Parking at the Poly!!!!

Im getting a little concerned. We will have 2 vehicles on our one room. One of them being a motorhome. I have called several times and the CMs keep assuring me it won't be a problem. I have only called the main reservation number. SHould we call Poly direct?

When we were there (late July), the lot always seemed full or nearly full, we drove around on several days and saw no parking spots available and just drove around until we spotted people leaving which ended up wasting a lot of time. Since we were staying at the resort it was kinda ridiculous that it was that hard to find a spot to park, sometimes we'd go out in the mornings and return midday and got a spot without driving around forever, but in the evenings we often weren't that fortunate.

We also have a handicap hang tag but only found an accessible parking spot one day out of our whole trip (12 days), so usually we dropped my mother off at the entrance and then parked the car because she couldn't walk from the parking lot back to our room. I'm not even sure if they like you to do that, but it was the only alternative since the parking was so sparse.

Your handicapped tag could have provided you with free valet parking.

Glad I came across this thread. We are driving down and will be at the Poly.. We have always flown and never rented a car before, so we have never had to worry about parking. Thanks for this info. Good to know.

Im getting a little concerned. We will have 2 vehicles on our one room. One of them being a motorhome. I have called several times and the CMs keep assuring me it won't be a problem. I have only called the main reservation number. SHould we call Poly direct?

You can't call Poly directly, unless you have some sort of unlisted number. The poly "front desk number" actually goes to a call center. Even when you call from your room, you are getting a call center. They will answer as the Poly, but are not actually there.

Disney front desks are just generally too busy. Adding in answering phone calls would make it insane. Especially when you know they would get calls from parents who think it is funny to have the kids call and ask for Mickey...

(and yes this has been verified by CMs on these boards)

If you have trouble finding a parking space, either as a paying guest of that hotel or someone with a reservation, PLEASE talk to someone there! That is the only way things are going to change.

We've never had an issue parking at the Poly. Then again, we've been there mostly off-season and we park our car and leave it. We take the Disney Transportation instead the majority of the time. And the couple times we have moved the car, every time we've come back they've checked to make sure we're guests at that resort.

Since the lot is small, you may be required to park your motorhome somewhere else, like WL or FW.

You're welcome!:thumbsup2
Free valet parking with a handicapped parking permit is not just at WDW. We’ve actually found it at most resorts/hotels that have valet parking.
Because they have large , very busy drop off areas in front of the hotel and don’t usually have a lot of handicapped parking close by, allowing guests with handicapped parking permits to valet park gets them out of the flow of traffic much quicker.
This is safer for the guests with disabilities and also for the drivers.

When I was a police officer that was the only traffic "pet peeve" I had. We would just have the cars parked like that towed. We didn't even bother ticketing them until they were towed.
:thumbsup2
Thank you.
One of my pet peeves is to come out of someplace and not be able to get our ramp down to let DD into the van. There is usually not any safe place, out of traffic for her to wait until I pull out far enough to let the ramp down.
We usually call the police and then go back inside to wait until either the police or the person who parked there come.

If this is the case, does the person offer this to you when you valet or are you supposed to ask? We have valet parked before (at Disney) and were never offered free valet (our hangtag is always in the window), usually it's just been charged on the hotel bill and we've never known that it was complimentary.

Before our trip I saw someone else mention that valet would be complimentary and then I also saw someone say that might just be at the Swan & Dolphin only. So I'm confused on if it's something that is wide spread or not and if it's offered to you or something you must inquire about. :confused3

At the price of valet parking, we don't normally take advantage of it in disney world because it can add up quickly especially on a long trip, however sometimes I think it might just be worth the price and I know for next time we go to WDW we will be prepared to pay the valet charges if necessary since parking can be so crazy.

Thanks for the info though!

:thumbsup2
Thank you.
One of my pet peeves is to come out of someplace and not be able to get our ramp down to let DD into the van. There is usually not any safe place, out of traffic for her to wait until I pull out far enough to let the ramp down.
We usually call the police and then go back inside to wait until either the police or the person who parked there come.

We would also "lose the paperwork" for an hour or two sometimes if the driverwas really aggravating :)

Not only are hotel guests parking there, but there are also staff people, people who come to check the place out, who come to watch fireworks there (why? I just don't know), eat in the restaurants, see the Poly Luau and the ever popular MK parking lot people.

Valet parking is the easiest way to go. ::yes::

please anyone having this problem, complain to the on duty manager at the Front Desk only complaints will change anything and yes it needs to be addressed.

When we were there (late July), the lot always seemed full or nearly full, we drove around on several days and saw no parking spots available and just drove around until we spotted people leaving which ended up wasting a lot of time. Since we were staying at the resort it was kinda ridiculous that it was that hard to find a spot to park, sometimes we'd go out in the mornings and return midday and got a spot without driving around forever, but in the evenings we often weren't that fortunate.

We also have a handicap hang tag but only found an accessible parking spot one day out of our whole trip (12 days), so usually we dropped my mother off at the entrance and then parked the car because she couldn't walk from the parking lot back to our room. I'm not even sure if they like you to do that, but it was the only alternative since the parking was so sparse.

If you have a handicapped tag you can vale(sp?) for free unless that has reciently changed.

Denise in MI

If this is the case, does the person offer this to you when you valet or are you supposed to ask? We have valet parked before (at Disney) and were never offered free valet (our hangtag is always in the window), usually it's just been charged on the hotel bill and we've never known that it was complimentary.

Before our trip I saw someone else mention that valet would be complimentary and then I also saw someone say that might just be at the Swan & Dolphin only. So I'm confused on if it's something that is wide spread or not and if it's offered to you or something you must inquire about. :confused3

At the price of valet parking, we don't normally take advantage of it in disney world because it can add up quickly especially on a long trip, however sometimes I think it might just be worth the price and I know for next time we go to WDW we will be prepared to pay the valet charges if necessary since parking can be so crazy.

Thanks for the info though!

We've never had to tell valet attendants,but it doesn't hurt to point out your placard. It is free to handicapped cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter