Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah hopefully they can do it early in the trip! I like our wedding will be in the middle. I was scared cause on the 3 day cruise Castaway Cay is last! I wanted to enjoy my flowers and all too! My planner did tell me once we get to port after the cruise to just to grab my bouquet and walk off the ship and "most likely" no one will stop me.

Lisa,

that would be wonderful. I so want to keep my flowers. I had 'fake' ones the first time around and want to show these off to everyone. (but it will only be hubby and i on the ship).

Patricia,
I followed your link from your trip report. Those pictures of you and your husband are so sweet. I am so happy for you with your VR. I really like your dress. It will look so nice on you.

Good luck with your weight loss goals. I know what you mean about losing and gaining weight. I lost 23 lbs last summer and I think I have gained 5-8 lbs.back. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can walk and be outside, instead of being stuck in the house with Christmas candy, valentine candy and soon Easter candy!:scared1:

Patricia,
I followed your link from your trip report. Those pictures of you and your husband are so sweet. I am so happy for you with your VR. I really like your dress. It will look so nice on you.

Good luck with your weight loss goals. I know what you mean about losing and gaining weight. I lost 23 lbs last summer and I think I have gained 5-8 lbs.back. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can walk and be outside, instead of being stuck in the house with Christmas candy, valentine candy and soon Easter candy!:scared1:

Kelly,

thanks for coming by!!! I too can't wait for some warmer weather. I hate winter (unless we get a big snow) but that hasn't happened for a while.

I ordered my dress and hubby's matching shirt today!!!! YIPEE!!! I am so excited. Hubby does not know, but 'oh well' he will wear it, lol. I haven't gotten anything in the mail from DFTW yet :confused3 I only have the online info that was sent to me (basically it is the planning guide) that I am to fill out and fax back. I know what flowers I am going to pick. I couldn't save a big photo of them, so it might be pretty small, sorry.

I love this tropical bouquet for me
tropical.jpg

and this for hubby
tropbut.jpg

I have read about doing a sand ceremony. We didn't have a unity candle or anything like that when we got married the first time, I thought the sand ceremony looked nice. Only problem, I cannot find an answer to whether we could do that on board and be able to bring our sand home.

Due to customs and such, I can't bring my flowers or cake off the ship :sad1:

Well I guess thats all I have for now. Thanks for following along.

I ordered my dress and hubby's matching shirt today!!!! YIPEE!!! I am so excited. Hubby does not know, but 'oh well' he will wear it, lol. I haven't gotten anything in the mail from DFTW yet :confused3 I only have the online info that was sent to me (basically it is the planning guide) that I am to fill out and fax back. I know what flowers I am going to pick. I couldn't save a big photo of them, so it might be pretty small, sorry.

I love this tropical bouquet for me
tropical.jpg

and this for hubby
tropbut.jpg

I have read about doing a sand ceremony. We didn't have a unity candle or anything like that when we got married the first time, I thought the sand ceremony looked nice. Only problem, I cannot find an answer to whether we could do that on board and be able to bring our sand home.

Due to customs and such, I can't bring my flowers or cake off the ship :sad1:

Well I guess thats all I have for now. Thanks for following along.

Patricia,
That's too bad about the flowers and cake. Did the Disney Cruiseline people tell you that? Since our cruise was over Valentine's Day they were selling flowers on board the ship. They made an announcement about the roses saying you may or may not get to keep them once you got to customs. I did see someone carrying the roses off the ship when we were disembarking. I am not sure what happened when they got to customs but I know I saw a little girl with roses getting off the ship and heading towards customs the same time as us. They may have taken them from her once she got to a certain point. It is such a pretty bouquet it would be a shame to not get to enjoy it as long as possible. :sad2:

Patricia,
That's too bad about the flowers and cake. Did the Disney Cruiseline people tell you that? Since our cruise was over Valentine's Day they were selling flowers on board the ship. They made an announcement about the roses saying you may or may not get to keep them once you got to customs. I did see someone carrying the roses off the ship when we were disembarking. I am not sure what happened when they got to customs but I know I saw a little girl with roses getting off the ship and heading towards customs the same time as us. They may have taken them from her once she got to a certain point. It is such a pretty bouquet it would be a shame to not get to enjoy it as long as possible. :sad2:

Kelly,

I've heard different things so I guess I won't be sure until it happens. I'll definately 'try' and take them with me. I've been given a heads up to ask them to wrap my cake really good and I could put it in a suitcase!!! (just hope it doesn't squish out into my clothes, hahaha :rotfl2: )

I really hope to be able to bring them home since they are so pretty and you don't get much to remember the special day with.

Hi pjstevens- OMG I had to laugh when I started reading your report. It sounds just like me and my husband. We married in March 1981 and also went to the Pocono's for our HM! We have two children, our son married in June 2005 and our daughter was also a CP working at EPCOT's Land Boat ride.

Fast forward...My DH and I renewed our vows on the Disney Wonder in March, 2006. Our ceremony was held outside on Deck 7 at 4pm on a Friday while in Nassua. Cathy Ingle from DFTW was our land coordinator. We started planning our VR about 18 months before. We met with her in Oct. 2005 but did most planning via email. It was a small ceremony, 9 of us all together.

We did have the onboard photographer. We chose the photo package for $400. Also the organist was fantastic. I dont remember if that was included in the $1000 VR price. (the price has since gone up to I believe, $1800) My daughter and daughter-in-law both held the flower wands, my son and husband both had beautiful boutineers. My bouquet was beautiful. I will have to dig out some photos so you can see everything...or go to http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh231/wdbrdwlk/DCL Vow Renewal/?mediafilter=images you may need to scroll down to see the photos.

There are other great gift surprises waiting for you...but I won't spoil it!

Let me know if I can help.

Oops, I forgot to mention, just take a large tupperware container with you so that you can take your leftover cake off the ship. pack it in your suitcase inside a zip-lock bag...as for the flowers I had no problem taking mine off the ship. The rule of thumb is if Disney provided the flowers for the VR then they were created on US land and therefore you can take them off the ship.

Oops, I forgot to mention, just take a large tupperware container with you so that you can take your leftover cake off the ship. pack it in your suitcase inside a zip-lock bag...as for the flowers I had no problem taking mine off the ship. The rule of thumb is if Disney provided the flowers for the VR then they were created on US land and therefore you can take them off the ship.

THANK YOU!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Can you say I am so excited to hear that!!!! I'll be checking out your photos when I get home (you know, work has to be done some times, lol). Thanks for sharing. I"m sure I'll be asking you lots of questions.

Goldelox9- I have seen your pj on other threads...great ideas. I love the dress you picked out too. Although I had a VR your wedding will be abit different. I have seen other TR on the weddings at Castaway Cay...they are just beautiful! You will be one beautiful bride! Can't wait for more details...

And one more thing...we had candybars made that had our names, date and 25th Anniversary on them in silver paper. We also bought custom M&M's. We had stateroom gifts delivered to our guests as well....Our reception was in PALO's...it was the best reception ever! We had a wonderful server and he brought us every food dish they make in the kitchen...we ate for hours it seemed. they even served more of the wedding cake too if anyone wanted it. And leftovers were delivered to the staterooms. It was great... I will add more as I relive it here at work with my door closed!

Fast forward...My DH and I renewed our vows on the Disney Wonder in March, 2006. Our ceremony was held outside on Deck 7 at 4pm on a Friday while in Nassua. Cathy Ingle from DFTW was our land coordinator. We started planning our VR about 18 months before. We met with her in Oct. 2005 but did most planning via email. It was a small ceremony, 9 of us all together.

Did you have a pj or a tr? I think I stumbled across your photos somewhere in my massive search of the boards looking for info. I love you photos. Everything looks beautiful. How many days was your cruise. We are only four nights and I've been told I can only have our cermony on the 'sea' day which is the day before we arrive back at port. I read that you had yours while you were at Nassau, correct? Was that an option back then?

Of course the price has gone up, but I think I got in just before an increase cause I was quoted $1500 and I read online (on the disneyweddings site) that its $18something for the four night cruise vow renewal.

Thanks for stopping by my pj.

Ok, I've done some research and found that I should be fine if I want to do a sand ceremony. Since we'll be bringing the sand from the US, shouldn't be any problem bringing it back into the US... this is also what I heard about the flowers!!!!!

I had found a nice sand ceremony set but didn't buy it before it ended (on ebay) and of course can't find any like it. It was a smaller one and has a cork top (so that way I can make sure the sand doesn't spill out on the way home). Hoping the person will relist soon, but not sure.

Has anyone come across info for sand ceremony's (like wording, where to get, etc)?

I can't wait for September, I'm getting more excited each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter