• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay...........now it's Weight Watchers Here I go again!

I weighed in this am, and was disappointed. The scale read one pound higher than it did two days ago. I also did a ketostick, which registered very dark pink---definitely in ketosis. I am hoping that the next weigh-in will show weight loss. I am going to try not to be affected by this scale episode. I hate the scale.

In cleaning out my father's basement, I have found all my clothes from high school and college. size 6,8,and some 10's. What the heck happened to me. I love those clothes. They are so small. I want to be smaller. I have found lots of pictures of me then, also. I was small. Can't hardly believe it. I want this weight gone so, so badly. Feel like I am spinning my wheels.

I will keep going, though. This may be the longest diet to weight loss on record.

Took my medicine this morning. Off to make egg sandwich, I think.

I am going to register for the 1/2 marathon. I still have no faith in myself to be able to succeed in it, but I am going to register just the same. I want to succeed. When this move of my father's is done, I will be on more of a regular schedule. I am in the middle of cleaning 25 years and tons and tons of junk from his basement. It is awful.

I am disgusted with the scale. It is definitely not my friend. I feel good, and think I have done fairly well. I am still in ketosis, but not losing weight. How the heck is that possible? I have been in ketosis almost continuously since I started this, but have lost merely ten pounds in almost two months.

Have you taken your measurements? Are you losing inches?

Slow weight loss is expected in those who have an underactive thyroid, so that is to be expected.

This isn't about just losing weight (although that's a nice side effect). It's about feeding your body healthy food so you feel better. It's about moving a little more so your muscles and joints get used to more movement. You can do this - yes it may take a little longer, but you can do this.

As far as the half marathon, I firmly believe you can do that too! I'd love to meet you in person next January. Just be sure you don't tax your finances to make the trip, OK?

A1,
I am so glad you remembered to take your medicine. We need to get your TSH and T4 levels up to par. You'll be so surprised how well you feel once they are normal. You'll feel happier, have more energy, sleep better, and the pounds will come off much faster. Remember, while the thyroid levels are low, it is harder to lose weight, but you have managed to lose weight... 10 pounds. You've worked hard on losing that weight. 2 bags of sugar=10 lbs. You are healthier now than you were 2 months ago.

I totally believe you can do the 1/2 marathon. Set up a training schedule, and stick to it. You've got the treadmill, and it won't collect any more dust now. Keep us posted on your progress.

You are doing great.
Beth

Thanks for the support, friends!!!

I am official!!!! I registered for the 1/2 marathon. I hope everything will work out for me. I am trying to figure out who I can ask to go along and watch dd. I thought about leaving her home with my df, but decided that it would be great for me to have her there cheering for me, and it would be good for her to see me finish.

Recap of the day:

Meds taken in the morning.

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with about 1 oz feta cheese on lc bread. lc ketchup. water

Lunch - none

Dinner - antipasto salad with ranch. about 12 ounces of mushroom turkey meatloaf. That may be my undoing. This time I could taste the breadcrumbs. diet ginger ale. The antipasto salad had iceburg lettuce, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, olives, meat, and a little cheese. I may have had about 6 chick peas in that mix also.

Snack - 9 raw almonds. water.

I don't weigh, count, or measure my food in any accurate way (except the almonds). Do I need to do that? I pretty much just avoid forbidden foods.

I am going to walk on the treadie after I am done here. Time to start getting serious. I feel like Jane and her brothers (Peter Pan) when they realize that they really can fly. I feel that I have a chance. I have a whole year to achieve my goals, and will celebrate them on Jan 9. I *can* be a new and improved me!

Update
2:07 a.m.
Walked on treadie for 1 hour. I was just shy of 3 miles. The reading was 2.95. I did some jogging spurts. Spent some time warming up and cooling down. I felt good. Just wonder how much I am supposed to do or push myself being so overweight and out of shape. Will ask my doctor at my physical this month.

A, I'm so excited for you! I like what you have on your countdown timer for the half-marathon - "A Celebration of Me". That's a fabulous way to look at this!

As far as training, try not to overdo it at first. I'd start with walking 1.5 miles 3 days a week (maybe Mon. Wed. & Fri.) and then a longer 2.5 mile walk on Sunday. This will be enough to get your body used to walking on a regular basis. When you can do this comfortably then start to up the mileage. If this is too much, then only do a mile on M, W, F and 2 miles on Sunday. You get the idea. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll start looking forward to your walks and they won't feel like drudge-work anymore! :D At this point, you are training for the mileage and not the speed, so don't worry about how fast yet. You'll pick that up later.

Start stashing some money away for some good sneakers if yours are older or uncomfortable. The padding in sneakers does break down and your feet will need more cushioning as you walk more mileage. Maybe Dr. Scholls inserts would help prolong the use of your current sneakers?

I don't have time now, but I'll wander back in a day or two and try to answer your ketosis question. :D Remind me if I forget, OK?

Have a great day A! :sunny:

Thanks for the support!!!

Medication taken.

Breakfast - two scrambled eggs(2 carbs) mixed with 1/2 and 1/2(2 carbs). Two slices of lc bread(12 carbs). lc ketchup(4 carbs). three lite sausage links(3 carbs). Oh my goodness!!!!! That is 23 carbs! If I were still on induction, that would be more than my entire day in one meal. No wonder the scale has been standing still. I guess I do need to monitor, weigh, count, and/or measure my carbs. Oh yeah----and water (0 carbs!!!!)

Plan for breakfast tomorrow---skip the 1/2 and 1/2. Only one egg. One sausage link if any. I usually don't have them. Just one piece of bread. I can't give up that lc ketchup. That stuff is the best. This plan will bring the carbs down to 12. I might have to give up my beloved ketchup. I will check the salsa label. I have to have some tomato zest with eggs. I think they are boring tasting otherwise. If I eliminate the ketchup, I am down to 8 carbs.

Goals for the rest of today----

1. munch on sliced turkey every few hours, so that I don't have big lapses in eating. I think this frequent eating also helps keep your metabolism going.

2. Go to bed before midnight.

3. Be kind to myself and others.

4. Clean off the chair.

5. Do 2 loads of laundry.

Update----1:37 p.m.
I am so happy to read the journals of the other WISHer's. It is inspiring and wonderful. Today, however, as proud and happy as I am for everyone that is losing weight, is as angry and curious as I am for myself. I have been doing an excellent job, I thought, with my plan since October 16. I have only lost 10 pounds. How is that possible. It's been almost three months!!! I need to vent. I have been patient and committed, but pretty soon, someone will have to commit me. I am so frustrated today. My scale doesn't change from week to week. I am trying to have a game plan in my head here. I will not give up, because the alternative to staying the course ( some course) is to go back to what I was doing. I will not do that. I will not!

Options:
1. Try another program altogether.
2. Since I just started adding exercise, wait a specified time longer to see how that helps.
3. Keep doing what I am doing - Atkins/low carb.
4. Seek counseling
5. Write to the Atkins people for some advice?????? I don't know if they do that from their website or not.
6. Go back to induction, which I am not far from now.

I have a physical scheduled on the 29th. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow to get the bloodwork done ahead of time. Maybe my thyroid has slowed even more, and I need my medication increased.

Food update:

Breakfast----as above.

Lunch---one lite cheese stick (less than 1 carb). One can of albacore tuna with mayo (0 carbs). Water (20 oz.)

I am sorry if I offended anyone who is reading. I am so happy for everyone else, I am just wondering what is wrong with me. I don't want it to seem like I want anyone to feel sorry for me. I am just angry. I don't even think I am feeling sorry for myself. Maybe I am. I don't know. I just feel frustrated.:crazy: :bounce: pirate:

You took your meds. Way to go. Reading your breakfast made me hungry.;) I'm glad you have a plan for snacking today. That's huge. If you like, you could come and do my laundry. I've got 7 loads to do today.:rolleyes: Great job on the treaddie. Be good to yourself today.
Have a great cheat free day.
Beth

Hi A!

I am so proud of you and your training for the marathon. I may not be there in person but I will be there in spirit cheering you on!

You say the lc ketchup is good? Hmm, I'll have to check it out. I hope you manage to get to bed tonight before midnight. Take care of yourself!

Okay. Final evening journaling.

More cleaning of the dungeon at my father's house. I hope I never accumulate things like that. I am starting to, so I am going to be on a mission after his move to unclutter my own life.

Breakfast - the deluxe egg sandwich posted above.

Lunch - cheese stick and tuna posted above.

Snack - can't remember. If I had one, it was a cheese stick.

Dinner - half piece of the leftover mushroom turkey meatloaf about 3 ounces. About 1 1/2 cups of leftover antipasto salad. Mostly lettuce with some olives and pepperoni. Ranch dressing. Diet ginger ale.

Edit---9:57p.m.
Snack --- 14 whole raw almonds
1 ounce cheese
decaf coffee with 1/2 and 1/2

I am still feeling awful as I stated above. I feel I have been patient and persistent.

I may try to do treadie tonight to relieve some of my negative energy.

:mad: :mad: :bounce: :bounce:

A, I wish I could give you some advice but I'm at a loss right now. I'll be thinking about your slow loss and hoping that some research on the web will lead me to some idea to help you. I'm glad to hear you have a physical scheduled soon and I like your idea of getting some of the bloodwork done early so you and your doctor can discuss the results.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

:hug:

Making some alterations to my plan. Will see how they help.

Medicine taken...

Breakfast--
2 eggs
skim milk in eggs
lite cheese
1 tbsp low carb ketchup
3 slices bacon
20 ounces of water

Update: 9:49 am
1.56 miles on treadmill.
40 minutes

Update: 4:00 pm
Snack --- lite cheese stick
lunch ---- about 5 oz white roasted chicken
mixed lettuce salad with olive oil parm salad dressing
water - about 16 oz.
Snack ---- lite cheese stick

Update 12:21 am (the next day)
5:30 pm Dinner ---- 1/2 pound of chicken salad from the grocery store. Made with chicken, mayo, and celery only.
Garden Salad with three small slices of hard boiled egg and about one ounce of cheese. Lite italian dressing. Bottle of water. A few bites of roasted veggies--zucchini (sp?), mushroom

9:00 pm Snack --- three slices of deli turkey. a handful of lettuce, some green beans, and about 1-2 tablespoons of italian dressing. water.

Hi A!

I got your pm and responded to you. I am here to support you in any way that I can. It's good to see you took your meds right off and the exercise you are doing is very good. Keep it up and you'll be ready for the marathon in no time.

A1, Sorry I haven't been around. I haven't made it near my computer in a couple of days. I'm so glad you've been taking your meds as scheduled. (I'm a nurse, I have to nag) I'm glad you're getting the bloodwork in advance.. It will save some phonetag if things need adjusting. You've been doing great on the teaddie. You are gearing up for the marathon. Way to go. I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time at your dad's. Feel free to pm me, if you need to vent. :grouphug: and pixie dust headed your way.
Beth

Thank you Strings!!! I appreciate the gentle reminders on the medication. Glad you are back. I have missed you.......

I have been doing steady work/labor since 11 am. I am exhausted. Everything seems to hurt.

Lisa, according to SBD what do you think???
I may have had a mishap with food tonight. It was about 9 pm, and I was hungry. I had about three slices of deli turkey with a small handful of lettuce and green beans--also about a tablespoon of olive oil vin. dressing. I wrapped the lettuce and beans in the turkey. Also had water. I didn't want to eat that late, but was stressed, tired, and hungry.

My father's house is a carb-laden nightmare. He's got lots of highly processed frozen dinners, and not much else. I will be going back there again tomorrow. Ugh! This is the last day to pack, and it looks like heck. Doesn't look like anyone's moving. Just looks like a mess. Stuff all over. There isn't one single room that is completely packed.

I'm tired, but I had a pretty good food day. Just wish I could have resisted the late night snack.

I will update the dinner in my earlier post, so that I have all the food on the same day. Makes it easier for me to look back.

Another new day, and it's already warmed up to 0 degrees. A heat wave here. Looking forward to another opportunity to do my best.

Goals for today
1. take medication
2. walk on treadie
3. be productive in the dungeon
4. stay positive
5. eat on plan somehow (challenge at df's house)

7:00 am
Meds taken::yes::

8:00 am
Breakfast --- two egg cheddar cheese omelet. 5 slices of bacon. coffee with 1/2 and 1/2. 20 ounces of water. 10 almonds.
(Probably too much bacon.)

10:00 am
Treadie walk. 18 minutes. 3/4 mile.

10:30 am
Snack ---about 15-20 raw almonds

2:00 pm
Lunch --- spinach and feta cheese omelet. Small salad with 1-2 oz feta. O/V salad dressing. 4-5 slices of bacon. Water.

4:30 pm
Snack --- 5 raw almonds. Lite cheese stick. Water.

6:45 pm
Waiting for the tow truck to pick up my vehicle. The breaks are growling at me. Will have to postpone dinner.

12:30 am Friday
Tow truck came.
7:00pm Dinner --- 3-4 slices deli turkey. 4 slices of bacon. 1-2 cups lettuce. 2-3 tablespoons ranch dressing. Water.

10:00 pm Snack --- about 20 raw almonds.

1:00 am Snack --- stress of kitty being sick---two slices of deli turkey.

Glad I did treadie this morning, because there is no way I could do it now. Tons and tons of snow here. Cold and damp. Chilled to the bone.

Have a great day everyone.......

It's chilly here too, A! I'm looking forward to spring already! We're scheduled to get a few inches of snow tonight. :(

Sorry to hear that things aren't going better at your dad's house. Here's some magic packing pixie dust :wizard: to help you get it all where it needs to go quickly. I'm sure you are exhausted and when this is finished you will feel so much better!

You seem to be doing well with your food. Jackie (ibouncetoo) wrote in my journal that she can sometimes break her stalled weight loss with a day or two of eating more calories than usual - boosts the metabolism. I thought about you immediately - maybe it would work? Please remember though that you should concentrate on eating healthy food - not bingeing on junk food. Fruit would be a good way to add in extra carbs and calories, and you haven't been eating it lately.

By the way, are you taking a multivitamin? You should be, just to make sure you're getting the basic vitamins and minerals. I've been using Centrum lately. Some vitamin deficiencies can cause you to stop losing weight, I think.

Hang in there, A! Spring is coming, your dad's house will be finished in the near future, the scale will start moving, you'll be getting some advice from your doctor - everything looks positive for the future, girlfriend!

Hope your day feels good! :sunny:

Thanks so much Doe. I have to keep all of this in perspective. I am proud of myself for making some very positive changes in my life. I will never give this up. I am becoming more of the person I want to be, and I hope that I should be. I deserve to be a healthier person. My dd deserves to have a healthier mom.

I ate a pretty high calorie breakfast. I hope that was okay. I will post it above in my daily food post.

Thanks again for the support. Looking forward to meeting you at the 1/2 marathon. :hyper:

Hi A!

Just me, one of your WISH buddies checking in with you. I am sorry you are feeling so tired. I do know when I started SBD that I felt sluggish off and on for the first week and then felt this rush of energy. It was great. But in the beginning I would come home from work at 6:00 and fall in the bed. I thought to myself that if this is what not eating carbs and sugar are going to do for me - forget it! But the feeling did pass, I just had to ride it out. It probably doesn't help that you are so busy helping out with your Dad's place but hang in there!

I did respond to your pm of yesterday afternoon. I'm trying to get used to checking that thing! I hope you have a great afternoon and in the words of Alicia Keyes keep in mind "Baby you know I'm worth it"! You are worth all the effort that goes into this woe and and we will be here to cheer you on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter