Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
In order to do a vow renewal, you have to have your original marriage license. I mentioned earlier that I cannot find that (nor my wedding photos!!!!) So I sent away for a certified copy and yesterday in my mail I get something from the Clerk of the Peace (that handles these things). I open it up and find MY SON'S marriage license!!!! Now hubby is a senior, but wasn't when we got married. We were married in 1983, DS got married in 2006, different bride and different month. I was so shocked that they could mess this up (being you had to provide all the original info). Fortunately a quick phone call and our license is being mailed out today!!! Should have that in a day or two.

On another note, I finally got the mailing from DFTW and I cannot get the cd/dvd to play right in my computer. Heads up I am using Vista, so there is probably my problem. I can view it, but I have NO sound at all. Any suggestions??

As far as the CD/DVD goes - not sure which one you are referring to. I got a DVD of cakes and I could not open it up on my computer at home. I need to open it up at work. It was a PowerPoint document. I thought I had this on my laptop but I guess not.

Linda

As far as the CD/DVD goes - not sure which one you are referring to. I got a DVD of cakes and I could not open it up on my computer at home. I need to open it up at work. It was a PowerPoint document. I thought I had this on my laptop but I guess not.

Linda

It was the one that comes with the initial DFTW info packet. I should try running it on one of the kids computers they are still running XP.

Ok, I've talked (via email of course) with my contact at DFTW and she said it is fine to do a sand ceremony on board and bring home. Since I am taking all the supplies on with me in the US will be fine to bring home! So I ordered this pretty set off Ebay yesterday

sand.jpg

I haven't pick my colors yet, but I've read to pick colors that compliment where you are going to display it (I'm thinking our bedroom). That would be a dark blue and tan. If I did living room, that one has lots of colors, but the walls are a very pale yellow so something that would look good with that. Any ideas?

Well my dress (and hubby's shirt) arrived yesterday!!! I am so excited. I was surprised how small it was squished into the envelope!!! Will make easy packing, lol... Thank goodness they will steam it for me on the ship! Of course I tried it on and wasnt' overjoyed with the excess weight that is still hanging around. I have been walking/jogging (just started that) and need to start on some weights to firm up some of the excess. I will though try it on again and post a pic soon.

Keep up the good work!
Did you get your marriage license yet?

Yes, we did, finally get our marriage certificate. It came really quick the second time.

YEAH... that is exciting! Do you show Dh the shirt? You both will look Great!

No, I haven't shown dh yet, lol... He's going to show up, that's all that matters, lol. Actually, I'll have to break it to him, as I am planning and planning.

:) I just realized what I wrote. I called it a marriage "license". I expect you had that 25 years ago.:rotfl: Sorry about that.:laughing: I am glad you got your marriage certificate.

Actually Kelly, you were right, it is a certified copy of our marriage license. I don't know what I was thinking of.

Sorry I've been 'away' from the board. I could spend all day playing here, but I have to work, also playing on the cruise board and I've been ebaying a LOT to try and make money towards this.

Today, Hubby and I were discussing the cruise and vow renewal and what we were going to wear and he's telling me he'll wear his white polo, I told him NO!!! then he says he has a long sleeve white dress shirt!!! I tell him NO!! I finally say I already got you a shirt!!!

WELL I GOT THE LOOK!!!! The look that says, "I already know that!!!" 'Cause I've been peeking at your PJ!!!"

He says to me, I've been waiting for you to write more, :lmao:

Well, now he knows about the sand ceremony (but he didn't get the entire idea) but after some explaining, he seems to understand.

So I guess I'll have to update some more.

Oh, I did find ONE photo from our wedding. I know they are here some where, but I've been scrapping disney pics for so long, I haven't look all over again.

Here is one from after our ceremony, but it's not too good (kind of a side view).

001-1.jpg

I think I've decided on a dark blue and tan for our sand ceremony colors. I want to be able to display it somewhere and those colors will go with our bedroom.

For those that have done the sand ceremony, where did you get your sand? A local craft store, or online?

I am scared my sand will get all messed up and totally mixed together on the plane home. I was to see you trying on your dress!

I am scared my sand will get all messed up and totally mixed together on the plane home. I was to see you trying on your dress!

Lisa,

My 'plan' is to really cram the sand in so that it is so full it can't move and also to put it in my carry on. Praying that after all this, that I don't have a problem.

Lisa,

My 'plan' is to really cram the sand in so that it is so full it can't move and also to put it in my carry on. Praying that after all this, that I don't have a problem.

We actually got our sand through Disney Floral which worked out perfectly. Our colors were blue and white. I don't think you can carry them in your carry on with the new regulations. We stuffed tissue inside our jar (which had a lid) and it still got mixed up a little. I figured that it's okay because after all it shows how our lives are truly joined together now and can't be separated :goodvibes

For all of you who are creating a sand ceremony and are worried about the sand mixing or becoming loose...try using melted candle wax ontop of the sand before you put the cork or top on for good. It works! Try it at home first to see if that is what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter