Parking lot trams returning???

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
What the Mickey Mouse is going on with this?!?! I just read they are still not running. I saw an article in Aug 2021 that they were hiring CMs to drive trams….seriously, what the heck???? :eek:

Chapek ran the numbers and consulted his spreadsheets and determined not only would it erase a few dollars from his millions to have people operate the the trams, but less people would pay extra for Preferred Parking. He debated offering the Magic Gate Parking Pass+ tram experience, but the Genie instructed him otherwise.

There was a sign in the Magic Kingdom parking lot letting you know the walk from your spot to the TTC is five minutes yesterday.

I don't know if they had that already to let the people who didn't want to take the tram know or if that's new, but I'm a little surprised they outright let you know. It's not like it's actually helpful, unless someone is literally on the verge of passing out and turns around to get a water bottle before the trek or something?

Last edited:
What's the huge risk in bringing them back even with a 3rd wave? They knew they weren't going to close again (WDW anyway).
this one blows my mind honestly if they're still using this as the excuse.

these are open air cars, if they're that concerned about covid on these, then close every other row or every third row.

This is just a money thing for Disney. Honestly it was one of the things that stuck out in June for us. Walking from the car to the gate was a little under a mile in the fl heat at AK...and then having to walk around the premium parking.

For what they're charging to get in their parks and what they charge to park your car, disney should be ashamed of themselves for this.

this one blows my mind honestly if they're still using this as the excuse.

these are open air cars, if they're that concerned about covid on these, then close every other row or every third row.

This is just a money thing for Disney. Honestly it was one of the things that stuck out in June for us. Walking from the car to the gate was a little under a mile in the fl heat at AK...and then having to walk around the premium parking.

For what they're charging to get in their parks and what they charge to park your car, disney should be ashamed of themselves for this.
100% agree and we never drive to the parks.

We stay offsite and always drive. I have a bad foot but don’t want to get a scooter or anything. I feel like the trek back to the car at the end of the day is gonna do me in. No way in heck will I pay $50 to park. I am blindly hoping it comes back imminently, but I know that’s just wishful thinking.

this very well may be our last trip anyways.

I had posted about this on the WDWinfo site too.

While the trams (at least at WDW) operate all on private property, I am only guessing here, they probably do not need any license at all. Even when I have seen them moving trams from park to park, it is always going to be on "Disney Roads". They are never leaving the property.

My wife is a school bus driver. I know that to operate a bus, you need a CDL, and you need a "P" (passenger) endorsement. To operate a school bus, you also need an "S" (school) endorsement. To operate an articulated bus (basically anything with a joint that combines separate vehicles/trailers), you need a Class B CDL.

While it is true that these are all on private property, from a liability point of view, I am thinking that if there was an accident (imagine someone getting hit by the tram), that Disney would probably prefer to show their drivers had the "Proper Training"...

I could see the lawsuits now. Not that they wouldn't happen anyway, but imagine the headline "Unlicensed Disney Tram Operator to Blame in Crash that Injured..."

We stay offsite and always drive. I have a bad foot but don’t want to get a scooter or anything. I feel like the trek back to the car at the end of the day is gonna do me in. No way in heck will I pay $50 to park. I am blindly hoping it comes back imminently, but I know that’s just wishful thinking.

this very well may be our last trip anyways.
I think it's gone for good. It brings in no revenue, it costs money, and Disney has learned that people will still come without trams. Why pay to staff them?

Bet they have no issue staffing the booth to collect your $25 parking fee. Priorities and all you know.

Next you'll have to swim the lagoon as they no longer provide a ferry across it (unless of course you buy a super duper dry ferry pass whose price fluctuates depending on how busy it is) and the monorail will require a boarding pass for $15 a person per day with limited number of passes so you need to get up at 6AM to make sure you get one.

Enjoy your magic.

There was a sign in the Magic Kingdom parking lot letting you know the walk from your spot to the TTC is five minutes yesterday.

I don't know if they had that already to let the people who didn't want to take the tram know or if that's new, but I'm a little surprised they outright let you know. It's not like it's actually helpful, unless someone is literally on the verge of passing out and turns around to get a water bottle before the trek or something?

At Disneyland, they taunt you with signs at the BEGINNING of the 2/3 mile trek that say "Just a few more steps to go!"

Filthy liars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter