Our 3rd Trip to WDW, Sept' 09, *TOC on Pg 1* *TR STARTED - CLICK ON THE LINK*

We are doing the happy dance at the Oregonparentsof2 household this morning... Be thankful you are not here, cause none of us can dance... :laughing:

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3:
:cheer2::hyper::dancer:party::jumping1:

Now for my version of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Walls"

99 Lapu Lapus at the Poly, 99 Lapu Lapus, order one up and drink it down... :drinking1

Oh yes I would love to see the pictures.

WOHOO I WILL JOIN THE DANCE CELEBRATION

:cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana: :cheer2: :dancer: party: :donald: :dumbo: :mickeyjum :rockband:

DH is working graveyard overtime tonight, so I am sitting here, completely redoing our plans for the trip... If I keep this up, he may disown me... :laughing: I call for ADR's next Wednesday, hoping that I don't have any issues getting what I want...

The kids are very excited that we are in double digits now... If I knew how to post pictures I would show everyone the countdown that we started in February... But it will have to wait until Terry can do it... He is on 6 days straight and at like 80 hours worked in those 6 days, so he is a bit tired...

Have a great night and hopefully we will get this thing more interesting and some pictures put up...

Is he making extra disney money tonight?

What part of oregon are you in? If I could live anywere it would be somewhere in western oregon...I love it there.:lovestruc

Is he making extra disney money tonight?

What part of oregon are you in? If I could live anywere it would be somewhere in western oregon...I love it there.:lovestruc

He is making ME some Disney money tonight... :rotfl:
One thing I can say about Terry is he has a great work ethic... They call him a lot and ask if he will come in like right NOW, and work a 12 hour shift... They know they can count on him and he will be there within 20 minutes of the call...

We live in Salem... I lived in Bend for a while, but back then it was just a small desert town... I gotta say I prefer the green in Salem to the desert of Bend...
I also like being an hour from the beach... :)

DH is working graveyard overtime tonight, so I am sitting here, completely redoing our plans for the trip...

Ah - the "graveyard shift ..."

Well - "It could be worse ... it could be raining ...":lmao:

[... had to - just watched that movie last week ... for about the umpteenth time ...!! :) ]

We live in Salem... I lived in Bend for a while, but back then it was just a small desert town... I gotta say I prefer the green in Salem to the desert of Bend...
I also like being an hour from the beach... :)

I drive through the baren wasteland of south eastern oregon a couple times every year.;)

My dad grew up in Albany and some of my family is still there. I would move there in a heartbeat if we could, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. So I'm stuck in the desert in washington.

Well, DH is back at work AGAIN!!! :headache:

He got an hour of sleep after his graveyard shift and is back for another 8 hours... I am sending him straight to bed when he gets home at 4... His normal shift is 12 hours, Friday, Saturday and Sunday... Oh and every 3rd Monday... I told him that he WILL take tomorrow off... He has got to get some rest in before his normal work week starts...

He said if he keeps working all this overtime he may take me to Disneyland for our Anniversary... :woohoo::hug::love::cool1: That is in February, so I will have just enough time to plan a trip for that after we get home from the World in September... The big issue with that is finding someone to take care of the kids... hmmm... Can't we just put out enough food for a week??? They are both toilet trained... :rotfl2:

Geez, poor Terry - that's a very little amount of sleep and a very big amount of working hours :scared: I hope he's able to get lots of sleep today/tonight!

Doing the double digit dance for you:

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2::dance3::dancer::jumping3::jumping1:

Well, DH is back at work AGAIN!!! :headache:

He got an hour of sleep after his graveyard shift and is back for another 8 hours... I am sending him straight to bed when he gets home at 4... His normal shift is 12 hours, Friday, Saturday and Sunday... Oh and every 3rd Monday... I told him that he WILL take tomorrow off... He has got to get some rest in before his normal work week starts...

He said if he keeps working all this overtime he may take me to Disneyland for our Anniversary... :woohoo::hug::love::cool1: That is in February, so I will have just enough time to plan a trip for that after we get home from the World in September... The big issue with that is finding someone to take care of the kids... hmmm... Can't we just put out enough food for a week??? They are both toilet trained... :rotfl2:

I hope he doesn't do anything that requires him to stay awake...;)

Drop off the kids in the wilderness and call it survival week....

Double digit dance :banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Aww a trip to the land :cloud9: Haven't been there since I was 7 now I am 22 lol hope everything works out

Geez, poor Terry - that's a very little amount of sleep and a very big amount of working hours :scared: I hope he's able to get lots of sleep today/tonight!

Doing the double digit dance for you:

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2::dance3::dancer::jumping3::jumping1:

Isn't he nuts!?!?! There is no way I could do it... Our kids are very good about keeping quiet when Daddy needs to sleep, and Terry can sleep anywhere and through anything...

I hope he doesn't do anything that requires him to stay awake...;)

Drop off the kids in the wilderness and call it survival week....

Yeah, it is sort of important he stays awake... lol... his Dad always tells him that it is a very good thing he is young and can do this type of stuff, cause later on he won't be able to...

I am liking this survival week... My other option is to put them in the boarding kennel with the dogs... Maybe a better idea is to have Alec give my Mom that pouty lip thing that she a sucker for and they can stay with my parents...

Double digit dance :banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Aww a trip to the land :cloud9: Haven't been there since I was 7 now I am 22 lol hope everything works out

Terry called me on his lunch and told me to check into a cruise instead... Have I mentioned that I love this man... :lovestruc :hug: :love: :cloud9:

WOW a cruise even better. :cool1::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

Take me too :wave: I will try to fit in the suitcase lol:rotfl2:

Okay everyone... I need opinions!!! My parents 25th wedding anniversary is next year... We have a very small family and they have a small handful of good friends... They do not want a big lavish party... They said they would rather just go away together somewhere they have not been... They also said for us not to waste our money...

I have talked to my brother, who is in the Air Force, he is being deployed to Afghanistan soon and will be back in time for their anniversary. We want to do something... We have amazing parents, they have put so much of themselves on hold to raise us and we want to give back... My Dad is not my biological Dad, he is technically my Step-Dad... I was never raised that way though, he was my Dad and I was his daughter and that was that... He coached little league, grounded me when needed, and gave me the "boys only want one thing" speech... (No offense to my male readers) My Mom was 14 when she got pregnant with me and worked hard, went to school to make sure I had everything I needed...

Here is what we are thinking... My brother will fly home, we will take them out for dinner... After dinner we arrive at a location (not sure where yet) for a dessert party with all of their friends... At the dessert party my brother and I along with Terry will present them with a trip... Depending on where, we may only be able to pay for half... If they want a very expensive resort then we can't cover it all... My parents live a comfortable life, so if us kids cannot pay for the whole trip they will have no problems with this...

We know they want to go to Venice, Italy... Paris, France... and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico...

Now, we are not really feeling Mexico because it is really not far away from where we live... And they can go there whenever... But Paris and Venice really speak to us, because they wouldn't normally do this on their own.... And they just sound super romantic, I guess... Our parents never had a honeymoon, they went to the beach for a night and stayed at the Penny Saver Motel... They were suppose to stay 2 nights but came home cause they missed me... :rolleyes1

So, what are your opinions? Paris or Venice? Have you ever been there? Hotel ideas? Will they need a car? HELP!!!!

Ohhhh that's an awesome idea! I love it! :) I have been to both places but was in high school so didnt really 'appreciate' where I was. I wouldn't know which one I would pick though, both are amazing!

Okay everyone... I need opinions!!! My parents 25th wedding anniversary is next year... We have a very small family and they have a small handful of good friends... They do not want a big lavish party... They said they would rather just go away together somewhere they have not been... They also said for us not to waste our money...

I have talked to my brother, who is in the Air Force, he is being deployed to Afghanistan soon and will be back in time for their anniversary. We want to do something... We have amazing parents, they have put so much of themselves on hold to raise us and we want to give back... My Dad is not my biological Dad, he is technically my Step-Dad... I was never raised that way though, he was my Dad and I was his daughter and that was that... He coached little league, grounded me when needed, and gave me the "boys only want one thing" speech... (No offense to my male readers) My Mom was 14 when she got pregnant with me and worked hard, went to school to make sure I had everything I needed...

Here is what we are thinking... My brother will fly home, we will take them out for dinner... After dinner we arrive at a location (not sure where yet) for a dessert party with all of their friends... At the dessert party my brother and I along with Terry will present them with a trip... Depending on where, we may only be able to pay for half... If they want a very expensive resort then we can't cover it all... My parents live a comfortable life, so if us kids cannot pay for the whole trip they will have no problems with this...

We know they want to go to Venice, Italy... Paris, France... and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico...

Now, we are not really feeling Mexico because it is really not far away from where we live... And they can go there whenever... But Paris and Venice really speak to us, because they wouldn't normally do this on their own.... And they just sound super romantic, I guess... Our parents never had a honeymoon, they went to the beach for a night and stayed at the Penny Saver Motel... They were suppose to stay 2 nights but came home cause they missed me... :rolleyes1

So, what are your opinions? Paris or Venice? Have you ever been there? Hotel ideas? Will they need a car? HELP!!!!

My suggestion would be to do a eurpoean cruise. That way they can go to both along with 1 or 2 other countries as well. We did a cruise for our honeymoon and absolutly LOVED IT!!! There is nothing compared to the service you get on a cruise, well except disney lol. The best part about a cruise is you don't have to drive anywhere, and you get to see several AMAZING places in a week. Also when everything is added in gas, wear and tear on vehicle or renting, worry about navigating self, food exp, etc, a cruise is very comparable in price.

Good luck in whatever decision you may chose, and best of wishes to your parents!

I drive through the baren wasteland of south eastern oregon a couple times every year.;)

My dad grew up in Albany and some of my family is still there. I would move there in a heartbeat if we could, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. So I'm stuck in the desert in washington.

Hey! I live in that wasteland!:rotfl2: Where do you head East at?

Okay Oregon Mommy, How exciting to send your parents on a trip! Your mom is so young! We sent our parents on an Alaskan cruise for their 50th.

Everyone knows I always have to put in my 2cents:goodvibes I would vote for a cruise, too. If you can't swing a European cruise, I would suggest a caribbean - a little more affordable, and still exotic and exciting! I vote for Eastern, cuz we visited PV, Mexico in Sept and feel that once was more than enough for us. Also, Mexico is a very dangerous place for Americans right now. DH says the military people are being asked not to vacation there. Here is a link to my TR about our MX trip if you want to see. Of course, everyone has a different experience, and there were alot of good things - the beach, the sunshine, the tequilla - not all bad:thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1973141

My vote would be for a cruise as well....if not then a European tour that would take them to both Paris and Venice, if that's even possible.

I think DCL has European destinations for 2010.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter