Parking at the Poly!!!!

ricknars

Earning My Ears
Just back from a 10 day stay at the Poly. Hotel was great. Service was great. Only have one complaint. We had our car there and everytime we returned to the hotel weather it was 5:00pm or 10PM we had trouble finding a place to park. Hotel guest should not have to drive around the parking loit for half an hour to find a parking spot. It was so bad a few times that we had to pay for valet parking which as a guest staying there didn't think I should of had to do. Other then that the Poly was really great. Rick:goodvibes

I saw quite a few park employees also parking there and heading over to the TTC. Not sure if they worked at the TTC of hopped the monorail.

I saw quite a few park employees also parking there and heading over to the TTC. Not sure if they worked at the TTC of hopped the monorail.

I have seen quite a few CM's walk to their cars parked in the Poly parking lot in the past. Maybe this was the case during your trip. Because according to many people that post here, cars of people parking at the Poly for park access or other non-guests are towed regularly.

Don't they check documents at the MK parking booths/resort hotel gates anymore???

They do check at the resort hotel guard shack. If it's a packed night with 'Ohana, Kona Cafe and the Luau booked to capacity, and guests park there, I can see how the lot would fill quickly.

The only days in the past 5 years that the guards at the entrance have checked a list for ADRs that I can remember is December 31st,2005 and July 3rd 2010.

We had the same issue at WL a few weeks ago. If we got back after 5, it was hard to find a parking space at all. One evening we got the LAST one.

I guess there are lots of visitors eating at the deluxe resorts. We don't have this issue at the mods as there is ample parking.

Just back from a 10 day stay at the Poly. Hotel was great. Service was great. Only have one complaint. We had our car there and everytime we returned to the hotel weather it was 5:00pm or 10PM we had trouble finding a place to park. Hotel guest should not have to drive around the parking loit for half an hour to find a parking spot. It was so bad a few times that we had to pay for valet parking which as a guest staying there didn't think I should of had to do. Other then that the Poly was really great. Rick:goodvibes

I hope you complained to someone at the Polynesian. You should be able to get a self parking place at the resort you are paying to stay at if self parking is offered. Anyone else should be asked to park at the TTC.

The only days in the past 5 years that the guards at the entrance have checked a list for ADRs that I can remember is December 31st,2005 and July 3rd 2010.

They have checked at the guard gate at Poly each of the last 5 years during xmas week when we have eaten at Kona. Asked for our adr # and DH licencse-we were staying on property and had our resort pass in window, but still had to stop. We have been waved thru at BC gate and were asked why we wanted to park at CR but had no problem parking for meals there either that week..so Poly was the strictest of them.....

Connears

I have never, ever, been able to find an accessible parking spot at the Poly. We have a three day stay booked in early October and I'm dreading the parking situation. I have to park across two spaces to get my wheelchair down the ramp and I'm always afraid someone will hit my van or that it will get towed since it's not parked legally. I don't have a choice though since there are no spaces and my van can't be valet parked as there is no driver's seat.---Kathy

The only solution for this problem is to let non resort guests pay a parking fee.

If not than the actual resorts guest which have paid to stay there pay the fee for valet parking.

When we have stayed at the Poly we have never had this issue. :confused3

That being said, when we are staying elsewhere on property and going to visit the Poly for dinner (sometimes without an ADR....Kona Sushi etc.) we have never been asked for an ADR confirmation number and we have never been given a 3 hour parking pass.

I hope you asked for reimbursement of the valet fee when you made each complaint about parking.

Actually a record of parking complaints is useful for them to make a crowd calendar so the parking guards can decide when to issue 3 hour parking passes.

A van requiring extra space for maneuvering a wheelchair outside should have a sticker in the window explaining that space needs to be kept clear and which sticker will also serve as a valid reason to hog two spaces.

Ideally there would be a tape measure on someone's handicapped van which if pulled out and reached your adjacent car would mean you parked too close, your valid space notwithstanding. Except that vandals would snap off the tape measure and pilfer the Mickey eared globe from the antenna.

I hope you asked for reimbursement of the valet fee when you made each complaint about parking.

Actually a record of parking complaints is useful for them to make a crowd calendar so the parking guards can decide when to issue 3 hour parking passes.

A van requiring extra space for maneuvering a wheelchair outside should have a sticker in the window explaining that space needs to be kept clear and which sticker will also serve as a valid reason to hog two spaces.

Ideally there would be a tape measure on someone's handicapped van which if pulled out and reached your adjacent car would mean you parked too close, your valid space notwithstanding. Except that vandals would snap off the tape measure and pilfer the Mickey eared globe from the antenna.
We used to have a sticker on the window of the side of the van where our ramp came out. There were actually 3 stickers on that side of the van.
No one paid attention to the stickers and more than once we had someone parked right next to us (a couple of times they parked in the cross-hatched access zone located next to our van, so they were parked illegally).

With our last 2 wheelchair vans, the dealers actually recommended not having the stickers put on at all because they are ugly, messy if they start to peel off and no one notices them anyway.

We didn’t have the stickers put on and have had less problem than when we did have the stickers.

No one paid attention to the stickers and more than once we had someone parked right next to us (a couple of times they parked in the cross-hatched access zone located next to our van, so they were parked illegally)..

When I was a police officer that was the only traffic "pet peeve" I had. We would just have the cars parked like that towed. We didn't even bother ticketing them until they were towed.

we were there the 3rd Saturday night in May, so not even a necessarily "busy" time of year (weekend before Memorial Day, so summer not really kicked off yet.) We had a 7:30 reservation at Kona Cafe, and we were approaching the Poly at about 7:00, came to a screeching halt about a block away, because that's how far the turn lane to the POly was backed up. Took 15 minutes to inch our way to the guard kiosk...when we got close enough to see what was going on, we noticed one car after another pulling a u-turn after talking to the guard in the kiosk. When we got up there, he very carefully found our name on the list of reservations...we mentioned the u-turners we'd seen. He said they were turning away everyone without a reservation at the hotel or hotel restaurants because the lots were almost full - and would stay that way until they got the tow trucks in there...said they were on their way. We valet-parked and barely made it to the restaurant podium in time to check in - so yes, they do check. And they do tow.

When we were there (late July), the lot always seemed full or nearly full, we drove around on several days and saw no parking spots available and just drove around until we spotted people leaving which ended up wasting a lot of time. Since we were staying at the resort it was kinda ridiculous that it was that hard to find a spot to park, sometimes we'd go out in the mornings and return midday and got a spot without driving around forever, but in the evenings we often weren't that fortunate.

We also have a handicap hang tag but only found an accessible parking spot one day out of our whole trip (12 days), so usually we dropped my mother off at the entrance and then parked the car because she couldn't walk from the parking lot back to our room. I'm not even sure if they like you to do that, but it was the only alternative since the parking was so sparse.

I have never, ever, been able to find an accessible parking spot at the Poly.

We had this problem as well last time we went and brought my mother who would have benefited from those spots. We just ended up dropping her at the entrance to the resort and went off to park and came to meet her when we actually found a spot. Made me crabby tho. I never see those spots open at the deluxes (that's the only time and place I've had cause to be looking).

Since my local area malls do not charge for valet parking (thank you Lexus), I don't mind paying for valet at Disney. It is a great service and the guys, and ladies themselves are GREAT!

Time is money...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter