Opinion: Order of Park reservation and which would you do multiple times

Tinkerchele

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I value opinions on here and was wondering which you all would choose for my upcoming trip in Oct. We have 5 day tickets (PH, but that doesn't matter anymore). When going to make park reservations, which park would you choose to go to twice? My gut says MK...just because reasons 😆 BUT, I haven't been to Disney since 2012 sooo what park will need some more of my time 🤔 Usually with PH and not having to make reservations, I would wing it! I would be happy at any of them, of course. Thanks for your thoughts!

Back in the old days, this last winter, I would request FP's on the popular rides 1st. So now I wondering about park reservations.

I'm thinking I should request the reservation depending on how busy the park could be on a particular day.
I will request Tues, Wed parks before Thanksgiving 1st. Then I'm meeting friends, will request those park/ride dates. Then I'll book MK, then the rest of the trip.

(One good thing, I will get to walk thru the stand by line for Flight of Passage!)

How are you going to approach this?

Positive responses please. I am embracing the new Disney World.

Thanks!

Last edited:
We have 5 day tickets. We usually start and end with MK. Here is my preferred order.

MK
HS
EP (we will have woken up early for MK and HS and this will allow us to sleep in. And it closes the latest and the following day will be a rest/pool day)
AK (opens the earliest and after 2 days of sleeping in I shouldn’t have many complaints)
MK

We are normally rope drop people and I say we will sleep when we get home. So sleeping at Disney is very different for us. But we know this trip will be different and I’m trying to make it as normal but also relaxed as possible.

We are going Thanksgiving week, and I am trying to get our game plan together also. I think we are trying for HS, AK, MK, and Epcot, with MK on Thanksgiving. I am trying to think positively about having low crowds with the new reservation system. The only thing that will get in the way is they have the Candlelight Processional on a day when I am not in Epcot and cannot change. I would really love to got to the CP!

We have not yet seen the new Star Wars land, so we're hoping to spend 2 days there to soak it all in, and maybe have a chance to ride RoR.

We are going in September. Since we will be driving and won't be getting a full day on our first and last day, this is what I'm thinking of:
  1. Epcot, no ADR
  2. MK w/ MK ADR
  3. HS vs AK. HS has Moonlight Magic this night, if it's still going on. ADR at monorail resort vs DTD depending on what park we choose
  4. MK w/ MK ADR
  5. HS vs AK, same ADR plans as above
  6. Epcot w/ Epcot ADR
  7. MK with hotel ADR
  8. ???? Leaving this day, thinking MK due to the ability for us to quickly get back to our resort

We will be there for 10 days starting July 16th. We are basically doing a pattern: Epcot, Studios, MK, AK...repeat!

We really want to see the festival at Epcot and then we haven't been to Galaxy's Edge at Studios yet so those are priorities for us.

as soon as they open new reservations our TA will book us for the same week next April that we were supposed to go this year. Going in the same order I had made FP+ for this year: EP (arrival day, not sure what time we will arrive), MK, EP,DHS,AK,DHS,MK. 7 day tickets.

I'm also going during Thanksgiving. Not going to a park on actual day, but will probably request Tues and Wed before any other day of my trip. Lots of people expected( or maybe not....:-))

Last edited:
6 day trip in Dec I'm just going to go in order.
Resort by 11 so gonna start with AK for lunch and if the cirq show is cancelled guess we will stay at AK that night.
AK,Mk,Epcot, HS,AK,MK

We are there 7 days (flying out the evening of our 7th day), I have been informed we are doing MK, HS, and Epcot twice. AK once. We go for the rides and food. If F&W were not going on, Epcot would be a 1x park for us.

I would request MK first, then DHS or AK, and do Epcot last, because I am figuring it has the most capacity, so will fill up last.

We will only know if that is a good strategy once people actually start booking. Holidays and weekends might be harder to get than a weekday.

Here’s my quandary . . . What are people doing who have more than one trip booked? For example, I have a trip in August and one in December. Do I work on August first? Do I work on December first because of holidays? Do I do the weekends for both trips first and then fill in the weekdays? I never had to book more than one trip worth of FP at one time, so I am not sure which way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter