Panama Canal Eastbound Sept. 14, 2013--it'll be WONDER-ful

Linda:

Unless we plan something different while onboard, we will still plan on meeting outside near the signs that denamo has already made.

I would like to meet everyone at some point while onboard.

Candy(disfaninca) and I are in statetoom 5138, so please visit us, or call/message us (stateroom to stateroom or wavephone) while onboard. If we can connect onboard I will be happy to give my cell number to anyone.

Also, I still need to contact "twinrx," if anyone knows how to reach them let me know.

If we have yet planned a meet perhaps some evening in the Promenade Lounge for a drink

Aaaaaand to further complicate things, my husband was rushed to the hospital today and admitted. Since we have a flight at 5pm tomorrow, we have our fingers crossed that tests go well in the morning and they'll release him... Early, since he hasn't packed yet.

I should be surprised. EVERY time we go away, there is always some major drama before hand. One year, when we cruise in January, our pipes froze and burst. I hope that, as it has in the past, our troubles are over before its time to start the trip!

Aaaaaand to further complicate things, my husband was rushed to the hospital today and admitted. Since we have a flight at 5pm tomorrow, we have our fingers crossed that tests go well in the morning and they'll release him... Early, since he hasn't packed yet.

I should be surprised. EVERY time we go away, there is always some major drama before hand. One year, when we cruise in January, our pipes froze and burst. I hope that, as it has in the past, our troubles are over before its time to start the trip!

Hope for the best! Praying for you.

Hoping for early rounds from the doctor and good health findings, the plane is an ambitious goal. Wishing you all the luck !

Oh, my! Upon reading your post, I really did a heavy sigh! Hope nothing too serious for your husband that can't wait to be addressed until after the cruise. After all of the hoop jumping your family has already done, hoping this has a Disney ending. Praying for you all. :flower3:

Shout out of "THANK YOU!" to Twokats (Kathy) for keeping track of the FE exchange, postcard/recipe exchange, and wine tasting lists. Sounds to me like she exemplifies the adage, If you want something done, ask a busy person. For Kathy: pixiedust:

The latest updated FE list is compiled by cabin number. Great help.

AGREED! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

OH NO! So sorry to hear this - hoping and praying it all works out for you.

Linda:

Unless we plan something different while onboard, we will still plan on meeting outside near the signs that denamo has already made.

Candy(disfaninca) and I are in statetoom 5138, so please visit us, or call/message us (stateroom to stateroom or wavephone) while onboard. If we can connect onboard I will be happy to give my cell number to anyone.

Also, I still need to contact "twinrx," if anyone knows how to reach them let me know.

Just an FYI for all who are going on the pre-arranged RanCan Hobby bus. The printed signs are neon orange and read: RanCan Hobby.

Hoping our transport group can, at one point, get together on board.

Great "THANKS" to Randy for scoping out and reserving our Hobby airport transport. I really appreciate it, Randy. Especially putting your credit card on the line prior to getting funds from all of us. KUDOS, dude! :thumbsup2

Just an FYI for all who are going on the pre-arranged RanCan Hobby bus. The printed signs are neon orange and read: RanCan Hobby.

Hoping our transport group can, at one point, get together on board.

Great "THANKS" to Randy for scoping out and reserving our Hobby airport transport. I really appreciate it, Randy. Especially putting your credit card on the line prior to getting funds from all of us. KUDOS, dude! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2::)

Hi, so excited! Glad I found this thanks to MMBL on cruise critic! Bringing my 14 yo niece!! See you soon!

Shout out of "THANK YOU!" to Twokats (Kathy) for keeping track of the FE exchange, postcard/recipe exchange, and wine tasting lists. Sounds to me like she exemplifies the adage, If you want something done, ask a busy person. For Kathy: pixiedust:

Yes! A huge Thank You to Twokats!! I love that you Organized it by deck and stateroom number. That is going to make it so much easier for us. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

I hope all is going well! Thinking of you.

I've read a couple posts from other singles. I'd like to join in the fun. My daughter is going to be busy being a kid so I think I will have plenty of down time. I'm in 6638 and my name is Catherine. I can start a list I names/cabins for those interested. PM me if your a single traveler looking to get together for activities.

sent you a PM.

If we don't plan anything for earlier in the cruise, there's most likely going to be a Singles Lunch offered around 12:30pm in Parrot Cay on the first sea day.

Yes, thanks so much Kathy for all your hard work. The FE list is great, I just wish I was finished with my FEs!!! Just need to work on some stuff for the kids tonight, and pack, and clean the house... LEAVING TOMORROW!!!

I hope the reason we haven't heard anything more is that you are too busy catching your flight, going to DL, etc...

sent you a PM.

If we don't plan anything for earlier in the cruise, there's most likely going to be a Singles Lunch offered around 12:30pm in Parrot Cay on the first sea day.

So, I am not technically "single" in that I am traveling with my 2 kids and my mom, but at 80 years old my mom isn't too big on mixology, etc (but she loves trivia!). I was hoping that maybe some of the solo travelers who might be doing mixology (specifically, I hope to snag a spot at the chocolate tasting, the tequila tasting - and whatever else looks good) might want to hang with me for these events, as half the fun is the social aspect!

And on that note, do we have a meet and greet planned on the 15th? I thought I saw discussion of it at one point, but can't find it. If not, do we want to do one?

Finally - anyone else staying at the Embassy Suites and have an 11am PAT and want to share a private van from Prime Time Shuttle

Linda:

I sent you a reply on the PM. I sent you payment back on 18 July and have a PM response from you in the positive and a PayPal receipt. I still need that ride.

bill cabin 2608

During lunch I was watching a live broadcast of Team USA getting their rear ends spanked by Team New Zealand in the America's Cup race on the San Francisco Bay. During the race there were some really awesome shots of the Disney Wonder in the background. They had the best seats in the house.

Here's some pictures of the Wonder in San Francisco from last October.
398473_10151164936980956_1018994337_n.jpg
going under the Golden Gate Bridge

420813_10151165261595956_1285218701_n.jpg
Wonder in Port

IMG_0027.jpg
Sunrise from my Vernada

IMG_0035.jpg
Golden Gate Bridge from the Wonder, Pier 39 in the foreground

IMG_0013.jpg
A native San Franciscan, this is the closest I've ever been to Alcatraz

Just one half day left to get through at work... I've got most stuff packed, fortunately. I fly out tomorrow night and will be at the Sheraton Gateway LAX tomorrow night. I've got a super shuttle pickup scheduled that will probably get me to the port around 10:30-11am.

Gatormom: I'll probably be heading right to guest services upon boarding to book at least a couple of tastings during the cruise. I'm not certain which ones, though. If they offer bloody mary again, I may do that one. If they offer food & wine pairings, I may book one of those.

Did someone say that the group meet on the 15th is actually at 10:30am and is only showing 12:30pm because it's going off a central time zone posting from fb?

During lunch I was watching a live broadcast of Team USA getting their rear ends spanked by Team New Zealand in the America's Cup race on the San Francisco Bay. During the race there were some really awesome shots of the Disney Wonder in the background. They had the best seats in the house.

We were watching as well we hope to see the rest of the races on the ship in the sports place :cool1:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter