One food you could eat every day and not get tired of

I'm thinking of using cornstarch or tapioca starch instead. I heard maybe halve the amount compared to wheat flour. Even if I don't get it perfect it shouldn't taste like flour.

Are you using pre shredded cheese? If so, stop doing that. That may be why it tastes floury. Those have anti caking agents added to them to keep the cheese from sticking together. Get a block and shred it yourself.

Also, don't use all cheddar cheese. Add some fontina or some American cheese...it will be creamier. I always do 1/2 cheddar, 1/2 deli quality American cheese (boar's head is my go to brand).

Also, cook your bechamel sauce for no less than 10 minutes before adding the cheese.

Currently, my copycat Cracker Barrel Chicken n Dumplings in the Instant Pot. I have been making it about once a week for over a month, I just can't get enough. If only I could find a way to hide it from DH!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter