Our WILD Fairytale Wedding and Honeymoon Trip! And We're off!!!

Hi! Joining in. :woohoo: Still need to go back and read the other pages.

I was NOT a fan of Space Mountain at Disneyworld. Thankfully, neither is my hubs.

I really like Lights, Motors, Action. It's intersting and entertaining.

This post needs pictures! I want to see the personalized shirt and towel!
I haven't taken any pictures of his stuff yet, but they both turned out nice!!

I love Space Mountain...however, I loved Space Mountain at Disneyland MORE!

Hi :wave:

Just popping over from my PTR, saw yours on your siggy and just had to come and check it out :)

You guys are so cute.
Aww Thanks!!

Your plans sound so exciting, checking into AKL and BWV, not to mention the Poly too. What an awesome wedding and disneymoon this will be :goodvibes

How cool that you will be having a Dessert Party and in the UK Pavillion and a great way to gather together before the big day :) Loving the dessert menu too :goodvibes

How awesome that your reception is in AK Harambe, that pic makes it looks so beautiful, like you are in the boma on Safari :)
Thanks!! We are really excited about the 3 resorts we picked. We stayed at AK for one night on our first trip and just loved it!!

We keep hearing from our guests that they are excited for everything. Hopefully they love the dessert party too!!

Love the Disney Bride and Groom t shirts, esp the Disney Bride one.

I think you should try and convince BM to rent because its not fair to expect you and DF to chauffeur them around, even if you weren't planning a wedding. I am sure that DF would not be disappointed and that he would understand completely.

I am secretly glad that you are going to Teppan, it is a great restaurant with a great atmosphere :thumbsup2

I will post pics of the t-shirts after we make them :)

We are excited for Teppan Edo. We decided to skip Liberty Tree and are going to try Tony's. I know it get's very mixed reviews, but it had a lot of good reviews too so we are open to trying something new. Plus Eric's fav is Chicken Parm!:goodvibes

Just catching up on your thread... a few days away and I was pages behind, haha.

I'm bummed for your DFi about his bachelor party. I'm betting all he wanted was to spend a fun time with friends and he didn't quite get that...
My DFi threw his own party (and did it way back in September so people wouldn't have to travel out here twice just a few weeks apart). His BM was involved in planning, but Ben got the details squared away.

As for your ADRs, I can't give specific advice on which restaurants, but I do think you should try new places (take this with a grain of salt as it is coming from someone who eats at almost the exact same places every trip...)

I can not wait to read about your wedding!

Just catching up on your thread... a few days away and I was pages behind, haha.

I'm bummed for your DFi about his bachelor party. I'm betting all he wanted was to spend a fun time with friends and he didn't quite get that...
My DFi threw his own party (and did it way back in September so people wouldn't have to travel out here twice just a few weeks apart). His BM was involved in planning, but Ben got the details squared away.

As for your ADRs, I can't give specific advice on which restaurants, but I do think you should try new places (take this with a grain of salt as it is coming from someone who eats at almost the exact same places every trip...)

I can not wait to read about your wedding!

I know he's bummed...but I'm hoping my brother can help make up for some it when they get to Florida.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if I posted about my brother, but I'll take a moment to do that. My baby brother (you'll get the joke when you see the picture...) is one of my best friends. We are super close but also have VERY opposite personalities. Did I mention we are Irish and Italian...so we also have nasty tempers:headache: We tend to limit our time together, lol. My brother is a world traveler...at age 27 he is no where near ready to settle down. He's lived in Ireland, Morocco, Australia and S. Korea. He currently lives in Richmond, VA and I miss him like crazy. We aren't sure where he's off to next. Here are some pics from our brother/sister trip in 2007.

Lol, this doll...excuse me, Action Figure looked just like him!
ry%3D400

As a Christmas gift, I gave my brother a little drinking around the world pamphlet along with a ton of Disney Dollars. We made it through more than half the countries before dinner:rotfl2:
ry%3D400

My brother was a participant at Indy!
ry%3D400

My brother is also going to be our officant. He became ordained a few years ago and we are really excited to have him in our wedding.
ry%3D400

And one more just for fun. This is my Mom, myself and my brother dressed up for Pirate Day at our local Renaissance Festival:laughing:
ry%3D400

Hey There, Sweetie,

You have a lovely itinerary cooked up, and it all sounds like it's coming together really nicely! I chuckled about your bouncing back and forth over ADRs- a true DISser you are!! :thumbsup2

The shirts are great!! Very nice choices.

Yay! Another Carousel of Progress fan! My favorite! :thumbsup2

Since I'm on a picture roll I figured I would just continue :)

I don't have any pictures of Eric's parents so I'm going to have to skip them. I love them to death though. They are really great people and have welcomed me into their family with open arms.

Then there are my parents. I have a very different relationship with each of them. My mom is my best friend. We love to travel together, usually to NYC or Disney. Mom LOVES Disney. My mom is adopted and I think one reason we are so close is she sees me and my brother as her only real family (blood related). Oh and did I mention she's totally ready for grand kids?:rotfl:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My dad...my dad is one of the strongest people I know. He's so smart and extremely handy! My dad works at our IT helpdesk...and has never been to college. Completly self taught!!! My dad and also love to travel together but usually it's a bit more adventurous!!!

Here are some pics from our last trip together. We went out West for work (me). Along the way we went to the Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, and southern Cali. We also hit up Las Vegas (where my conference was) but I don't have any pictures...I really didn't like Vegas.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Trip to Yosemite in 08
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My dad is NOT a Disney fan. He's not exactly thrilled to be going to Disney, lol. They arrive late Monday and will probably grab dinner. Tuesday I'm taking him Kayaking, Wednesday is the wedding. Thursday him and my FFIL are going to Bike Week at Daytona and Friday they leave. Short and sweet!!

Next up is my Grammy. I have to gradmother's still living. My maternal grandma helped raise my brother and I. Her and my grandfather lived with us, she still lives with my parents. She is the sweetest, funniest lady you will me. I love her to death. She is 85 but definitely doesn't show it!! My paternal grandmother and I have a bit of strained relationship and for health reasons she won't be traveling to Florida.
IMG_8746.JPG

Hey There, Sweetie,

You have a lovely itinerary cooked up, and it all sounds like it's coming together really nicely! I chuckled about your bouncing back and forth over ADRs- a true DISser you are!! :thumbsup2

The shirts are great!! Very nice choices.

Yay! Another Carousel of Progress fan! My favorite! :thumbsup2

Hi and thanks for reading!!:yay:

We love Carousel of Progres...but Eric's REAL fav is Hall of Presidents. He's a huge American History buff and on our first trip it was closed. It's definitely a must do every trip now!

More pics!!!

Up next...Lauren (JazzyLolo on the Dis). Lauren and I met a few years ago while working at the Picture People. Our location up and closed one day, but Lauren and I stayed friends. I think while helping them plan their honeymoon to Disney is when we realized we all needed to go together!!

We LOVE hanging out with Lauren and her hubby and I'm really sad they are moving to Washington:confused3 We have agreed we'll try to make yearly trips to WDW together though!!

One suprising thing about our last trip is how well Eric and Pat got along...BFF's!!!

Here are some pics of us:goodvibes
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

4936_547585747041_43005382_32623936_6870946_n.jpg

ry%3D400

4936_547586305921_43005382_32623984_6510452_n.jpg

ry%3D400

Ok I could post pictures of that trip all day. I know Eric and I will technically be on our honeymoon but it's inevitable we'll hang out with Lauren and Patrick!:cloud9:

I don't have many pics of Bloomer and his wife, but here are some from our trip to Yankee Stadium last year. We have plans to go again this year:woohoo:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Well thats our group!! We will have about 30 other people joining us as well...many of whom I've never met!!!

Caught up with your report popcorn:: What an exciting time just now for you congratulations. Wedding plans are looking really great. Great choice UK for your dessert party, sounds wonderful and your menu looks yummy my DH would so be in heaven with that. ADRs looking good, I think you made the right choice with trying something new, we like to do that each trip but always go back to our favs. Looking forward to hearing more about your exciting build up to your wedding :yay:

More pics!!!

I don't have many pics of Bloomer and his wife, but here are some from our trip to Yankee Stadium last year. We have plans to go again this year:woohoo:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Well thats our group!! We will have about 30 other people joining us as well...many of whom I've never met!!!

Love thos pics:lovestruc Yankee Stadium is such a great place, I'm lucky enough living less then 2 hours away so I usually go to 4 or 5 games every summer:)

Caught up with your report popcorn:: What an exciting time just now for you congratulations. Wedding plans are looking really great. Great choice UK for your dessert party, sounds wonderful and your menu looks yummy my DH would so be in heaven with that. ADRs looking good, I think you made the right choice with trying something new, we like to do that each trip but always go back to our favs. Looking forward to hearing more about your exciting build up to your wedding :yay:

Hi and thanks for reading!!!:surfweb:

We are super excited about our ADR's and our Dessert Party menu! YUM!!

Love thos pics:lovestruc Yankee Stadium is such a great place, I'm lucky enough living less then 2 hours away so I usually go to 4 or 5 games every summer:)
Oh lucky!! We are about 6 hours away so usually once a year for us. Go Yanks!!

So cool, that you are getting married at the wedding pavalion. I usually read TR's where people get married everywhere at WDW except there.

Looking forward to your TR.
Give me a PM, when you return and I'll move it to our regular boards.

I'll be at WDW the same time, but I don't think our paths will cross, - (I'd probably recognize your brother-before anyone else). He is the same age as my son-:rotfl: I want to say congradulations. You seem so happy.

I added you to our roll-call sticky.

So cool, that you are getting married at the wedding pavalion. I usually read TR's where people get married everywhere at WDW except there.

Looking forward to your TR.
Give me a PM, when you return and I'll move it to our regular boards.

I'll be at WDW the same time, but I don't think our paths will cross, - (I'd probably recognize your brother-before anyone else). He is the same age as my son-:rotfl: I want to say congradulations. You seem so happy.

I added you to our roll-call sticky.
There was just something about the Wedding Pavilion that appealed to us. There are so many beautiful locations on property but we love the Wedding Pavilion. It's so romantic...and how can you beat a view of Cinderella Castle???:cloud9:

Hopefully we don't have too many crowds when we are there right?:rolleyes1 Thanks for adding me to the sticky!!

There was just something about the Wedding Pavilion that appealed to us. There are so many beautiful locations on property but we love the Wedding Pavilion. It's so romantic...and how can you beat a view of Cinderella Castle???:cloud9:

Hopefully we don't have too many crowds when we are there right?:rolleyes1 Thanks for adding me to the sticky!!

The crowds seem to be coming the middle of February, and I'm hoping there is a small lull, before schools have spring break. I think it will be busy for ESPN weekend. I plan to go there Thursday, Feb. 25th, but I am just going to do a few shows, that I could never get my dh to do, so I am going to attempt those while he is at his convention.

I have a question, are you sure bikers week at Daytona is in March? or the last weekend in February. We are a "moto-cross family" my son races 4-wheelers, but every weekend, we watch the Nationals Super Bikes, and I know they race that weekend. If my dh finds out, I know we will high tail it up to Daytona.

The crowds seem to be coming the middle of February, and I'm hoping there is a small lull, before schools have spring break. I think it will be busy for ESPN weekend. I plan to go there Thursday, Feb. 25th, but I am just going to do a few shows, that I could never get my dh to do, so I am going to attempt those while he is at his convention.

I have a question, are you sure bikers week at Daytona is in March? or the last weekend in February. We are a "moto-cross family" my son races 4-wheelers, but every weekend, we watch the Nationals Super Bikes, and I know they race that weekend. If my dh finds out, I know we will high tail it up to Daytona.

Oh that's good. I expect some crowds for ESPN and the Princess Half but hopefully during the week will be quiet! We are headed to DHS on Saturday though :scared1:

I just checked on bike week (my dad told me it was) and it says Feb 26- Mar 7...so I guess it is. They plan on going March 4 so it should be good. Don't worry...we won't tell your dh!:littleangel:

As a West Coast girl, I loved your photos of your trip with your dad. I went to school at NAU in Flagstaff, so visited the Grand Canyon about once every 2 months. It's so pretty! We'd drive out there to watch the thunderstorms over the rocks.

As a West Coast girl, I loved your photos of your trip with your dad. I went to school at NAU in Flagstaff, so visited the Grand Canyon about once every 2 months. It's so pretty! We'd drive out there to watch the thunderstorms over the rocks.

Thanks!! We loved it! My first trip out west was with my Dad to Yosemite. We started in California (Modesto) for work (me) and then headed to Yosemite. After Yosemite we went to Monterey and then up to Stockton (back for work). We had an AWESOME time. I can't wait to go back to Yosemite.

I didn't love our So. Cali trip as much. The Grand Canyon was great, but I really loved Yosemite. Plus I didn't care for Las Vegas at all. We did go to Malibu and Venice Beach which was a lot of fun. I love traveling with my dad. Unfortunately this year he's taking my mom:confused3:rotfl: They are going on an Alaskan Cruise for their 30th anniversary....which is Today!!:cheer2:

Hi Amanda! (See I read the post where you said you prefer Amanda to Mandy haha)

I am going to be mean and make an ADR suggestion. If you like Jiko and all things DAK than I highly highly highly recomend Sanaa at Kidani village. The food is super awesome and the view of the animals is great! I love it there. I ate there in July with my mom when we had the DP and she loved it so much we went back in August with my dad.
At work we even held a baby shower there!

Just something to think about :-)

It really is too bad you wouldn't be able to drive out to Seattle with us when we move. If you loved Yosemite you would LOVE the state of Washington.

Anyways...now you have an excuse to go to the west coast whenever you want. I still firmly believe you need to visit the San Francisco area with me...it's the best:lovestruc PLUS if work sends you to California again I can easily go down and see you:cool1:

Hi Amanda! (See I read the post where you said you prefer Amanda to Mandy haha)

I am going to be mean and make an ADR suggestion. If you like Jiko and all things DAK than I highly highly highly recomend Sanaa at Kidani village. The food is super awesome and the view of the animals is great! I love it there. I ate there in July with my mom when we had the DP and she loved it so much we went back in August with my dad.
At work we even held a baby shower there!

Just something to think about :-)
Haha Becky you are mean!!!:rotfl: How dare you suggest food to me:rolleyes1

I'm going to check out the menu now...is it terribly exotic?? We aren't too adventurous...

It really is too bad you wouldn't be able to drive out to Seattle with us when we move. If you loved Yosemite you would LOVE the state of Washington.

Anyways...now you have an excuse to go to the west coast whenever you want. I still firmly believe you need to visit the San Francisco area with me...it's the best:lovestruc PLUS if work sends you to California again I can easily go down and see you:cool1:

You never know when I might have to head out to California. And Eric wants to go too!! Since we got AP's for the wedding I'm not sure we'll do it this year, but maybe next year!!!

I'm not very adventurous either. I usually get the short ribs (sooo yummy!) The tomato soup and the naan bread ( also delicious, it comes as an appetizer selection or you can just pay a dollar for the bread by itself, we did this when we had the DP) they have special ovens to cook the naan bread there. Man now I'm hungry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter