Our delicious Deluxe Dining Adventures! Lots of pics! Final thoughts - All Done!!

I just ate and after looking at all those pictures (especially the dip, I could just eat that with a spoon, no chips for me please) I'm hungry again! I wanna see more!

All I can think of is chocolate and peanut butter. Sorry to hear the choc tart was gone tho. :sad:

I'll be subscribing too! Can't wait to see more!!!

Oh.... I am here to... but leaving tomorrow... will try and keep up with you!!! Can't wait to hear some of your reviews!!

Ooh, you must be there by now!! Hope you're having a blast!! :thumbsup2

Just subscribing! :goodvibes

Okay! :goodvibes

Wow can't wait to here about all the awesome food that you ate!!!!

I can't wait to share it with you all!

LOVE the pictures..We're going to Sci-Fi as well..can't remember when right off but it looks sooo neat. I've never been there either :)

Great! I hope you love Sci-Fi! You'll have lots of fun. :cheer2:

Everything at Sci-Fi looks great. We haven't been there since 2007, but we are due back. We always enjoyed lunch there. That's a bummer about the chocolate tart. :sad1:

It was a bummer about the chocolate tart! But you're right - everything else was great so I can't complain (too much)!!

good read mate :wave2:

Thanks mate!! Are you Australian too?! :cool1:

We went to Sci-Fi for the first time on our last trip and LOVED the burgers!!:thumbsup2

I was going to have a burger, but had eaten one for dinner the night before at The Plaza! Oh well! Glad you enjoyed it too!

great start:thumbsup2 (i enjoy the dip @ SciFi too, usually order in lieu of entree too;) gooey goodness!)

i booked platinum pkg for 3 nights as part of split trip this summer:cool1: not sure we'll be able to use all 12 TS even spread out over 4 days lol...im taking notes:thumbsup2

Good luck using those TS credits!! You'll totally have to go to Sci Fi to have that dip again then! :)

Mmmm...I loved the artichoke dip when we were there last year. I can't wait to try those onion rings this time around. That chocolate peannut butter dessert is right up my alley.

This is not the thing to be reading while on a diet.............

Oh, diet shmiet! Bring on the onion rings and the peanut butter dessert!! ;)

Loving the reviews. Subscribing!

Glad you're enjoying them so far!

Loving you reviews I am glad to see a positive review of Sci Fi as that will be our first meal on DDP

Cool! Hope you enjoy it!

We're all hungery here now! Great photots can't wait for more.

Thanks for stopping by!

I just ate and after looking at all those pictures (especially the dip, I could just eat that with a spoon, no chips for me please) I'm hungry again! I wanna see more!

The dip was good!! I don't know if I could eat it just with a spoon though... hehee!

subscribing:)

Okay! :cheer2:

Thanks for popping in and saying hi, everybody! It's great to know people are reading along! :wave2:

Next review coming up! :surfweb:

All I can think of is chocolate and peanut butter. Sorry to hear the choc tart was gone tho. :sad:

I'll be subscribing too! Can't wait to see more!!!

Thanks for stopping by!! Chocolate and peanut butter is always a good combination!! :thumbsup2

After a big, fun-filled day at Hollywood Studios, we headed back to the Wilderness Lodge to relax a bit, then it was off to the Polynesian for our 7.40pm ADR at... 'Ohana!

IMG_8965.jpg

We'd eaten here in 2006 and absolutely LOVED it. We loved everything about it back then - the laid-back atmosphere, the fun service, the potatoes, the pudding, the turkey, the peanut sauce... everything!! It was definitely up there as one of our favourites. Ever since then, we'd reminisced about 'Ohana. On lazy Friday nights at home when we couldn't decide what to eat, one of us would say, "I feel like going to 'Ohana!" But alas, it was a 24 hour plane ride away!!!

So as you can guess, we were more than a little excited about this ADR! On the other hand, I was also a little worried. I'd read some negative reviews about 'Ohana on the DIS boards, and I knew that if things weren't so great this time, we'd be so disappointed! We had such high expectations, you know!?

Anywho, we checked in at our ADR time, and were given a little pager thingy to wait with. It seemed very busy that night! I guess 'Ohana is always very busy and popular. While we waited, we sat in the Tambu Lounge and ordered some drinks. Ooh la la!!

DH ordered a Pina Colava (on the left) and I had a Lapu Lapu (on the right)...

IMG_8967.jpg

Doesn't DH's drink look so pretty and feminine? :lmao:

His was basically a Pina Colada mixed with raspberry puree, which was actually really nice! And pretty. Hehee.

I'd waited so long to try a Lapu Lapu! I'd seen so many photos of them here on the DIS, and I thought it would be right up my alley. Well!!! I'd heard they were strong, but I didn't know they were THAT strong!!! I felt a bit tipsy from one sip! Yowza! Drinking it reminded me of underage drinking days, when my friends and I would go to parties and fill up our glasses with half alcohol and half orange juice. My friends did that. I never did. Ahem. :angel:

Anyway, it was quite nice, but it could have done with a bit more pineapple juice in there. Nevertheless, I had fun drinking out of a pineapple! Here I am, enjoying my Lapu Lapu and becoming tipsier by the second...

IMG_8969.jpg

We ended up waiting around 15 minutes, which wasn't so bad. We were seated at a fantastic table right next to the window - perfect spot to watch Wishes, which was set to start in 5 minutes time. Woohoo!! So far, so good!

We had 2 servers that night, and I can't remember either of their names. Whoops! One was a lady who was kinda grumpy, and one was a guy who was also kinda grumpy. Hmm, oh well!

First up, the welcome bread appeared on our table...

IMG_8971.jpg

This was quite nice, and I think it had bits of pineapple in it? Either way, it probably still could have done with some butter. We didn't eat much of it - there was too much other good stuff on the way!

The salad came next - Mixed greens with a honey lime dressing...

IMG_8972.jpg

This was great! Very light and refreshing. The dressing was mild but added an extra little twang which was nice.

And then came the sauces!

IMG_8974.jpg

Top left is the fabulous peanut sauce. Next to that is a sweet and sour sauce, and the green one down the bottom is a chimichurri sauce. I don't know if I even tried the other two - I'm in love with that peanut sauce and dipped everything in that!

There was a little pause in bringing out the rest of the food, but that was okay because Wishes was starting! Yayyy! It really was lovely to hear it being piped through the restaurant. I just love Wishes! Here's some photos we took from out our window...

IMG_8978.jpg

IMG_8981.jpg

After Wishes, the rest of our food started to come out. First the chicken wings...

IMG_8986.jpg

Then the pork dumplings...

IMG_8987.jpg

Then the noodles...

IMG_8988.jpg

And then the veggies!

IMG_8990.jpg

Whew, that's a lot of food! I know a lot of people comment on feeling rushed at 'Ohana because they seem to bring the food out all at once, but I think that's the fun of it! We giggled every time a new dish came out, because our whole table was full of food and we felt like a king and queen being fed a feast! It's fun to have everything sitting in front of you, and you get to choose what to try next!

DH and I both adore the chicken wings. They're meant to be honey and coriander chicken wings, but I hate coriander and they definitely don't taste like coriander!! Mostly just sticky, honey goodness! Yum!!

We also really liked the dumplings. Last time we were there, they had won ton crisps instead of these, but I definitely approve of this new addition! We both gobbled up a lot of these. They were even better dipped in the peanut sauce!

The noodles, on the other hand, were ... meh. They really didn't do anything for either of us. To me, they tasted like nothing. I think they needed more sauce! Bring back the potatoes! Bring back the potatoes!!

Maybe I should have tipped the peanut sauce over the noodles and they might have been much better. Heh.

The veggies (which were mostly broccoli) were nice, but who's going to sit there munching on broccoli when there's so many other yummy goodies to try!?

After a little while, our servers started to bring around the meat skewers. There were shrimp, turkey, pork and steak. I tried a little bit of everything except the pork (eugh!), and DH tried everything and loved it all. My favourite was definitely the turkey - dipped in the peanut sauce, of course!

I asked our server if I could take a photo of him with the shrimp skewer. He didn't say anything but kind of rolled his eyes instead. Errmmm. Okay. I took that as a yes, and took the photo anyway.

IMG_8993.jpg

When he asked DH if he'd like some shrimp, DH replied, "Maybe 2 or 3." He's not a huge fan of peeling shrimp. Guess how many he got on his plate!? 11!!! 11 shrimp! That's a lot of shrimp to peel. He ended up peeling them all and we shared them between us and totally enjoyed them. Heh!

Here's some of the skewers being cooked on the massive barbeque thingy...

IMG_8997.jpg

Throughout the night, there were coconut races and dancing going on around the restaurant for the kids, which was lots of fun. Here they are dancing to that cute Hawaiian Roller-Coaster ride song from Lilo and Stitch. I love that song! "There ain't no place I'd rather be, than on a surfboard out at sea..." (Are they even the words!?)

IMG_8991.jpg

By this stage, we were both starting to feel pretty full!! But along came dessert! Yayyy! The bread pudding!!

IMG_8998.jpg

I loooove this bread pudding. So delicious!! I squeezed quite a bit in, even though I was full! DH only had a little bit - too many shrimp for him!!

Don't worry, I didn't put peanut sauce on the bread pudding. :rolleyes1

So the verdict? We still LOVE 'Ohana!! Even though our servers were a wee bit rude, we still had lots of fun and the food is still fantastic. It's still one of our very favourite restaurants at Disney. We'd definitely go back there in a flash! If only it wasn't 24 hours away... :rolleyes:

We give 'Ohana 5 smilie men out of 5!! :) :) :) :) :)

Yayyyyy!!

Next up... Breakfast at The Wave!

This is making me SOOOO hungry. I wanted to eat there too but just didn't have the room to put it on our schedule. :) Glad you had a good experience.

We'll be heading to Ohana's in May as well. We went last April and all I can think about is those wontons dipped in the peanut sauce!

Oooooh...thanks so much for the great reviews and pics!! We've eaten at O'hana's twice and never had good servers, but still loved the meal. I'm very sad to see the wontons and potatoes are gone though.:sad1: Loved dipping those wontons in all 3 of the yummy sauces - the dumplings look good tho. Guess I'll have to start making the Maui potatoes at home more (I traditionally only make them for Xmas eve dinner, but now that I can't get them at Disney.....).

Can't wait to read more::yes::

For the review of Ohana! It was our favorite place two years ago as well and I was also worried because I had read the negative reviews. I'm so glad that I made an ADR anyway--we'll be there in three weeks. Your pictures are great and the food looks delicious. Can't wait to see the rest of the report!:goodvibes

Great review. I'm in limbo over O'hana's ~ hear alot of mixed reports in the past. But I might have to add them to the list.

Last time we went to O'hanas we had good servers (very happy and upbeat!) but the meat was dry (maybe we were eating a little too late as the ressie was for 9PM). Still I think it's a pretty good restaurant to just enjoy the atmosphere! My son loved the "Easter Island" head and kept saying "you dumb dumb you give me gum gum!" Unfortunately I think the people next to us never saw this movie and I'm afraid they had certain thoughts about what a bad parent I was! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear more food reviews!

I love the enthusiasm that comes with your review! :goodvibes

Everything sounds soooo yummy thus far! Can't wait to read more!

AussieAngel,
I am not Australian, but my DH's nephew is from Sydney. He's staying with us while attending college. I picked up a little of his aussie lingo.:p

Great job! We are still deciding on Ohana, we went last trip and enjoyed it but are not sure if we are going this trip. :confused3
I am looking forward to the rest of your reviews!

Thanks for the Ohana report! DH and I will be there late February for dinner. We have NEVER been there in all of our trips to WDW. After looking at your pictures, we are really looking forward to it (and maybe that pineapple drink too ;) )

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter