Paris building a barrier around the Eiffel Tower

Mickey, nobody is disputing that the overall message that things have changed in Sweden. But that video that your friend showed you is extremely biased, and one sided. It was basically shot in one suburb so that it would fit his narrative. I noticed he didn't go to downtown Stockholm at all, why is that? Well the answer is because it would have seemed totally fine.
So I guess no worries, as long as a visitor (or resident) doesn't want to go into one of these suburbs. OK. I could agree with that. That's not the whole picture, but sure.

Were you responding to me? I didn't post the video. I only said it corroborated things I was hearing from a friend for some time now. Never said it was the whole picture. Go back and take a look at my posts if curious.

Last edited:
Would I believe some random stranger online over actual data like crime statistics? Would I think one person and their opinions represent the thoughts and feeling of an entire country? Come on.
Think whatever you want about Sweden or Germany or Antarctica, just be honest about where you're getting your information. If you have real facts to back up your opinion, you wouldn't need to share a sketchy video.
I didn't share the video. I have no idea where it came from. I go by what I see and experience and what people that I have know and trust for a long time see and experience. Some folks just can't see what's right in from of them, my SO is one of them. I think hers is more out of guilt about how her life has turned out in compared to theirs.

They had the base surrounded by very tall chain-link barrier and then a trailer that held security to pat you down/bag check when I was there in September. I'm pretty sure a aesthetically built barrier would be the better alternative photo wise.

As for the rabbit hole this thread has gone down....why bother.

I said it was an op ed, didn't I? Even said by whom, didn't I? Now you're just being argumentative.

Sweden Democrats have a solid history of facsism and white supremacy. Do you actually think an opinion piece by such people really holds much weight? Do you really think it paints an accurate picture?
If you do, maybe it's time for some serious self reflection.

Sweden Democrats have a solid history of facsism and white supremacy. Do you actually think an opinion piece by such people really holds much weight? Do you really think it paints an accurate picture?
If you do, maybe it's time for some serious self reflection.
It's an OPINION PIECE -- by POLITICIANS. It's a piece of information on how SOME people is Sweden feel.

This is like saying an opinion piece by Democrats or by Republicans in this country should not be read -- is completely irrelevant to any discussion. You can close yourself off that way if you want to. I choose to take in more information.

And forgive me if I don't take your indictment of them as fascist today as a fact. A lot of that being thrown around willy nilly these days. I know where it has it's roots. Some could say Dems/GOP in the US have some roots in slavery or other reprehensible activities and be accurate as well.

I've shared my thoughts and some articles with FACTS and others with OPINIONS. No desire to continue.

It's an OPINION PIECE -- by POLITICIANS. It's a piece of information on how SOME people is Sweden feel.

This is like saying an opinion piece by Democrats or by Republicans in this country should not be read -- is completely irrelevant to any discussion. You can close yourself off that way if you want to. I choose to take in more information.

And forgive me if I don't take your indictment of them as fascist today as a fact. A lot of that being thrown around willy nilly these days. I know where it has it's roots. Some could say Dems/GOP in the US have some roots in slavery or other reprehensible activities and be accurate as well.

I've shared my thoughts and some articles with FACTS and others with OPINIONS. No desire to continue.

It's really not the same as Republicans or Democrats. Besides if I saw an opinion piece by a leader of a party that held a certain view, I would certainly keep that in mind while reading it. It's not going to have much meaning because it'll obviously be highly biased.
As far as Sweden Democrats, their history (recent) is easy to find. I guess it's just weird to me that people don't bother to check out the source before sharing something.
You claim to not know what Sweden Democrats are about so why wouldn't you check before sharing? At the very least you could've easily discovered they are very anti immigration. Obviously leaders of an anti immigration party are going to paint immigration in the worst possible light so yeah their opinion piece is probably very slanted.

It's really not the same as Republicans or Democrats. Besides if I saw an opinion piece by a leader of a party that held a certain view, I would certainly keep that in mind while reading it. It's not going to have much meaning because it'll obviously be highly biased.
As far as Sweden Democrats, their history (recent) is easy to find. I guess it's just weird to me that people don't bother to check out the source before sharing something.
You claim to not know what Sweden Democrats are about so why wouldn't you check before sharing? At the very least you could've easily discovered they are very anti immigration. Obviously leaders of an anti immigration party are going to paint immigration in the worst possible light so yeah their opinion piece is probably very slanted.
Incorrect -- go back and re-read my post, you must have misread: I said clearly that I DID know where their ROOTS were; I do know the source -- in fact, I stated the source in my initial post of the link -- not sure what your issue it. I said that I am not prepared to take your indictment of what they are TODAY at face value.

I forgot to "unwatch" this thread and got notification that there was this response to my last post. I'm now going to REMEMBER to unwatch. I have been clear through all my posts: I posted FACTS, an OP-ED, and some of my opinion here and there -- CLEAR EVERY TIME AS TO WHICH IT WAS -- unlike some others. I'm out now -- exhausted what I have to say! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter