main bottle for travel) and he started repeating the same thing... cause he's been lurking here reading all this too. I told him he needs to start a list then so we don't forget... he say's you already did, but I told him my list was a mental one right now!! If he's going to hang out here reading about our plans, he needs to do something.

Hi Kelly,

We put our initial $400 deposit down and I've already made two more payments of $150 each. I'm planning on putting $100 every other week (when I get paid) as I had been putting that money in savings. Granted we could be earning interest by putting it in the ING until it's due, but I don't want any chance of it getting used for 'bills' so I am doing it this way and not worrying about the interest.

That's definitely a smart way to do it. We just paid off last fall's Disney trip with our income tax refund. I think that is basically the plan for next year too. We do have a "vacation fund" that we save money in for spending money. I always worry about it getting spent on bills too.

Are you selling clothes that you don't wear anymore? I usually just get rid of mine at Goodwill or Salvation Army. Sometimes the clothes are in too bad shape so they get thrown in the rag bin. Abby does have some things she has outgrown that I could sell. Dresses and things that she didn't wear out.

I keep threatening to sell their Beanie Babies on Ebay. They have about 100 or more in containers under their beds. But if I did that I would probably be in huge trouble with my MIL since she bought most of them plus I don't want to hurt her feelings.:thumbsup2

That's a great idea for sealing your bottle of sand! Just make sure you don't set off the smoke detector in your cabin. :rotfl:

That's a great idea for sealing your bottle of sand! Just make sure you don't set off the smoke detector in your cabin. :rotfl:

I think we better do that on the verandah to be safe.

As for ebaying, I am selling clothes that I would have taken good will. Basically if I wouldn't buy it, I won't sell it. Unfortunately beanie babies don't seem to sell on ebay. I have a TON of them and keep planning on taking them to the state police cause they collect them to send to the soldiers to give to the kids.

I ordered my sand today for our sand ceremony. I found an awesome site that has just about every imaginable color of sand and if they don't they can custom color it for you. I ordered a marine blue (dark blue) and an ivory, which looks like a light tan so they will do with our bedroom colors so we can display it when we get back!!! I also put another payment on our cruise this week (slowly paying this down)!!! yea!!!

Great PJ so far! I'm so excited, we are planning on a VR on DCL for our 10th in 2010. I can't wait to get started on it! I love your choices so far!

Jennifer

Great PJ so far! I'm so excited, we are planning on a VR on DCL for our 10th in 2010. I can't wait to get started on it! I love your choices so far!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

welcome aboard. I hope I can assist you in any way. I'm jealous, you have a trip coming up really soon!!!

Jennifer,

welcome aboard. I hope I can assist you in any way. I'm jealous, you have a trip coming up really soon!!!

I know, i'm so excited! I can't wait to go, so i can come back and start planning my Vow Renewal!!! :rotfl:

PJ.....I love the 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big hair, lots of fluff, great times!!!!

Wonderful preview to your VR, and I love the matching dress and shirt!! We all wore matching clothes on the first day that we got on board, and I loved it.

Make certain that you take time to enjoy it all and I am so glad that you have read ahead for the VR, if I had I would have known to take my flowers after all, and I would have packed my cake!! Oh well, I have the memories and pictures!

I will keep reading to see how you are doing in all this. Maybe I can convince my husband that we have to do it again for 25 years, after all we will have a second child by then!!! :rotfl: I don't think he'll go for it.

Cheryl

Patricia,
Just had to tell someone that I knew would appreciate this as much as I do...
We are going to WDW in Sept. for Free Dining! :cool1: I have made reservations at ASMu for 7 nights (I add a day each year and my husband doesn't seem to notice...someday we'll be up to 2 weeks!:cool1: ) I even have all of my ADRs made as well. Now I just need to book our flight and we'll be ready to go. Yay!!
Sorry for interrupting your VR journal. I just had to tell someone who appreciates WDW as much as we do.:thumbsup2

Patricia,
Just had to tell someone that I knew would appreciate this as much as I do...
We are going to WDW in Sept. for Free Dining! :cool1: I have made reservations at ASMu for 7 nights (I add a day each year and my husband doesn't seem to notice...someday we'll be up to 2 weeks!:cool1: ) I even have all of my ADRs made as well. Now I just need to book our flight and we'll be ready to go. Yay!!
Sorry for interrupting your VR journal. I just had to tell someone who appreciates WDW as much as we do.:thumbsup2

Kelly,

NEVER appoligize for your excitement!!!! I am so happy for you. Hubby mentioned to me last week, why don't we extend our trip a few days and do disney (since we are only doing the cruise part). well, needless to say, I have already booked our flights, so I am plum out of luck for this one. I'll be thinking of you when we head home without seeing mickey and friends. I am sure you'll have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter