Our delicious Deluxe Dining Adventures! Lots of pics! Final thoughts - All Done!!

Wow, that's a lot of food! I can't wait to hear about all your dining adventures. :cool1:

Can't wait for your reviews, i remember your reviews in 2006, we planned many of our ADRs for our 2007 trip based on your reviews and pictures. We return in February.

Sounds good - looking forward to your reviews:)

Thanks! And welcome!

I'm definitely in..we are headed there in May on the Dxddp and we are eating at many of the same restaurants. I'm dieting already so I can eat all of that food...especially those milkshakes at the plaze, they look fabulous!

Lucky you, heading there in May! The milkshakes were great! :thumbsup2

OOOHHH...I cant wait to read more of your wonderful reviews! I was also on the deluxe plan and like any good DISer I took photos just not sure I'm going to a dining report or just include it in my trip report!!

Either way those burgers look delicious and you visited many places I would like to consider in the future...so I'm really looking forward to this!!

Hey fellow Snowbird!! :wave2: Thanks for popping in! You should totally do a dining review as well as a trip report!!

Looking forward to reading all yur reviews! Thanks for posting;)

You're welcome! Glad you're on board!

Looking forward to hearing lots more. Great job so far!

Thanks! And welcome! :cheer2:

I'm in... Can't wait for more.

More will be coming very soon!!

I am so in for this one.

I'm so glad!! :thumbsup2

Wow, that's a lot of food! I can't wait to hear about all your dining adventures. :cool1:

I know, it really was a lot of food!!

Can't wait for your reviews, i remember your reviews in 2006, we planned many of our ADRs for our 2007 trip based on your reviews and pictures. We return in February.

Wow, I'm glad my 2006 reviews helped you! I hoped you liked the places I recommended!! And you're off in February! Lucky you!! :goodvibes

I'm in! Great start, looking forward to the rest.

Thanks, and welcome!! :wave2:

Those milkshakes look AWESOME!!! I am sooo in!!!:cool1:

Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2
Kim

They were awesome! Best part of the meal, for sure! Thanks for popping in!

I'm signing on!:thumbsup2

Yay! Welcome!!

Okay, next review coming up... now! popcorn::

Oh.... I am here to... but leaving tomorrow... will try and keep up with you!!! Can't wait to hear some of your reviews!!

Wow can't wait to here about all the awesome food that you ate!!!!

Our first full day at Disney was spent at our favourite park from 2006 - Hollywood Studios! We skipped breakfast that morning, because of a little ride called the Tower of Terror. I just can't imagine doing that with a full stomach!! :crazy2:

So after a big morning of rides, we headed to lunch at... Sci Fi Dine In!!

IMG_8908.jpg

We actually had a 12.30pm ADR here, but by 12 we were starving, so we checked in early and were seated straight away. Yay!

Sci Fi is another restaurant we'd already been to in 2006. It was fun back then with some yummy food, but the real reason for going back!? Two things.

1) The onion rings. YUM!
2) The chocolate tart dessert. YUM!!!

I was in love with that chocolate tart dessert in 2006. It tasted like melted cold chocolate and was my favourite dessert ever. Not just at Disney World - ever!!

Needless to say, we had to go back this time, so I could have it again!! :cheer2:

So we were seated as "hitch-hikers" in the back of a car with a family of 4 in the front. That was okay - they didn't really turn around the whole time! Here's the view from our car...

IMG_8912.jpg

I love those old movies and clips on the big screen. They're lots of fun and were a great distraction while we waited for our food!

So as soon as we were seated, we were given the menus. Of course, my eyes went straight to the dessert to make sure my chocolate tart was still there..... and OH NO!! It was gone!! Aughhhhh!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Very sad! I even asked our server about it, just in case he might have had some old ones lying around out the back that he could give me... but alas. The chocolate tart had been taken off the menu only a couple of weeks beforehand. Waaaah! :sad1:

Anywayyyy, eventually I moved on from the lack of the chocolate tart. There were other delicious things on the menu, after all! :goodvibes

To drink, I had a Fanta Float (or a "Dreamsicle", as our server informed me!) and DH had a Coke Float...

IMG_8910.jpg

They were great, but we were both a bit surprised to find the ice-cream in the float was soft-serve ice-cream. I'd never had a soft-serve float before! It made the drink quite runny and tricky to drink at first (you can see the ice-cream running over the edges in the photo), but still very refreshing. :thumbsup2

For some reason, none of the entrees on the menu seemed to appeal to me that much, so I had two appetizers instead!

First I had my favourite, the Crispy Onion Rings...

IMG_8916.jpg

... which were just as fantastic as I remembered! Hot and crispy and ultra-tasty! The best onion rings ever!!

For his appetizer, DH ordered the 7 Bean Beef Chilli...

IMG_8917.jpg

... which he really enjoyed. He gobbled it all down very quickly and cleaned the whole plate. Definitely a winner!

So for my entree, I chose another appetizer - the Spinach and Artichoke Dip.

IMG_8919.jpg

Wow! This was great! Very rich and cheesy. I was a little wary of the multi-coloured corn chips, but they tasted just like regular coloured corn chips! I couldn't eat the whole serving - it's really very big! Even though I'd had two appetizers, it was more than enough food and I was very satisfied!

DH chose the Italian Grilled Chicken Sandwich as his entree...

IMG_8921.jpg

Again, he really enjoyed this. It was massive, so he didn't eat it all.

Also, this is when we started to really feel the air-conditioning. There seemed to be a vent directly above us, blowing freezing cold air on us. Which was nice at first, because it was quite warm outside, but after a while, it started to feel a bit too cold! It also made DH's food cool down a bit too quickly as well. Brrrr!!

By dessert time, we were both already pretty full, but felt we had to try the new dessert on the menu, which our server recommended - a Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake...

IMG_8924.jpg

This was actually really good, but it was still no chocolate tart! It was warm and a little bit crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside, with peanut butter mixed in throughout. Chocolatey and peanut-buttery, what's not to like!?!

We shared this, and it was plenty. The ice-cream and caramel sauce were great accompaniments too. :thumbsup2

Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at Sci-Fi. Afterwards though, we both felt really full - and we hadn't even finished our meals! Nevertheless, Sci-Fi is a fun place for a lunch. I liked everything I tried, and that air-conditioning would be perfect for a hot summer's day!!

We gave Sci Fi Dine In 4 smilie men out of 5. :) :) :) :)

Next up... Ohana!

LOVE the pictures..We're going to Sci-Fi as well..can't remember when right off but it looks sooo neat. I've never been there either :)

Everything at Sci-Fi looks great. We haven't been there since 2007, but we are due back. We always enjoyed lunch there. That's a bummer about the chocolate tart. :sad1:

great start:thumbsup2 (i enjoy the dip @ SciFi too, usually order in lieu of entree too;) gooey goodness!)

i booked platinum pkg for 3 nights as part of split trip this summer:cool1: not sure we'll be able to use all 12 TS even spread out over 4 days lol...im taking notes:thumbsup2

Mmmm...I loved the artichoke dip when we were there last year. I can't wait to try those onion rings this time around. That chocolate peannut butter dessert is right up my alley.

This is not the thing to be reading while on a diet.............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter