OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at OKW for the first time Oct 6-13, 2007. After all the pictures posted on this thread, I can't wait!!!

Time for a little bump of my favourite thread:goodvibes :yay:

I must say the pictures posted on this thread are the BEST!!!

We had the pleasure of staying at OKW this past February. There was a mix up with our ressie's at AKL and I stayed on line every day for a week trying to find an opening somewhere else for the week we were going. Thanks to a convention there was nothing! Then one day, an opening at OKW was available!!! It's almost as if we were meant to be there the way it all worked out. We booked a studio for 6 nights and when we got there we were bumped up to a 1 bedroom villa for free! Needless to say we are HOOKED. If this was Disney's plan all along, it worked!:rotfl2:

We are going again Feb 08 and can not think of a better place to stay. This time we booked the 1 bedroom ourselves. We can not wait!!! I love everything about this resort and so does DH. We hope to one day be DVC owners too.:thumbsup2

Bump for our friend Edk35

lovely bunch of OKW people here !!
Thanks to everyone who post on this thread ,
Hugs Mel

We are staying at OKW during our next trip and cant wait as it will be our first DVC stay.

A couple of q's if you all dont mind....

How long does the boat take to get to DTD and what are the operating hours?

Which part of DTD does it drop you off at?

We are in a 2bed, do we get a dvd player in our room?

Do the buses rum directly to all parks or do we have to go to change at the transportation centre?

Can we buy detergent etc on site or is it provided?

Many thanks for all your help, i promise to take lots of photos so i can add to this post when i get back.

Many thanks

Emma

Been owners at OKW since 1992.:thumbsup2 As the saying goes in our family, "Old Key West is the Best". We have stayed at VWL, BWV, BCV, HHI and we still like OKW. Now that the kids are older, BCV are also moving up in popularity for them because of the easy access to Epcot.:dance3:

Just bought OKW resale and we're staying Sept 30th though Oct 6th. We can't wait! Thanks for this thread, it gets all of us excited.

How long does the boat take to get to DTD and what are the operating hours? I believe it is about 15-20 minutes. You will make a stop at SSR.

Which part of DTD does it drop you off at?The boat drops you off right by Rainforest and Capt. Jacks.

We are in a 2bed, do we get a dvd player in our room?No, only in the living room.

Do the buses rum directly to all parks or do we have to go to change at the transportation centre?Yes, the buses run straight to the parks. If you want to go to a different resort, you will have to take the DD bus and catch the desired bus or you can take the bus to TTC and catch a resort bus.

Can we buy detergent etc on site or is it provided? Yes, you can buy detergent in the General Store but you will get a single use box of Tide to get you started.

We will be staying in a studio at OKW on our next trip. It will be our first DVC trip! Can't wait to check out OKW!

Celebrating just receiving the blue DVC membership card and thought I'd bump my favorite thread!!:goodvibes

Have a great day
Hugs Mel

We are going again in Feb! I can't wait. We are absolutely in love with OKW. We aren't in DVC yet but if everything goes as planned we should start buying points around 2009!:thumbsup2

Just returned from my first stay at my home resort, OKW!!! We were there 10/5-10/13. It was so beautiful. We stayed in a 2BR Lockoff. The rooms are so big and spacious, I loved it!! It really felt like you were in the Key West.

I look forward to staying there again!!

My 2 DS, ages 9 and 11, and I just returned from 6 days at OKW in a 2 bedroom-yes, we had LOTS of room to spread out. My parents were planning to join us on this trip but at the last minute my dad's ongoing health issues forced them to cancel so we were "stuck" in a 2BR. We were in building 48 and really enjoyed the location as the walk to both the Turtle Pond pool and South Point pool was quick. Hopped on any bus to get to the HH-very easy. Just a couple of observations that some of you may comment on. Twice returning from the parks the busdriver deviated from the route and pulled into Miller's Road first and then the HH and then on to Peninsular Road and the other stops-not a big deal for us but just kind of odd. I just wonder if they again stopped at HH on their way back out?-if not and I was a guest who hopped on that bus to go to HH that would be unfortunate. Also, did I dream it or did we used to get lotion with our other toiletries? We found none and it's actually the one toiletry I missed. We received a half empty shampoo in the master and a more than half empty shower gel in the other bathroom. I bring my own shampoo so not a huge deal but just kind of felt stingy. Actually, it kind of grossed me out but I don't want to make a huge deal out of it...Stay was wonderful though and really enjoyed OKW.

My first trip to OKW is this weekend...my birthday trip with my best friend!! Leaving the kids and husbands behind. We have both stayed lots of other places, but are looking forward to this resort. Will we love it??

My first trip to OKW is this weekend...my birthday trip with my best friend!! Leaving the kids and husbands behind. We have both stayed lots of other places, but are looking forward to this resort. Will we love it??

Happy Birthday and have a great trip!!

Have been wondering where this "missing in action" thread was....

Our first trip here will be in June.....

I did take the ferry over last mth when I stayed at SSR.....walked around, had one of Ramona's margarita's at the bar...lovely:)

I am so happy this thread popped up today.....we booked a very last minute trip to Disney and only OKW and SSR were available. We picked OKW because it looked so pretty and now I am soooo glad we did. I am also really happy that availability was limited because otherwise we probably would have returned to Beach Club Villas which we really enjoyed. I think I will still miss being able to walk home from Epcot after dinner but it sure seems OKW has many other benefits! Can't wait!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter