Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok, I guess it's official, I have a PJ!!!!!

I have been looking at dresses (online only) since the thought of this popped into my head. Being that we are doing our renewal on the cruise, I knew I didn't want something too fancy, but I wanted something pretty. I have several tattoos (sorry if that offends anyone) but two are on my shoulders so I didn't want anything strapless or with spaghetti straps.

Well, today I found this dress and thought it would be perfect (without the necklace it's shown with)! If you have read any of my trip report, you know I am not a small person. I would love to lose 50 pounds before cruising (actually for my health) but the cruise is a good motivator. So I am not sure how this will look on me, but I may buy it and if it doesn’t look nice I’ll try to sell it.

97331021_o.jpg

It has a matching shirt for hubby.

103938141_o.jpg

So of course I haven’t shown hubby any of this, lol. He will think I’ve fallen off the deep end. I told him we have to look pretty for our vow renewal!!! PRETTY, you got that! Of course I had to listen to that. I meant for him to look nice, and I want to look pretty.

I am trying to find if anyone has seen or has a picture of the "Special Vow Renewal Album" that is included with the photography packages. I am debating here. Someone mentioned recently on their TR that they just got the CD (with all the pics on) and I was thinking that would be the best thing, so you have them all. We did NOT have a professional photographer the first time around. My photographer worked with my mil and did our wedding as our gift (if I recall, it was a LONG time ago :lmao: ) We got all of our photos in one of those magnetic albums. NOTHING PRETTY TO SHOW!!! We paid for our own wedding, so it was done on a shoestring. We didn't have any 'real' music at the reception (there was some background music), like I mentioned no 'first dance', no alcohol (not that we drink now, but we did like to then). Sorry, rant over.... back to the photography. That is one thing I wish we had done and would really like to do right this time. I would love your opions on this.

Well I guess right now, I better end here. I am anxiously awaiting my mail from DFTW!!!

Hey just wanted to say i was looking at some of your pics from your xmas trip - they were great! congrats on PJ start!

Hey just wanted to say i was looking at some of your pics from your xmas trip - they were great! congrats on PJ start!

Thanks so much. I can't tell you how much fun we had at Disney in December. Boy, what a difference from the August heat and humidity. Granted we had an unusally warm week and some humidity, but nothing compared to the summer!!!

First off congratulations on 25 years!! We vacationed on the wonder twice and its awesome!! A great place to renew your vows! Also, that dress is really pretty...love the matching shirt! :banana:

First off congratulations on 25 years!! We vacationed on the wonder twice and its awesome!! A great place to renew your vows! Also, that dress is really pretty...love the matching shirt! :banana:

Wow eight days til your DFTW!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Thanks on the congrats. I'll tell you it's not easy all the time, there are trials in all relationships, good days and bad, love and arguements, but I made a committment and I love my husband more every day! I am so excited to be celebrating 25 years!!! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about your wedding!

Wow eight days til your DFTW!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Thanks on the congrats. I'll tell you it's not easy all the time, there are trials in all relationships, good days and bad, love and arguements, but I made a committment and I love my husband more every day! I am so excited to be celebrating 25 years!!! :cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about your wedding!

I love your dress! Where did you get it.

I love your dress! Where did you get it.

Starr,

I haven't bought it yet, it's on ebay!!! and very inexpensive compared to what I've seen online for 'bridal' dresses. I really thing it's pretty too.

Well, I have searched 'most' of my home and cannot find our wedding pics (nor my book that has our marriage certificate in it). I did find info on line to get a certified copy (for only $10) so I am going to send off for that and not worry and kill myself over finding this. I did want to post a few photos of what we looked like the first time. We went to the Poconos for our honeymoon (one of those couples resorts with the heart shaped tub and all ;) ) Fortunately, they did have a professional photographer so we do have some pics from then. These are from September 1983!!! I was please these were in a nice book so they still look nice (yea, I use to be blond).

002.jpg

Yea, hubby had LOTS of facial hair. We went back for our second anniversary and had a few more done (notice the lack of hair, :lmao: ) Much better, I told him he can never grow that beard back.

001.jpg

Awww!!! You guys are so totally cute!!! I love seeing these kind of pictures because I get that fuzzy feeling because I know for somebody it's nostalgic :goodvibes Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us! :hug:

Patty -- Those pix are adorable! I have to tell you, I really like the color of your hair in your most recent trip pix. I know when we knew each other well you were blonde, but the darker color hair really makes your eyes look huge! :)

Awww!!! You guys are so totally cute!!! I love seeing these kind of pictures because I get that fuzzy feeling because I know for somebody it's nostalgic :goodvibes Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us! :hug:

I know that warm fuzzy feeling. I can't believe how young we were (but granted I was 19 when we got married).

Patty -- Those pix are adorable! I have to tell you, I really like the color of your hair in your most recent trip pix. I know when we knew each other well you were blonde, but the darker color hair really makes your eyes look huge! :)

Cam,

I just went dark (my natural color I guess) about two years ago, before my sons wedding. I got so many compliments that I decided then to never go back to blonde. Now I don't have to color it every month (money and time saver there). I do like it darker. Aubre did hers darker and thats what got me thinking. I also just use a semi to cover the gray (which I NEVER knew I had when I was blonde :lmao: )

I am in! I want w VR for 2010 so I am always on the lookout for VR PJ's! I grew up on Long Island so I know all about the Poconos and those heart shaped tubs. You two are too cute! Congrats on the cruise, can't wait to hear more.

I am in! I want w VR for 2010 so I am always on the lookout for VR PJ's! I grew up on Long Island so I know all about the Poconos and those heart shaped tubs. You two are too cute! Congrats on the cruise, can't wait to hear more.

I have always dreamt of a vr, back like for our 10th, 15th, etc... but never opened my mouth. I think part of it was I always thought when i got back to the size I was when I got married, then we could renew our vows. Needless to say I GIVE UP!!!! I want a vow renewal. I am trying to get some more weight off (I've lost 30 in the past two years, but honestly, I lost 35-40 in a year, then slowly it kept up and down for the past year). I so want to look better and feel better. I can't even say how excited I am about the cruise! Thanks for the congrats. I stopped by your homepage, you have a beautiful family.

Hi PJ!! Good to see you over here on this board!! I'm a long time lurker here too :teeth:

Will be nice to follow your progress before the Cruise!!

Hi PJ!! Good to see you over here on this board!! I'm a long time lurker here too :teeth:

Will be nice to follow your progress before the Cruise!!

Thanks Hayley, I've hung out here, dreaming for some time, lol, now I can really be here!!! Can't wait til September!

HI! I am getting married on the Disney Wonder in November! I am so glad to find another Disney Cruise Bride! I love that dress and Shirt! Awesome! Are you planning on having your service on the ship or on the island?

I'm so excited for you! A DCL VR sounds fantastic!

Those places in the Poconos are a goof, but fun. Your tree pics looks look like some we have. There's also the floating heads in a heart. :rotfl2: Ours are from the 90s, but I doubt things were much different. Except we had snow.

Love the dress. Any chance you could share the store name?

HI! I am getting married on the Disney Wonder in November! I am so glad to find another Disney Cruise Bride! I love that dress and Shirt! Awesome! Are you planning on having your service on the ship or on the island?

Hi Lisa,

I've been lurking on yoru PJ. Loving all your info. We are doing our VR on board. I am hoping that we dont' have to do it on the only day at sea as that is the day before we get back to port. I want to enjoy my flowers and cake for more than an evening. :confused3

I really think I'll be ordering that dress this week, I am sure that is the one.

I'm so excited for you! A DCL VR sounds fantastic!

Those places in the Poconos are a goof, but fun. Your tree pics looks look like some we have. There's also the floating heads in a heart. :rotfl2: Ours are from the 90s, but I doubt things were much different. Except we had snow.

Love the dress. Any chance you could share the store name?

Gillian,

I found it on ebay. I'll find the 'store' or sellers id and pm you.

yeah hopefully they can do it early in the trip! I like our wedding will be in the middle. I was scared cause on the 3 day cruise Castaway Cay is last! I wanted to enjoy my flowers and all too! My planner did tell me once we get to port after the cruise to just to grab my bouquet and walk off the ship and "most likely" no one will stop me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter