Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

Which session were you at last year?
My mother and I were at the afternoon session - she had too much fun that day trying to get me drunk.

I love Keegan too!!!

I looked at my old itinerary. We were at the afternoon session on 10/15. Yearbook50, Do you remember him looking for the grumpiest person in the room? And how she reacted!

I looked at my old itinerary. We were at the afternoon session on 10/15. Yearbook50, Do you remember him looking for the grumpiest person in the room? And how she reacted!

Yes. She sure was a sour face wasn't she? That was priceless. My mother wanted to remind her that when in Disney, one should be happy especially when you are being given alcohol and desserts.

I liked the lady that went to the event faithfully even though she was sick and couldn't actually eat any of the desserts. Keegan made her feel special :D

Hi everybody! been really busy but I did want to let you all know that it's still a no-go on the Sushi pairings (just talked to a CM today). Jay and I have decided that we're going to have our own sushi pairing over at Kimonos (it's at the Swolphin). We've never eaten there but the menu looks pretty extensive and seems reasonably priced so we're going to give it a go.

Also... anyone doing a pairing at Coral Reef on 10/24? I wanted to go for the Seas Salon pairing on 10/17 but it sounds like all of those are sold out so I opted for Coral Reef a week later so we could end our trip on a "high" note (I hope).

We did a pairing at Coral Reef last year and it was one of the highlights of our trip, so I'm hoping we have the same kind of experience this year.

Hope everyone is doing well - I hope to catch up this weekend. :goodvibes

Hi everybody! been really busy but I did want to let you all know that it's still a no-go on the Sushi pairings (just talked to a CM today). Jay and I have decided that we're going to have our own sushi pairing over at Kimonos (it's at the Swolphin). We've never eaten there but the menu looks pretty extensive and seems reasonably priced so we're going to give it a go.

Also... anyone doing a pairing at Coral Reef on 10/24? I wanted to go for the Seas Salon pairing on 10/17 but it sounds like all of those are sold out so I opted for Coral Reef a week later so we could end our trip on a "high" note (I hope).

We did a pairing at Coral Reef last year and it was one of the highlights of our trip, so I'm hoping we have the same kind of experience this year.

Hope everyone is doing well - I hope to catch up this weekend. :goodvibes

Hey Brenda, We have Coral Reef booked on the 24th!!! That will be fun to see you & Jay there too!:goodvibes

Brenda - too bad about the 10/17 Pairing. I'll be at that one.

One cool thing about kimono's is that there is karoke at night. So - you could make a complete fool of yourself.

Hey Brenda, We have Coral Reef booked on the 24th!!! That will be fun to see you & Jay there too!:goodvibes

Excellent! Now I know it will be a good time! :thumbsup2

Brenda - too bad about the 10/17 Pairing. I'll be at that one.

One cool thing about kimono's is that there is karoke at night. So - you could make a complete fool of yourself.

I must have read All Ears' sell out dates wrong because I thought there was still room on the 17th and I just decided today that it would have been a fun way to celebrate my birthday. But the CM said it was sold out for the 17th and there aren't any other dates on our trip that will work. You'll just have to take some pictures and let the rest of know how it was when we see you on the 20th. :goodvibes

As for making a fool of myself... why I don't need karaoke for that! I do just fine without any kind of theme music or accessories. :rotfl2:

Jennifer, I'm going to fix your cuban black beans for dinner tonight!:thumbsup2 I have the ropa vieja cooking now! With the beans & rice, maybe a little cabbage salad we should have a yummy dinner!! Thanks for the recipe, I'll let you know how it comes out!! (I'm sure it wouldn't come close to anything your Mom cooks though!)

Jennifer, I'm going to fix your cuban black beans for dinner tonight!:thumbsup2 I have the ropa vieja cooking now! With the beans & rice, maybe a little cabbage salad we should have a yummy dinner!! Thanks for the recipe, I'll let you know how it comes out!! (I'm sure it wouldn't come close to anything your Mom cooks though!)

oooh, let me know how it goes?!! Don't forget the cumin!! I know it's a personal taste thing but they realy make the beans so ethnic tasting, lol. That's the best way I can describe it! Enjoy them!!

I'm crashing this thread to say, hmm, Make Your Own Sushi Meet on 10/15
at Kimono's? I'm down with that. :goodvibes If they won't let us have a
pairing, then we'll toss some anarchy into the mix. Woot! :banana:

oooh, let me know how it goes?!! Don't forget the cumin!! I know it's a personal taste thing but they realy make the beans so ethnic tasting, lol. That's the best way I can describe it! Enjoy them!!

I didn't forget it! Cumin is a regular staple in our house! I also used Mexican oregano, which I figured is closer to the original stuff, I hope! It was yummy! I took pics but the camera card wasn't in the camera, so I'll have to figure out how to move them now! Anyway, the beans were delicious and so much easier than that other recipe I tried!!!! Thanks again! :goodvibes

Going off the other F&W Thread

Doubt I would actually wear a shirt with that though.

On the Shirt forum a few years ago they had the 3D Mickey Heads with some awesome F&W shirts - but I'm like you Yearbook, I'm not sure I'd wear a tshirt - but I sure loved Rattatouie...

On the Shirt forum a few years ago they had the 3D Mickey Heads with some awesome F&W shirts - but I'm like you Yearbook, I'm not sure I'd wear a tshirt - but I sure loved Rattatouie...

I made that graphic so I would have to order the shirt :p

Sheryl,

I'm so glad the beans were good! The can really makes them super easy. Funny thing is, my grandmother will make them from dry beans and I still prefer the can.

Sheryl,

I'm so glad the beans were good! The can really makes them super easy. Funny thing is, my grandmother will make them from dry beans and I still prefer the can.

:offtopic: Sorry to take everyone a bit OT here.

Jennifer, Here is a pic of the whole meal. The pic didn't come out too well, but the dinner was yummy. It's ropa vieja with Your Beans & saffron rice. We had an avocado onion tomato salad on the side with a cuban dressing I found online & of course we need a cocktail to go with it, so in sticking with the theme we had Mojito's! Yummy! Thanks again!:thanks:

100_1546.jpg

:offtopic: Sorry to take everyone a bit OT here.

Jennifer, Here is a pic of the whole meal. The pic didn't come out too well, but the dinner was yummy. It's ropa vieja with Your Beans & saffron rice. We had an avocado onion tomato salad on the side with a cuban dressing I found online & of course we need a cocktail to go with it, so in sticking with the theme we had Mojito's! Yummy! Thanks again!:thanks:

100_1546.jpg
Mmmm, that looks so yummy. We have an avocado and red onion salad with it too. We dress it with balsamic and olive oil, salt and pepper. We usually eat the beans with white rice and a pechuga a la plancha (flattened chicken breast) that's seasoned with our house seasoning and then pan fried. Then we use the oil and drippings in the pan to flash fry diced white onions and then add fresh parsley to it as a topping. It's so yummy!

Mmmm, that looks so yummy. We have an avocado and red onion salad with it too. We dress it with balsamic and olive oil, salt and pepper. We usually eat the beans with white rice and a pechuga a la plancha (flattened chicken breast) that's seasoned with our house seasoning and then pan fried. Then we use the oil and drippings in the pan to flash fry diced white onions and then add fresh parsley to it as a topping. It's so yummy!

Oh man, I want to come to your house for dinner!!! That sounds wonderful! :goodvibes

I knew the yellow rice wasn't traditional, but after fixing the ropa vieja, I took the easy route with a packaged rice! The dressing was olive oil, vinegar, lemon, & chopped garlic.

Sheryl,
That looks really good.

Thanks! I love the graphic with your quote! :goodvibes It's cute! Don't know yet if I'd wear it on a t-shirt either though! Well on vacation & drinking lots of wine, well yes I would wear it!:laughing:

Oh man, I want to come to your house for dinner!!! That sounds wonderful! :goodvibes

I knew the yellow rice wasn't traditional, but after fixing the ropa vieja, I took the easy route with a packaged rice! The dressing was olive oil, vinegar, lemon, & chopped garlic.

We by huge packs of boneless chicken breast to flatten, season, wrap and freeze them up so we always have a meal that can be ready in 7 minutes flat. If yu open my freezer right now there's the flattened chicken, some black beans and always pork chops. So easy to make ina rush.

Well if you're ever in the area and I've got some pechuga and frijoles negros cooking you're invited!:banana: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter