Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks for reviving my thread, I really thought it was 'done', lol. Well maybe in my spair time I'll finish this one, write our May one and start on our DL one, lol, YEA RIGHT! I will try though.

Thanks for reviving my thread, I really thought it was 'done', lol. Well maybe in my spair time I'll finish this one, write our May one and start on our DL one, lol, YEA RIGHT! I will try though.
This is the only way i will remember what happened since i was on cloud 9 :littleangel: the whole time :thumbsup2

It was our last day of our ‘honeymoon’!!! I was sad it was coming to an end, but glad we’d be heading home to see our kids. Before we completed packing up, I had to go visit my friend who was having her hair and make up trial for her DFTW VR! Oh my goodness, she looked so beautiful, sorry that I do not have any photos of that. But, had to go back and finish getting all our ‘stuff’ ready to go.

Before we checked out, our ‘DVC guide’ called to say she was ‘surprised she hadn’t heard from us’. Those that know us personally are well aware of the ‘problems’ we had later on with this same guide. At that time, we were not ready to make the financial commitment without reviewing our budget at home. I’ve always been told that no matter how good the deal looks, if they want you to sign right then DO NOT!!!! Needless to say, when we did decide later on after being home for a few weeks, we were still able to get ‘all those perks’ that were only available that weekend we were there!!!!

Ok, back to our last day. I had decorated our window and door for this trip (as I typically do when we are at POP), but forgot to take any pics until the last morning.

2671238210074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Major dilemma!!!! How was I going to get my flowers home and how would they survive hours in the car in the HOT Florida sun. I really wanted to take my flowers ‘home’ with me. They were so beautiful and had looked so pretty sitting in our room, BUT, we were heading to Animal Kingdom for the day and it was already very HOT outside. I took my flowers and put them in the ice bucket with ice all around, knowing it was going to melt in the hot car. This is what they looked like though on that last morning (still as pretty as they were the day of our vow renewal).

2074990440074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So once we got packed up, it was off to Animal Kingdom. Even though this park is so HOT, I do love it and all of the nature!

2006326030074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

I love the Tree of Life.

2533164620074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

It’s been so long since we were there, but I remember a few details of the day. We watched It’s Tough to Be A Bug. Ok, if your child does not like the dark or you know it’s going to be too scary for them, WHY do you stay there and let your child scream? Be kind and LEAVE.

2650772730074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We did the safari and got to sit in the very front since we were ‘newlyweds’! It was great to be up front after having sat in the very back (very bumpy)! Here are some of our photos from the day (Photopass).

2650772730074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2448988910074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2263072600074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2716173130074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2623472180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2555718330074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2662475270074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We spent a good portion of the day at Animal Kingdom but had to get back to Pop to meet up with my friend who we were flying home with.

I was pleased to see that my flowers made it the rest through the heat of the day. As we were heading to the airport, hubby was looking sad. I asked ‘what was wrong’? He was bummed that we were ‘able’ to buy DVC right then. I was honestly ok, with not buying at that time. My hubby is very good with the budget and if he was not comfortable signing right then, that was ok with me. I was truly ok with it! I love him so much J

After enjoying our lovely day at AK, it was really time to go home. We headed to the airport. We met up with our friend who was flying on the same flight and had a bite to eat. Before going through security, I had to take my flowers and dump out all the ice and water that was in the bucket (NO LIQUIDS through security). I soaked the towels I had supported the ice bucket with and wrapped them around the flowers. I then carried them through with no trouble.

After getting through security, we wanted to get coffee. I opted for a yummy Starbucks frappuccino and hubby wanted regular McD’s coffee. Well, a disagreement ensued over the price of the coffee and the posted price! As my lawyer friend mentioned to me, hubby really should have taken his Mickey ears (groom ears) off before arguing with the manager of McD’s! But, he got his coffee for the posted price, lol.

As we were boarding the flight, we were congratulated on our ‘new marriage’ and Southwest gave us a bottle of champagne (which we could not open on the plane), lol. A very nice ending to a beautiful Vow Renewal and second honeymoon.

For anyone that ‘hung’ around to read the end of this, thank you! It was really hard to get back to after such a long time off.

So glad you finished! Your flowers were gorgeous!!

I see you're heading to Disneyland soon! How exciting!!!! When we move back to the states, we definitely want to do that! Will we get a TR??

So glad you finished! Your flowers were gorgeous!!

I see you're heading to Disneyland soon! How exciting!!!! When we move back to the states, we definitely want to do that! Will we get a TR??

Heidi,

I loved my flowers and truly want to 'recreate' them in silks, but just haven't found ones that match. I am way behind in the TR, but definitely going to do one. We were at WDW in May for our first trip as DVC owners and stayed at AKV for my birthday. This is our very first trip to Disneyland (just a bit excited, lol) and I will definitely be writing about that.

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

You finished!!! Your flowere were beautiful! Love the pic of you and Dale with the bug glasses!

Can't wait to hear all about your DL trip! Have a wonderful time!

Oh I so need to get back to this TR. Unfortunately I can't view any photos at work:sad2: I am so glad you finished it, you are doing much better than I am, I am still writing my TR, my plan is to eventually self publish it, just so I can have a treasured keepsake. I am going to finish it, almost 2 years now and we are planning on going back next year, you think I'll finish by then?:rotfl2:

Glad to hear you are still busy and planning another trip!

Oh I so need to get back to this TR. Unfortunately I can't view any photos at work:sad2: I am so glad you finished it, you are doing much better than I am, I am still writing my TR, my plan is to eventually self publish it, just so I can have a treasured keepsake. I am going to finish it, almost 2 years now and we are planning on going back next year, you think I'll finish by then?:rotfl2:

Glad to hear you are still busy and planning another trip!

Summer, so glad to see you. I do wish you'd finish, I loved reading about your wedding and want to hear all about the remaining days of your honeymoon. So what's up with the house? Are you still thinking of moving to this side of the 'pond'? I know what you mean about having a treasure. I do scrap book and i'm so bad at journaling so this would be a great keepsake.

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

You finished!!! Your flowere were beautiful! Love the pic of you and Dale with the bug glasses!

Can't wait to hear all about your DL trip! Have a wonderful time!

Laura, I AM going to do a TR for our first DVC trip (it's in the works, at least in my head, lol). And then on to DLR!!!!

I did do an update on my TR last week and I am in the middle of doing another one to put up this week, I am setting a target for at least one instalment per week otherwise I may never finish!

As for moving to Canada, it is still on the caards, but on hold indefinitely at the moment. The housing market crashed at totally the wrong time for us, just when we were getting ready to put it up for sale, everything went wrong! So we are in the process of getting it really nice so that if we do have to stay for a while, at least we have a nice house. We just finished decorating and refurbishing the living room, kitchen and hall, we now have 2 bedrooms to do and the bathroom. I am not willing to put it on the market until the figures start rising, we have put a lot into the house and want to see a good return. To be honest we won't know what we are doing until the house sells, if we have enough money then the move to Canada will still be on. However we both have talked about having children and at the moment we are thinking of starting a family (well after Disney!):laughing:

We are going back to Disney next year, considered going on a recce to Vancouver/Nelson, but it was really expensive to do and next year it will be 3 years since we went to Disney, can't believe how time flies! Next week is our 2year anniversary and I remember it all as if it was yesterday. Gonna watch our wedding DVD this weekend:cloud9:

Summer, I can't believe it's been two years!!! I don't know where the time goes. We've had the same problem here with housing, prices have continued to fall and so many have lost their homes. I hope it's not that bad there. I'll have to go check out your TR and catch up.

Ok, ok, ok.... for those that have been awaiting my TR from our first trip as DVC members, I have FINALLY started it, lol. (link in siggie). So yes, I'm going to get this done! :goodvibes

Yeah for you now that you are done with one, you can get ready to do a second!!!

Have a great day!!!

Cheryl

For those that were following along (not just the vow renewal) I've embarked on a new Trip Report. Our No Kids Trip last week (link in siggie).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter