Our 3rd Trip to WDW, Sept' 09, *TOC on Pg 1* *TR STARTED - CLICK ON THE LINK*

Okay so Disney just loves to make me crazy... Online ADR's rolled out today... I make my ADR's in the morning... Now we booked through our amazing travel agent who we love, but in doing that we made it so we couldn't get the online 90+10 rule to work... But I called her and she thinks she got to the bottom of it and I will be fine when the time comes... Otherwise it will be the phone for me at 4 AM... :headache:

I number crunched and bit my fingernails.... Called Disney a total of 4 times today... Okay fine 6 times... Using the PIN code and staying at AKL would save us 1300... Free dining saves us 1700...

I think we are looking at Caribbean Beach Resort... We have never stayed at a moderate so this will be new... We are debating whether to get a preferred room or not... It will cost an additional 365 for the preferred room...

We are also looking at our ticket choices because in 2008 we only park hopped twice and the kids went to the water park once, I went once only to drop off the water proof camera... Terry loves the water park, but we can add the water park option to his ticket when we get there... We will have the funds to be able to upgrade all of us if we decide we want to but we are just thinking that it is a waste of money since we don't really use the options...

I will be back as soon as our ADR's have been made, hopefully we will snag some good ones...

Great news on the pin codes! I have always wanted to stay at CBR, ever since we were viewing the website before our first trip, which was a gift, and we were offsite. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's foot.

We have also found we can get by just fine without hopping - we usually plan a single park a day anyway. It saves alot of money on a whole family. More souvie money!:banana:

You have no idea how much planning my wife has done in the past 48 hours... She has gotten our trip down to a single park every day... Looks like we will be seeing MK 3 full days, Epcot 3 full days, AK 2 full days, and DHS 2 full days... That also leaves us 2 free days, 1 of which we will be attending the MNSSHP, and 2 half day's (travel days)... She is so awesome! More to come soon after we try to get our ADR's in a few hours...

so does that mean you're doing the base ticket and not getting the hopper option?

I've stayed at CBR 3x and had a great time.

We had standard room each time facing gardens. Not bad. All 3 times we were in Barbados, pretty far from Port Royal, but a nice walk.

The walk to the Food Court can be quite long depending on where you're staying.

There are multiple bus stops within CBR. That can make the waits seem longer although in actuality they may not be that bad.

Martinique and Trinidad North are the 2 villages closest to Port Royal and I think are considered preferred locations. If you plan on eating at the Food Court alot or the main pool is of interest to you or are planning on getting the refillable mugs, then the preferred is probably worth it.

You may alao want to consider Port Orleans-French Quarter ... We stayed there a couple years ago and loved it (not as much as AKL, but ... :))

Where CBR is BIG - POFQ is small ... there's a very nice pool ... the boat to DTD ... very good bus service ... and you can walk to POR and use the pool and other facilities there, too ...

So - back to your planning? :rotfl2:

Good luck with the ADRs - 51 minutes to go!!

You are awake - aren't you??? :laughing:

Of course we are awake... :surfweb: Well, I am using the term "we" loosely since there is a guy next to me snoring... :rolleyes:

POFQ is not an option this trip, it is sold out for our dates...

Good luck with ADRs when you call! (I saw oregonmommys post that she couldnt get the reservation number from the TA to work online :( )

Good luck with ADRs when you call! (I saw oregonmommys post that she couldnt get the reservation number from the TA to work online :( )

Thank you... I am so bummed... I hope I am still able to get what we want...

I am going on less than 2 hours of sleep... I am looking at Terry who is snoring away and thinking... "How can you sleep at a time like this!?!?!?!" :scared1:

I got that pin code yesterday too and went nuts trying to figure out if we should change resorts or not. We usually book our trips ourself and this time we're also using a TA and I'm hating not being able to call and get quotes myself so I know what you're going through! I really wanted WL but it was booked :sad2: Good luck with the adrs!

Of course we are awake... :surfweb: Well, I am using the term "we" loosely since there is a guy next to me snoring... :rolleyes:

POFQ is not an option this trip, it is sold out for our dates...

Hmmm - It looks like even though they just extended the "Free Dining" booking period a lot of the resorts are booked ... :confused:

I just hung up from Disney Dining... I went into the phone call with no faith that we could get anything we wanted :worship:... I was thinking that all this planning of which park on which day stuff would be a waste when I got done doing ADR's, but......

:cool1: I GOT EVERYTHING WE WANTED WITHIN 5 MINUTES!!! :cool1:

I could not believe it... The guy I spoke too was laughing at me :rotfl2: saying I should relax and not worry about it so much.... I told him "Dude, you have no idea what we have gone through... :headache:" I will post our final schedule with ADR's soon...

Now, it is time to ride the wave as we only have 90 days to go!!!

WDW, Here We Come! :yay:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I always feel like I won the lottery when I get the adr's I want!
pathetic, but true.:thumbsup2

I can't believe your mom got hit by a semi!:eek:
I'm so glad she was ok, other than the foot.

In the middle of my trip planning disney came out with the buy 4 get 3...it drove me and my family crazy!

Okay... I am awake from my nap... I was SO tired... I was going on less than 2 hours of sleep... Terry got a phone call while he was on the phone with Disney for overtime... He is working 5:30 to 2:00... He only got about 4 hours of sleep... He is due home in an hour and I am sure will head straight to bed for a few hours...

Our travel agent got our reservation switched to Caribbean Beach in a preferred room... We figured since we are there for 2 weeks it was worth the 365.00 to be close to Old Port Royale and the big pool... So far the kids do not know about the upgrade... I have to ask Terry if we are telling them or surprising them...

I am very happy with our ADR's, takes a load off my stress level... We just have to call Friday morning to get our Ohana breakfast... I also have to call tomorrow to schedule our AAA Storytime, but I won't wake up at 4 to do that one... I will just call whenever I wake up...

I will work on typing up our schedule and ADR's now and post them soon...

As my DW said before, we decided to take our ticket options off (Park Hopper with Water Parks) and make them base tickets to save the $400 and upgrade to CBR from POP... We both felt that we could just enjoy full days in the parks rather than wasting the time to hop to other parks, and I am the only one in the group that likes the water parks... Last year when we bought the hopper option, we jumped parks 2 times... Totally not worth it.. I have the parades and shows listed that will be playing ont he days we are at the parks... We want to hit most of them, cause i want to make sure I get good video and pictures, and like anything, the more chances i have, the better chance I have at getting good shots... We may skip a couple of them though if we are busy and have already gotten good pics...

Here is the schedule we have laid out now that our ADR's are secured...

9/15/09 - Day 1 - Travel Day

• Arrive in Orlando around 4:30pm
  • Head to CBR and check in
  • Go to DTD for a little shopping
  • Eat at T-Rex around 8pm

9/16/09 - Day 2 - Magic Kingdom Day

• Breakfast at Crystal Palace, 8:15am
  • Rope Drop
  • Snack Credits for Lunch
  • Parade at 3:00pm
  • AAA Storytime
  • CS at Cosmic Rays for Dinner
  • Wishes at 8:00pm

9/17/09 - Day 3 - Epcot Day

• Eat in the room
  • CS somewhere in World Showcase for lunch
  • Dinner at Le Cellier :thumbsup2 , 5:45pm
  • Illuminations at 9:00pm

9/18/09 - Day 4 - Animal Kingdom Day
  • Breakfast at Tusker House, 8:00am
  • Rope Drop
  • Snack credits for Lunch
  • Parade at 3:45pm
  • CS Dinner at Flame Tree

9/19/09 - Day 5 - Free Day

• Eat in the room
  • CS somewhere at DTD, most likely Earl of Sandwich
  • Dinner at Planet Hollywood, 6:15pm
9/20/09 - Day 6 - Disney Hollywood Studios Day
  • Breakfast at Cape May Cafe, 8:00am
  • Dinner at 50's Prime Time, 5:05pm
  • Fantasmic at 8:00pm

9/21/09 - Day 7 - Epcot Day
  • Breakfast at CBR
  • Dinner at Garden Grill, 5:15pm

9/22/09 - Day 8 - Free Day / MNSSHP

• Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, 8:05am
  • CS meal somewhere
  • Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, 4:25pm
  • :dancer: MNSSHP!!:dancer:
  • Hallo-Wishes and Villian Show

9/23/09 - Day 9 - Magic Kingdom Day
  • Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table :cool1:, 8:30am
  • Dinner at Ohana's, 5:30pm
  • Wishes at 8:00pm

9/24/09 - Day 10 - Epcot Day
  • Breakfast at Akurshus :woohoo:, 8:05am
  • Rope Drop
  • CS Somewhere in the World Showcase for Dinner

9/25/09 - Day 11 - Animal Kingdom Day
  • Eat in the room
  • Picnic in the Park for Lunch
  • Dinner at Rain Forest Cafe, 4:00pm

9/26/09 - Day 12 - Magic Kingdom Day
  • Breakfast at Ohana's :yay:, 8:00am
  • CS at Cosmic Ray's for Dinner
  • Spectromagic at 8:00pm
  • Wishes at 9:00pm

9/27/09 - Day 13 - Disney Hollywood Studios Day

• Eat in the room
  • CS at Pizza Planet
  • Dinner at Big River Grill
  • Enjoy a night at the Boardwalk

9/28/09 - Day 14 - Travel Day
  • Eat in the room while packing
  • Go to DTD for the last time
  • CS at Earl of Sandwich
  • Leave Orlando Airport at around 4:30pm :scared1:

Totals
  • Magic Kingdom - 3 Full Days + MNSSHP
  • Epcot - 3 Full Days
  • Hollywood Studios - 2 Full Days
  • Animal Kingdom - 2 Full Days
  • Free Days - 3 half days and 1 Full Day

With both of your early MK adr's you should get to enjoy main street and the castle a little without everyone else. It's my favorite.:goodvibes

With both of your early MK adr's you should get to enjoy main street and the castle a little without everyone else. It's my favorite.:goodvibes

I am soooo looking forward to this... I might miss the ressie taking so many pictures... The CRT ressie was a last minute thought, more of a "we got everything else, lets try this?" type of thing... I really wasn't expecting the guy to come back with, "Sure, how about 8:30?"... I showed so much doubt in my voice that the guy made a comment saying "Why are you doubting me?" All I could do was say, prove me wrong dude... HE DID! I am not telling my DD about this, and letting her be surprised when we get there... She doesn't even know that there is a restaurant in the castle yet :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter