Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

Greek Wines - We did a signature dinner in '05. I just pulled out our menu. We really enjoyed the wines with our dining experience, but we never looked for the wines when we were home. I look forward to trying them again in a more casual environment. If anyone wants to know about the wines served, just let me know.

BTW, I love the Fairy Tale Cuvee. When you all mentioned it, I pulled our bottle out of the wine cooler, just to have a look.:love:

Krissalee, I have found that it's not so great to head to F&W & then come home and find the wines, foods, etc. that we had there. It sort of zaps all of the fun out of it! There is just less to look forward to when prepping for the trip. The been there, done that syndrome! We are really bad with that! There are several wines we went looking for after F&W or previous trips that are now regulars in our house. Several Australian wines, Penfolds & Wynns we keep in stock. Also the Italian Banfi, Rosa Regale AND anything we can find from Pierre Sparr.

But I'm not at all familiar with Greek Wines, so if you can give us some comments & tips on it, I'd love to hear it!

Its ok...I am the baby of the bunch.

Yep, believe me, there is certainly nothing wrong with that!!!! In fact, I really impressed with you & Jennifer! You are both so knowledgeable about all of this F&W stuff that has taken me many years to acquire interest & a taste for!!! :thumbsup2

Krissalee, I have found that it's not so great to head to F&W & then come home and find the wines, foods, etc. that we had there. It sort of zaps all of the fun out of it! There is just less to look forward to when prepping for the trip. The been there, done that syndrome! We are really bad with that! There are several wines we went looking for after F&W or previous trips that are now regulars in our house. Several Australian wines, Penfolds & Wynns we keep in stock. Also the Italian Banfi, Rosa Regale AND anything we can find from Pierre Sparr.

But I'm not at all familiar with Greek Wines, so if you can give us some comments & tips on it, I'd love to hear it!

I have to agree about zapping the fun out of it. I save all my menus, business cards, etc., but when we get home we just remember the experience. We have intentions of going to our local wine store to find a bottle or two, but it never happens, unless we found something we really like. And then, a year later, I am throwing out all the cards (but keep the menus). Plus, I have bought a few of the recipe books of the F&W Fest, but I never made a single dish.:rolleyes1

The Greek wines, I can give the names from the menus, but I really don't remember them in too much detail. I think Greece is really trying to promote their wines, but while browsing at my local store, have never seen any of them on the shelves.

I have to agree about zapping the fun out of it. I save all my menus, business cards, etc., but when we get home we just remember the experience. We have intentions of going to our local wine store to find a bottle or two, but it never happens, unless we found something we really like. And then, a year later, I am throwing out all the cards (but keep the menus). Plus, I have bought a few of the recipe books of the F&W Fest, but I never made a single dish.:rolleyes1

The Greek wines, I can give the names from the menus, but I really don't remember them in too much detail. I think Greece is really trying to promote their wines, but while browsing at my local store, have never seen any of them on the shelves.

I have to say I'm pretty bad with trying to duplicate the foods too. :sad2: I went on a hunt to try an replicate the Irish Lamb stew we had last year & that Maple Glazed Salmon & Chimichurri Sauce. Luckily they still all taste better when eaten in DisneyWorld! :laughing:

On the Greek wines, are they mostly dry wines or sweet? Mostly whites right?

Yep, believe me, there is certainly nothing wrong with that!!!! In fact, I really impressed with you & Jennifer! You are both so knowledgeable about all of this F&W stuff that has taken me many years to acquire interest & a taste for!!! :thumbsup2
Aww shucks!! Thanks! My mom would love to hear that! I just found that I really enjoy learning about the different wines and foods and how they all work with each other. Last year I did the Inbev Beer tasting and it was great, I really don't care for beer but this made me realize I really like Bass Ale and when I see different bers made like Bass Ale I know automatically that I'll like them. To me the knowledge you acquire at these things is the best part!i

Thanks!

I'm really happy that I had parents that exposed me to different cuisines and wines growing up. Although I know its a touchy subject on the Disboards, I went to V&A, Wine Celler (Beckie's prolly been there), Mortons and other such restaurants at an young age and I really think it helped develop a nice pallet. Kids don't learn how to behave in these settings unless they are exposed to them. My mother used to give me (watered down) wine too to show me pairings.

I'm really looking forward to the Dominican Republic food booth. I live in a very high hispanic population but that is one food style I have never had. We have all sorts of Nicaraguan, Cuban, Colombian, Puerto Rican (my personal fave, the PR booth 2 years ago did not do it justice!) and more but no Dominican food!

Thanks!

I'm really happy that I had parents that exposed me to different cuisines and wines growing up. Although I know its a touchy subject on the Disboards, I went to V&A, Wine Celler (Beckie's prolly been there), Mortons and other such restaurants at an young age and I really think it helped develop a nice pallet. Kids don't learn how to behave in these settings unless they are exposed to them. My mother used to give me (watered down) wine too to show me pairings.

I understand being ticked off at other guests in restaurants with horribly behaved children. But, that is why they need to be taught proper behavior at home & taken out to dinner in gradual steps. I provide part time day care for my 4 year old niece & have taken her to some "fine" dining places here in New Orleans & she was great! Which also allowed us some nicer dining when her & her parents joined us on our last Disney trip! At home, I like to cook a lot of different ethnic foods & I always try to get her to at least try the dish, even if she won't eat all of it, it has to help. I hope! Unfortunately, for my DD 25, we had not acquired some of the tastes (nor the budget) that we now have. So her exposure to finer dining was limited to her teen years. Although we always took her out & expected proper behavior while dining anywhere.

I'm really looking forward to the Dominican Republic food booth. I live in a very high hispanic population but that is one food style I have never had. We have all sorts of Nicaraguan, Cuban, Colombian, Puerto Rican (my personal fave, the PR booth 2 years ago did not do it justice!) and more but no Dominican food!

Aww shucks!! Thanks! My mom would love to hear that! I just found that I really enjoy learning about the different wines and foods and how they all work with each other. Last year I did the Inbev Beer tasting and it was great, I really don't care for beer but this made me realize I really like Bass Ale and when I see different bers made like Bass Ale I know automatically that I'll like them. To me the knowledge you acquire at these things is the best part!i

Well tell your Mom she has done a great job! It's not an easy job with all kids, some really get set in eating & drinking the same darn thing day in & out! Beer was easy for me, lots of beer drinkers in our family! And even though my favorite wines are now strong bold reds, it took years before I even liked red wine.

Dominican Republic we'll be a new one for us too! We have a pretty large hispanic population here in New Orleans, mostly Cuban, Mexican and Central American. One of our fav local places is Salvadoran, delicious Pupusas! So food samples at the culinary demo would be nice!;) We've stopped in Jamaica on a cruise, but I don't think eating at Margaritaville can qualify as a true Caribbean culinary experience! :laughing:

This was posted on another thread by PatriciaH!!! "Insider" info from a friend of hers!

International Marketplaces
Sample the splendid authentic flavors of more than 25
countries and regions as you take a tasty trip around
World Showcase. Tempt yourself at each marketplace
with beverages and appetizer-sized portions averaging
from $2.00 -$4.00.
The following countries will be featured:

Argentina
Food Offerings: Spicy Beef Empanada, Grilled Beef with
Chimichurri Sauce, Dulce de Leche
Beverage Offerings: Bodega Norton Reserva Cabernet
Sauvignon, Bodega Norton Reserva Malbec ,
Bodega Norton Torrontes, Bodega Norton Chardonnay

Mexico
Food Offerings: Chilaquiles, Quesadilla con Chorizo
Beverage Offerings: Wine L.A. Cetto Chardonnay, Wine
L.A. Cetto Petite Sirah, Dos Equis Beer, Conga Juice

Chile
Food Offerings: Shrimp con Pebre Salsa, Tomaticán with
Manchego Cheese, Mango and Strawberry Fruit Salad with
Cilantro
Beverage Offerings: Santa Rita Reserva Chardonnay,
Montes Cabernet-Carménère, Montes Leyda Vineyard
Sauvignon Blanc , Santa Rita Reserva Cabernet
Sauvignon

Dominican Republic
Food Offerings: Habichuelas Rojas Guisadas (Baked Red
Beans and Ham Stew), Pastelon de Platanos Amarillos
(Ripe Plaintain and Vegetable Casserole topped with
Avocado Chunks), Coconut Flan
Beverage Offerings: Presidente Beer, Presidente Light
Beer

China
Food Offerings: Chicken Sha Cha, Pork Pot Stickers,
Caramel Ginger Ice Cream
Beverage Offerings: Dragon’s Hollow Chardonnay,
Tsingtao Pure Draft Beer, Tsingtao Beer & Green Tea
Plum Wine Cooler

South Africa
Food Offerings: Durban Spiced Chicken on a Skewer,
Bobotie with Mango Chutney, Spice Cake with Marinated
Fruit
Beverage Offerings: Goat Door Chardonnay, Fairview
Sauvignon Blanc (New), Goats do Roam Red, Bored Doe
(Bordeaux Red Blend)

--
Australia
Food Offerings: Shrimp on the Barbie, Grilled Lamb
Chop with Caramelized Onions, Macadamia Nut and
Chocolate Bar
Beverage Offerings: Rosemount Traminer Riesling,
Benjamin Tawny Port, Foster’s Lager, Wolf Blass
President’s Select Shiraz, Penfolds Koonunga Hill
Shiraz- Cabernet

Germany
Food Offerings: Spaetzle with Creamy Mushroom Ragoût,
Debriziner Sausage with Sauerkraut in a Pretzel Roll,
Apple Strudel
Beverage Offerings: S.A. Prüm Blue Slate Riesling
Kabinett, S.A. Prüm Essence Riesling, S.A. Prüm
Riesling Spätlese, Schloss Reinhartshausen Riesling,
Beck’s

Italy
Food Offerings: Insalata Caprese Salad (Mozzarella and
Tomato Salad), Lasagna Al Forno, Pizza, Zuppa Inglese
(Rum Cake with Vanilla Cream and Candied Fruit)
Beverage Offerings: Sant’Elena Pinot Grigio, Cecchi
Chianti Classico, Braida Moscato di Asti, Peroni Beer,
Lemonata Soda

Champagne
Food Offerings: Duo of Chocolate Truffles
Beverage Offerings: Moët & Chandon Wines, White Star,
Rosé Impérial, Nectar Impérial, Nectar Impérial Rosé

Hops & Barley Market
Food Offerings: New England Crab Cake with
Barley-Lentil Salad, Samuel Adams Boston Lager Glazed
Chicken Drum
Beverage Offerings: Samuel Adams Beers: Black Lager,
Boston Lager, Light, Boston Ale, Cream Stout, Cherry
Wheat, Pale Ale, Honey Porter, Octoberfest, 12th Year
Anniversary Festival Beer

USA
Food Offerings: Maine Lobster Roll, BBQ Pork Rib with
Cole Slaw, Strawberry Shortcake
Beverage Offerings: Dr. Konstantin Frank Riesling,
Beaulieu Vineyard Napa Cabernet Sauvignon, Palmer
Chardonnay, Sterling Napa Merlot

Oklahoma/ Native American
Food Offerings: TBD
Beverage Offerings: TBD

Japan
Food Offerings: Spicy Tuna Roll, California Sushi
Roll, Crispy Sukiyaki Beef Roll, Vegetable Roll
Beverage Offerings: Takara Plum Wine, Ozeki Dry Sake,
Kirin Ichiban Draft Beer, Bonki Sake

India
Food Offerings: Curried Butternut Squash Soup with
Paratha Bread, Samosa with Tamarind Sauce, Coconut
Indian Rice Pudding
Beverage Offerings: Grover Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc,
Sula Chenin Blanc, Grover Vineyards Cabernet-Shiraz

Morocco
Food Offerings: Kefta (Beef Pocket), Bastilla (Chicken
Pie), Walnut Baklava
Beverage Offerings: Guerrouane Red, Bodegas Pinord
Moscatel, Casa Beer, Zambra Sangria, Mint Iced Tea

Spain
Food Offerings: Taste of Spain: Almonds, Olives,
Chorizo, Papas con Chorizo (Potatoes and Spicy
Sausage)
Spicy Calamari Stew with Saffron Rice
Beverage Offerings: Don Olegario Albariño , Abadiá
Retuerta Selección Especial, Bodegas Julián Chivite
Gran Feudo Rosé, Abadiá Retuerta Rivola

--
Turkey
Food Offerings: Meze (Eggplant Purée, Bostana and
Turkish Black Olives with Pita Bread), Manti with
Yogurt Sauce, Authentic Pistachio Baklava from Turkey
Beverage Offerings: Kavaklidere® Selection Kirmizi
Red, Kavaklidere® Selection Beyaz White, Kavaklidere®
Çankaya White, Kavaklidere® Yakut Red, Efes Pilsen
Beer

France
Food Offerings: Escargot Persillade en Brioche, Quiche
au Fromage de Chevre), Coupe de Sorbets Champagne,
Framboise & Chocolat Blanc
Beverage Offerings: Hobnob Chardonnay, Château
Haut-Mondain, Bordeaux Rouge, Sparkling Pomegranate
Kir, Bernard Sparr Extrem Riesling, Red Cognac and
Cranberry Cocktail
Great Beers of the World
Food Offerings: Pretzel and Pita Chips
Beverage Offerings: Hoegaarden®, Stella Artois, Leffe
Blonde, Bass Ale, Boddingtons Ale

Ireland
Food Offerings: TBD Chilled Potato Leek Soup with an
Irish Cheddar Cheese Stick, Boxty with Bacon Chips and
Kerrygold® Garlic and Fresh Herb Butter, Irish Cheese
Plate and Brown Bread with Apple Chutney and
Kerrygold® Irish Butter
Beverage Offerings: Guinness® Draught , Bunratty Meade
Honey Wine, Frozen Irish Coffee

Poland
Food Offerings: Cabbage Roll with Spiced Beef,
Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies, Paczki
Beverage Offerings: Okocim Beer, Cline Ancient Vines
Zinfandel, Kasztelanski Honey Wine, Nalewka Babuni
Raspberry Wine

Canada
Food Offerings: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup, Maple
Glazed Salmon with Roasted Corn and Arugula, Maple
Custard topped with Almond Crumble
Beverage Offerings: Mission Hill SLC Chardonnay,
Mission Hill Reserve Riesling Icewine, Mission Hill
SLC Merlot (New)
Labatt Blue

Greece
Food Offerings: Greek Salad, Spanakopita, Karydopita
(Coffee and Walnut Cake)
Beverage Offerings: Boutari Moschofilero, Boutari
Naoussa, Tsantali Rapsani, Creta Olympias Xerolithia

New Zealand
Food Offerings: Marinated Seafood Salad, Lamb Slider,
Kiwi and Custard Roll
Beverage Offerings: Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, Villa
Maria Cabernet Sauvignon–Merlot , Villa Maria
Chardonnay , Villa Maria Pinot Noir

Peru
Food Offerings: Shrimp Escabeche, Aroz con Pato (Duck
with Cilantro Rice), Lúcuma Mousse with an Alfajores
Cookie
Beverage Offerings: Tabernero Gran Rosé, Tacama Gran
Tinto, Tabernero Cabernet Sauvignon, Tabernero Borgoña

Hrm.....is it me, or is it shockingly similar to last year? Maybe it's just that the main things that stuck out at me were all the same.

No Creme Brulee? I might have to die :scared1:

This did make me chuckle though:

Champagne
Food Offerings: Duo of Chocolate Truffles
Beverage Offerings: Moët & Chandon Wines, White Star,
Rosé Impérial, Nectar Impérial, Nectar Impérial Rosé

Last year it was advertised as a trio.....so it makes me wonder if I will get a box with only one truffle this year :rolleyes1

Still, some good sounding things! It looks like there will be plenty of new things for this vegetarian to try out this year - wheee!

Hrm.....is it me, or is it shockingly similar to last year? Maybe it's just that the main things that stuck out at me were all the same.

No Creme Brulee? I might have to die :scared1:

This did make me chuckle though:

Last year it was advertised as a trio.....so it makes me wonder if I will get a box with only one truffle this year :rolleyes1

Still, some good sounding things! It looks like there will be plenty of new things for this vegetarian to try out this year - wheee!

Since this is only our 2nd year, I don't know how much it usually changes from year to year? Anyone? It seems very similar to me & yet some of the things I was hoping for, are gone, and some that they could have done away with are still there!? ;)

I noticed that with the truffles too!! :lmao: So next year I'm sure it'll be down to one truffle!

Since this is a post from someone else, I can't verify any of this info one way or the other, so this may all be erroneous info!?

popping in quickly while I should be working... there do seem to be a lot of repeats from last year. I've noticed that a lot over the last five years or so... the food booth choices really don't change as much as I thought they would.

But it does sound like there will still be some yummy snackables.

I'm with Erica... Hey France, what happened to the creme brulee? If you're looking for a constant menu item to offer F&W patrons from year-to-year I'd suggest that as opposed to snails bathing in butter sauce or wrapped in a pastry blankie. ;)

I'm with Erica... Hey France, what happened to the creme brulee? If you're looking for a constant menu item to offer F&W patrons from year-to-year I'd suggest that as opposed to snails bathing in butter sauce or wrapped in a pastry blankie. ;)

Agreed!

I'm happy to see one of the wines I drank in South Africa is being offered Fairview Sauvignon Blanc (New)

As I'm going through the list and making it more readable in a word file to send out to my mother and father I noticed the sub for the creme is Coupe de Sorbets Champagne which seems really exciting. I'm glad I have 4 days in Epcot this next trip or else I wouldn't be able to try all this without being rolled out!

Since this is only our 2nd year, I don't know how much it usually changes from year to year? Anyone? It seems very similar to me & yet some of the things I was hoping for, are gone, and some that they could have done away with are still there!? ;)

I noticed that with the truffles too!! :lmao: So next year I'm sure it'll be down to one truffle!

Since this is a post from someone else, I can't verify any of this info one way or the other, so this may all be erroneous info!?

In 2009 they will have a paper plate with a truffle printed on it.

Sorry, I invade all the food and wine threads.

So did you finally decide to join us in the 20th?

I have three dates to choose from.

I will do two of the parties this year, I did three last year and it was one too many. One will be November 3.

My mother's along on Oct 6 but she wanted a wine school. Now we are thinking wine school and P4TS in one day is too much.

So she is deciding whether to come back on the 20th and do the party then. If she can't I will choose between the 20th and September 29.

But I'll be in town, I do have the "Eating Nemo" Living Seas sig dinner on the 21st.

But I'll be in town, I do have the "Eating Nemo" Living Seas sig dinner on the 21st.
Awww...don't eat Nemo...he's too cute.
I'll eat his friends though (or at least I hope I have fish at my Living Seas Food and Wine Pairing)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter