Opinion: Order of Park reservation and which would you do multiple times

For our November trip, we are shooting for the following:
Day 1 HS
Day 2 MK
Day 3 Disney Springs
Day 4 AK
Day 5 MK
Day 6 (Thanksgiving Day) Pool/Resort day (staying at BC so kids wanted a full day for SAB and thought it might be best to avoid parks on a holiday)
Day 7 EP (hoping for some version of holiday festivities and CP to start)
Day 8 HS

Will probably go for the HS days first, then MK, AK, EP, as I figure EP will have the biggest capacity.

Going the week of Thanksgiving:
Day 1 (early AM arrival) - AK
Day 2 MK
Day 3 HS
Day 4 MK
Day 5 Epcot
Day 6 (Thanksgiving) AK
Day 7 HS
Day 8 Leave

I'll be booking HS and MK first.

Here’s my quandary . . . What are people doing who have more than one trip booked? For example, I have a trip in August and one in December. Do I work on August first? Do I work on December first because of holidays? Do I do the weekends for both trips first and then fill in the weekdays? I never had to book more than one trip worth of FP at one time, so I am not sure which way to go.
We're booked for opening week, the week before Christmas, and spring break. So, yeah. Monday morning's going to be busy for me.

I'm going to book July first, then December, then March.

We are going in August for 8 days. I’m planning to book: MK, DHS, AK, EP, DHS, MK, DHS, EP.
A lot of this is based on us being at the YC, but if they move us because of the NBA I guess we’ll just have to make it work. I’m still not sure we will even take this trip, depends on reports coming back from July guests. If wait times are long and reports are negative we will cancel.

We have 6 day tickets, but one is our travel day, so we'll get in early and do a half day. So my goal for tomorrow is:

1 - Half day at HS
2- AK
3- MK
4- HS
5- MK
6 - Epcot (Thanksgiving day, hoping to do GG for dinner)

I really hopes the system is programmed to allow cancelled park reservations back into the pool
Scenarios like the one above ( @TigrLvsPooh ) will be plenty, people maybe booking tomorrow who are not 100% sure if they will come and then people who are definitely coming potentially not being able to book.
I wish they would've done this in like 3 months periods

Have 5-day park tickets for a Christmas trip (12/21-12/26). We're staying at Boardwalk, which is our first time staying in an Epcot area resort. Our schedule will (hopefully) be:

12/21: Epcot
12/22: Hollywood Studios (we have Cirque du Soleil tickets for this evening if it's running)
12/23: Animal Kingdom
12/24: Epcot
12/25: Magic Kingdom
12/26: Going home in the morning

Epcot on arrival day makes the most sense considering where we're staying. Plus, we love Epcot. I chose Studios on our Cirque day because we can get their early, get it done, and get back to the resort easily to change and head to Springs for late lunch/early dinner before Cirque. If Cirque winds up canceled we can easily go back to Studios that night. Animal Kingdom is on my Mom's birthday, and she loves AK (as do I), so that'll be fun. We just like looking at all the animals and doing the safari. Chose to go back to Epcot on Christmas Eve just in case Candlelight Processional is a go. And saving Magic Kingdom for Christmas because it'll be the first time we've been in WDW over actual Christmas and that's where we want to be...especially if the parade and fireworks wind up happening.

I'm actually going to reserve them backwards: MK 12/25, EP 12/24, AK 12/23, HS 12/22, EP 12/21.

So let me understand this....
Everyone gets to book tomorrow (June 22nd at 7:00 am EST)? Everybody that is going to Disney sometime within the next 15 months? All using MDE at the same time?

So let me understand this....
Everyone gets to book tomorrow (June 22nd at 7:00 am EST)? Everybody that is going to Disney sometime within the next 15 months? All using MDE at the same time?

Not quite ... from https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/ :
  • Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
  • Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.

So just went through this..
I would choose mk..
Unless you are a die hard starwars fan.
In March we had 2 days planned for MK,
When we did not get on ROR my DH wanted to go back to HS to try again that was the plan until..
we got kicked out of Disney by covid and we are returning in Oct.

I am just going to try to book my days in order and see what happens. We are planning:
sat- arrive late, no park
sun-EP
mon- AK
tues- HS
wed- MK
thurs- AK
fri- MK
sat- HS
sun- leave early for home

I usually try to plan parks based on how crowded they'll be {determined using secret internet formulas and tea leaves), and what fastpasses are available. For my March May June (this time I mean it!) October trip, both of those are out the window since it will be limited capacity and no fast passes. (at least at the moment) The only thing I'm having to consider now is the inability to park hop. (at least for now). (I like parentheses)

I don’t have a particular order in mind. It will be our kids first visit so I am honestly thinking of doing a more laid back day first vs an overwhelming an busy Mk day? Not sure.
Maybe Epcot, mk, HS, AK, MK? Ideally my only “need” is to end at MK :)
I'll always remember our kids' first trip. We took them to AK first, and they were like..."this is it?' They were mildly disappointed. I guess I didn't prep them well enough for what AK was. 13 years later it is still our "run in and do FOP, EE, Dinosaur and maybe a couple others and leave" Every couple years we will see a show there or do the safari or nature walk.

I wish they would've done this in like 3 months periods

I am no IT person, but it has only been 3 1/2 months since this all Evil Covid started. They had to come up with a program that effected hundred of thousands of guests with almost that many variables. If the IT dept. had more time, they probably would have programmed it to being able to book by 3 months.

Anyway, the guests who have gotten park reservations, did you get what you wanted? I did, but not traveling till Nov. I got DS for 2 days. Kind of excited that we don't have to get there so early, as it opens at 10am.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter