Parking lot trams returning???

It sounds like it was ok last year when there weren’t that many cars in the lots, but it seems totally bonkers now to not offer them!!
its not only that..but when not offering the trams, they still offer premium parking. Do you know how mad we were to walk around the premimum parking lot that was nearly 90% empty to get to the ticket booth at AK?

it was infuriating.

Bet they have no issue staffing the booth to collect your $25 parking fee. Priorities and all you know.

Next you'll have to swim the lagoon as they no longer provide a ferry across it (unless of course you buy a super duper dry ferry pass whose price fluctuates depending on how busy it is) and the monorail will require a boarding pass for $15 a person per day with limited number of passes so you need to get up at 6AM to make sure you get one.

Enjoy your magic.

Don't be silly.... Disney has been thinking ahead and finishing up the long planned walkway around (enough to connect TTC to MK anyway) the Seven Seas Lagoon.... no need to swim. And it's only a 30 Minute hike along a scenic path.

Monorail and Boats will still be used for the Deluxe Resort Guest (who will be charged even more), or guest willing to add premium transportation to their stay.

In the end we had already stopped using TRAM as DHS, Epcot... AK just depended on where we were parked. But MK really needs to offer the TRAMS, we road the Swan buss to TTC back a few months ago and folks walking from the parking lot already looked beat.

Don't be silly.... Disney has been thinking ahead and finishing up the long planned walkway around (enough to connect TTC to MK anyway) the Seven Seas Lagoon.... no need to swim. And it's only a 30 Minute hike along a scenic path.

Monorail and Boats will still be used for the Deluxe Resort Guest (who will be charged even more), or guest willing to add premium transportation to their stay.

In the end we had already stopped using TRAM as DHS, Epcot... AK just depended on where we were parked. But MK really needs to offer the TRAMS, we road the Swan buss to TTC back a few months ago and folks walking from the parking lot already looked beat.

Hmm. Starting to wonder if it will be a shorter walk to park at EPCOT and take the monorail to MK.

Y'all, I sincerely hope that you are sending this feedback to Disney: WDW.GUEST.COMMUNICATIONS@DISNEYWORLD.COM
It might not do much, but it's better than nothing.

There are literally articles being written about this in local news publications (legit ones). The company KNOWS people hate not having trams. When asked what's going on, Disney's answer is "no comment."

They legitimately don't care how people feel about it or they would address the issue directly and publicly.

I spent 12+ hours at MK yesterday. Went through an ungodly herding process to get to and on the ferry boats. Got back to the TTC and faced a nice little hike back to my car. As I’m exiting the parking lot I look to my right and there are all those trams parked. I really would love to know the reason they are not being used. It can’t be Covid concerns.

I think the Covid concerns are not that they will cause people to get sick, but rather that the park will not be at full capacity. If the park isn’t at full capacity then the cost/person to run the tram increases, and they don’t want to risk getting jammed up with a long term higher tram cost/person. I don’t think we will see trams at all the parks until they are at 100% & hotels are all open and booked up 6mo in advance, which probably can’t happen until international travel stabilizes. nobody in his/her right mind would place that bet for the next 4 months, after what happened this summer. But hopefully they will at least bring it back for magic kingdom-that’s just ridiculous at MK.

I think the Covid concerns are not that they will cause people to get sick, but rather that the park will not be at full capacity. If the park isn’t at full capacity then the cost/person to run the tram increases, and they don’t want to risk getting jammed up with a long term higher tram cost/person. I don’t think we will see trams at all the parks until they are at 100% & hotels are all open and booked up 6mo in advance, which probably can’t happen until international travel stabilizes. nobody in his/her right mind would place that bet for the next 4 months, after what happened this summer. But hopefully they will at least bring it back for magic kingdom-that’s just ridiculous at MK.

Pre covid they ran the parking lot trams on days when there was low attendance. Parks not being at capacity is no excuse.

I sent my email to Disney but I am sure it will be lost like all my other emails I have sent as of late.

Pre covid they ran the parking lot trams on days when there was low attendance. Parks not being at capacity is no excuse.

I sent my email to Disney but I am sure it will be lost like all my other emails I have sent as of late.
I agree that they ran it on days with low attendance. This isn’t an issue of days, but of months and in the worst case years. Disney would not be calculating this based on the cost each day per person, but the cost per year per person (at a minimum-given time to hire and train staff perhaps more like projected costs over five years). Having come back from shut down obviously people need time to plan. For a Disney trip, and in the current uncertain climate major investment in immediate services would be seen as risky. I agree that they should do it for the customer experience anyway, but it will certainly run the risk of a much higher cost per person than ever before. It is even possible they hire and train a bunch or tram drivers over the next month only to have to lay them off in November if another surge happens and attendance gets slammed. I would be commiserate if wages were higher, but unless Disney is paying more than 4x minimum wage I think it’s a ridiculous way to save money.

I agree that they ran it on days with low attendance. This isn’t an issue of days, but of months and in the worst case years. Disney would not be calculating this based on the cost each day per person, but the cost per year per person (at a minimum-given time to hire and train staff perhaps more like projected costs over five years). Having come back from shut down obviously people need time to plan. For a Disney trip, and in the current uncertain climate major investment in immediate services would be seen as risky. I agree that they should do it for the customer experience anyway, but it will certainly run the risk of a much higher cost per person than ever before.
It feels like they are mainly catering to first time people. What they are failing to realize is that all of the little extras (which they have taken away or or al a carte pricing) is what made people want to come back….

I really would love to know the reason they are not being used. It can’t be Covid concerns.
They haven't figured out how to charge more for tram rides yet or don't think people are quite ready to pay for that just yet. Don't want to overwhelm everyone with all the nickel and diming all at once. Trams cost money to operate and generate no revenue, therefore are shelved. Once they figure out how much they can charge and how exactly to do it, trams will once again be running.

Disney probably never brought the person who answers complaint emails back from layoff. All of a sudden guest satisfaction has soared just like Dumbo! :dumbo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter