"Oh I lost my...again" An April 2012 TR ***Day 4:Done From Memory 7/6

dramaqueenemj22

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm Em and I'm starting my first ever Trip Report! Before I left I knew I was going to do a trip report on this trip so I brought a notebook and took notes so hopefully my reporting of this trip will be good. So I guess I'll start with the who, the what, the when, the why and the where. Although I will be ending with who.

The What:
A Walt Disney World Vacation :thumbsup2

The When:
My April Vacation

The Why:
This trip was my high school graduation present. I was given to options either I could go on a seven day cruise or I could spend seven days in Disney world with my mom, her best friend and her friend's children. Well I chose the latter which is probably making a lot people go What? :scared1: Why?:confused3 Would you chose ciaos instead of relaxation? And I chose to go with them because I wanted to Disney through little kids eyes!

The Where
Disney's Old Key West

The Who:
Me: Like I said I'm Em and I'm a soon to be high school grad! :cool1::banana: And when I say soon I mean 54 days but whose counting LOL. Anywho I'm going on to college for Education and special education and hopefully I will do the Disney College Program. I'm shy when you first meet but as you get to know me I'm very outgoing as you may see in some of the pictures. My favorite character is Stitch.
288-EmmaJudyandStitich.jpg

Mama Jay: Mama Jay is my mom and one of my best friends (I know, weird but true). I'll be calling her Mama Jay because whenever I talk about her I call in Mama our last name which start with "J" so I figured I'll call her Mama Jay. My mom is a Disney fan and loves Disney cuz it gets her away from reality. She isn't a big fan of Animals but we did her to go into Animal Kingdom this year which is a pretty big deal. Her favorite character is Pooh.
105-MamaJudyandEmmaJudy.jpg

Sara: Sara is my mom's best friends.They are like sisters. They live about 15-20 minutes away from us so we see them pretty often. She grew up in Florida so when she'd go to Disney it wold be like day trips instead of a real vacation so by going to Disney on this trip it was like a whole new experiece. Her favorite chacater is eeroye. She request that we don't put any pictures of her online so I'm going to repect her on that.

Cole: Cole is Sara's 9 year old son. Cole has done one day trip to Disney so we were counting this as his first real Disney Trip. Cole thinks about everything in a very engineer way so he asks a lot of questions. He also doesn't like surprises so he would ask a lot of questions before going on a ride. I don't know who his favorite character is but I do know that he LOVES the Haunted Mainson.
117-ColeCimbaro.jpg

Sophie: Last but certianly not least is Sophie. Sophie is Sara's 3 year old daughter. She has never been to Disney before. She is very outgoing and sweet. Her favorite characters are Minnie Mouse (she watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) and Belle.
125-SophieCimbaro.jpg

There were a couple other guest apperence through out the trip of others but I'll talk about them later. I will try to get the first real update on hear for either later tonight or tomorrow.

You're off to a great start!

I would totally pick disney over a cruise any day....even with kids!

So, to start the trip report I think the best place to start is the morning we were going to leave. And I guess I should give you a heads up that this update doesn’t have any pictures…sorry.

We leaving our house on a Saturday and our goal was to leave the house at about 8:30ish. But because it was the day I was leaving for Disney World so I woke up at 5:30 AM. So, I went down to my living room and watched a couple episodes of Married with Children on TBS.

Finally Mama Jay got up and hopped in the shower. I brought our luggage into the car. Walked our dog Rosie and got her in the car. We hung out in the car for a little while, while we waited for Mama Jay to finish in the shower.

Finally it was time to leave the house and bring Rosie to the Vet where she was staying. We had to spend some time to get a checkup for her. But after all that was done we gave her hugs and kisses goodbye and left the vet

934-467-97_9zp9_189.jpg
(Since I don't have any Disney photos I decide to show you a picture of my lovely dog Rosie)

The next stop of the morning was Dunkin Donuts. I go a Hot chocolate and bagel. Mama jay decidce not to get anything because she didn’t want the sugar because she was driving and didn’t want to crash on sugar high. After run through the drive thru we stoped at the grocery store to get batteries and something else we needed for the trip…I forget what it was. And our final stop was gas.

We live in New England but we were flying out of Newark so we had a nice two hour drive ahead of us. We were burrowing Sara’s GPS because we didn’t know how to get to the airport. Now for any of you who may have notice that we never ran into Sara or the kids yet. Well like I said earlier Sara is originally from Florida so she left before us to spend some time with her family in Florida and we would be meeting them there later. With the GPS it gives you an estimated time of arrival at Newark being 12:02 PM .

This trip to Newark was Mama Jay’s first time driving with the GPS and the voice drove her crazy espically anytime it said recalculating. But still as we were driving she informed me that she wanted to name it. She said she wanted to name it something that describes how it keeps you safe. And almost immediately we came up with the name “Sadie”. And by the time we arrived I realized that Mama Jay had a love/hate relationship with GPS.

Finally after a few hours of steady traffic we were arriving at the Parking Spot at about 12:30, about half hour after the original estimated arrival time. But that was all okay because we left our house hours and hours before our flight to account for traffic.

We unpacked the car and waited for the next shuttle to airport. When it arrived the driver loaded our stuff up and we got in the shuttle. We were the only two people on it. But let’s just say our driver was on of the worse drivers in history. He was taking sharp turns, braking quickly. It made Mama Jay turn to me and say, “I guess we’re on our first Disney ride.”

Well that’s all for today. I'll probably do another one this weekend to keep it moving, espically while everything is fresh in my mind.

Where I left off yesterday we were on our “first Disney ride” or the Spot Parking Bus. Luckily for us it was a short ride because we were flying out terminal A. We got to the airport at 1:05 and hopped of the bus as fast as we good.

After getting off the bus and collecting our stuff we headed into the airport and stopped by the JetBlue check-in desk to see how early we could check-in and we found out we had about another half hour before we could check-in so we ran to the bathroom and decide that we both pretty hunger. The closest restaurant inside the airport was Tony Roma’s. Neither of had ever been there but we were gonna give it a shot anyways. We both got appetizer sizes meals. I got the buffalo chicken bites and Mama Jay got the appetizer sampler. At the end of the meal we figured we probably could have split appetizer sampler.

After our lunch at Tony Roma’s we headed to the JetBlue check-in desk and checked in, gave them our luggage knowing we wouldn’t see it again until the Magical Express dropped it off later. Our next step of the day was to head through security. That part was the most chaotic part of the airport for us. There lines were not organized causing a lot a confusion but once we were out we were good to go.

We found a place to sit and wait another two hours for our flights. I watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Mama Jay read a book on her Nook and then played Sudoku on it. After the flight before us at our gate boarded we moved closer to the gate and got a seat next to one of their charging center so that I could charge my laptop some more.

While we were seating there we realized the flight infront of us wasn’t moving which was worrying us and making us worried our flight would be majorly delayed or our gate would be moved. And then in flies a pigeon! Which causes everyone to get excited, kids were chasing it, people were taking picture of it on their smart phones and it was all anyone could talk about. But all me and Mama Jay could talk about was how it was gonna poop on someone’s head or bag.

As our flight was getting Mama Jay went to grab some food for her for the plane then it was my turn. There was an Earl of Sandwich in our terminal and I heard so many raves about it from people who had it at Downtown Disney so I figured why not try it. But I must say I didn’t like it. I found the beard to be soggy.

Our plane did turn out to be ten to fifteen minutes delay but soon enough it was time to board the plane. And that is where I’ll leave you for now. I’m sorry that this one doesn’t have any pictures either but I promise that the next one will have pictures.

Better for the pigeon to be in the terminal then being sucked into the plane engine.:rotfl:

I'd be worried about the poop too!

When we last left off me and Mama Jay had just boarded our plane which had been delayed a couple minutes. Because we were flying JetBlue we got free direct tv so I settle in to my seat and watched The Proposal. I was very excited because I had seen the movie when it was the theatres but hadn’t see in since and it gave me something to focus on instead of being anxious because I was so close to Disney world. The length of the movie lasted almost perfectly and before I knew it was 8:15 and we were landing in Orlando!

We were off the Plane in less in then fifteen minutes and Mama Jay did a quick bathroom run while I called Sara. She told me that her and the kids had checked-in and gave us our room number, I believe it was 1221 so we were right near the hospitality house. Before I knew it we were on the airport monorail.

001-MamaJudyandEm.jpg

Me and Mama Jay on the airport monorail.

Every time me and Mama Jay get off the plane we always without fail can’t remember which terminal the Magical Express is in. So, we stepped to the side pulled out the directions to the Magical Express checked where we going and then we were seeing theses lovely signs.

002-OnthewaytotheMExpress.jpg

003-OnthewaytotheMExpress.jpg

004-OnthewaytotheMExpress.jpg

005-OnthewaytotheMExpress.jpg

006-OnthewaytotheMExpress.jpg

007-onthewaytotheMExpress.jpg

009-MagicalExpress.jpg

We were put on bus right away. And only had to wait a couple minutes before it was 8:57 and we were pulling out of MCO. The bus was about 50% full. But there was a cute family up a few rows ahead of us who had three cute blonde boys who were very young and close together in age. Well I guess they were told that they could “relax” whatever that means to a little boy once they were on vacation. SO the youngest little boy asked his parents were they on vacation yet. Well as soon as they promo movie started he asleep on his mom’s lap.

We pulled under the Walt Disney World sign at 9:21! Everyone cheered were happy to be at Disney World. Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of the sign because of where we were sitting and that it was dark out.

When we got to Old Key West we were able to get off the bus and head right to our room. One of the benefits to meeting someone there and having them check-in. When we got there they were all up waiting for us along with these beauties.

010-DisneyPins.jpg

Sorry the picture is blurry. But my mom had the pins ready for when they checked in. Sara’s birthday was the week before our trip. It was Cole and Sophie’s “first” real trip and I was celebrating my high school graduation.
Mama Jay and Sara went out to grab some stuff and General Conch’s and I introduce the kids to the Must-Dos with Stacy.

We waited until about 11 for our luggage to show up before Mama Jay called and they told her that it wasn’t going to be delivered until the next morning. Now that disappointed me because I like to shower at night because my hair is so thick that letting it dry overnight makes it easier to handle. And of course my shampoo and conditioner was in my luggage

But if I remember correctly I was so tired that night that I went to bed only a little disappointed and ready to start the day tomorrow. And wondering what our first day would bring. So I’ll leave you with this question…where would we be spending our first day?

Better late than never...I am joining in for all the fun!

I love reading about kids first trips! Their faces are always priceless!!:goodvibes

Better late than never...I am joining in for all the fun!

I love reading about kids first trips! Their faces are always priceless!!:goodvibes

Welcome and don't worry you're not to late. We still have six more days to go! And there are deff some cute pictures to come.

So, I was not planning on doing this entry today, I was going to save it fow later thisweek but my orignal plans got cancelled so I figured why not Dis? But now that that's over lets get on with the show.

For our first morning we got ourselves a wake up call which quickly became part of our morning routine. Mama Jay and Sara showered and everyone got dressed and ready for a day at…

ANIMAL KINGDOM!!!

While waiting for everyone to get ready I snapped some picture of me, Sophie and Cole.

011-SophieandColeCimbaro.jpg

I love Sophie's face in this picture

012-SophieCimbaroandEmmaJudy.jpg

We made our way to the bus stop and everyone was excited for their first Disney day. Before we knew our bus was there. I’m sorry I didn’t take notes counting the buses or anything like some diser do but I do know we only waited a couple minutes. I did however check my phone when we were pulling out and it was 9:45 AM.

I haven’t been to Animal Kingdom in many years but the one thing I always seem to remember that the ride is sooo long. But we eventually did make it to Animal Kingdom.

014-ColeandSophieCimbaro.jpg

002-EmmaJudyandSophieCimbaro.jpg

015-EmmaJudySophieandColeCimbaro.jpg

016-AnimalKingdom.jpg

As we were walking in we saw Goofy but oopted not to see him because there was such a long line. When we got to the gate all over our tickets had trouble letting us in. We never did find out why but the cast member let us in.
Once inside the Park Mama Jay went to get Sophie her stroller and Sara and Cole went to grab him an autograph book.

017-SophieCimbaro.jpg

018-SophieCimbaro.jpg

003-EmmaJudy.jpg

After everyone situate we decide the first the ride we wanted to hit up was Killajari Safari. Everything I’ve heard here on Dis and Mama Jay and Sara had heard that the early you get the more animals you get to see. Lucky for us the wait was only 20 minutes so we made the way through the line pretty quick. Not I don’t know if I mention this earlier but Mama Jay doesn’t not like animals so she became the bag lady for that ride. I took a lot of pictures on the safari so I hope you don’t get to0 bored of my pictures.

027-KillajariSafari.jpg

032-EmmaJudyandSophie.jpg

035-KillajariSafari.jpg

037-KillajariSafari.jpg

039-killajariSafari.jpg

I love seeing the people working on the safari

040-TermitehillKillajariSafari.jpg

045-KillajariSafari.jpg

049-KillajariSafari.jpg

050-KillajariSafari.jpg

051-KillajariSafari.jpg

052-KillajariSafari.jpg

053-KillajariSafari.jpg

055-KillajariSafari.jpg

059-KillajariSafari.jpg

This one is my favorite, if you look carefully you can see a warthog hiding in its burrow.

Well I’ll leave you guys here for now, again with a question, Where in the Jungle will they go next?

Yesterday I wanted to crank out my Safari update and share my pictures because I was so excited to talk about the ride that I forgot to talk about the ride itself. :confused3

Anywho, I just thought I'd mention that I did like the ride and we had a good and enthuastic tour guide. For Sophie it was hard to see any of the animals while sitting alone on the bench because the jeeps wall were too high. So about half way through the ride I moved her so she was on my lap and could see better. Holding her on my lap made it hard to take pictures but I was determined to get them. I think Sara and Cole thought the ride was cool and Sophie was a little overwhelm. Something you'll see a lot

I'll do a real update in the next couple days.

Hi there, fellow grad! I'm headed down in June so it's nice to hear that other seniors are taking graduation trips and it's really cool to get an entire trip report! :woohoo:
I'm totally with you on the "through a child's eye" thing... there's definitely something to be said for losing yourself in the magic! pixiedust: (And in the sake of full disclosure, I probably act more like a kid than half of the actual kids I see down there... :rolleyes1)
Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Hi there, fellow grad! I'm headed down in June so it's nice to hear that other seniors are taking graduation trips and it's really cool to get an entire trip report! :woohoo:
I'm totally with you on the "through a child's eye" thing... there's definitely something to be said for losing yourself in the magic! pixiedust: (And in the sake of full disclosure, I probably act more like a kid than half of the actual kids I see down there... :rolleyes1)
Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Well Welcome! I'm so glad to get another grad reading my trip report. I hope you enjoy and I hope you have fun on your grad trip!

So, I guess thought I’d let you know this section has very few pictures so I might just throw some of random Animal Kingdom ones to keep things fun and moving.

So, when we last left off, Sara, Sophie, Cole and I had gone on a safari and liked it. Before going on the ride we had set up a meeting place we Mama Jay which was right outside the Tusker House. Which I never have been too although I have heard that it’s good. Is it worth checking out at one point? Sorry for the side track. Once we got into view of the benches we didn’t see Mama Jay so I pulled out my cell phone and gave her a quick call. When I was talking to her I heard her say “I’m past the stores on the left.”

Well me and Sara looked to the left and then looked to the right. We couldn’t figure out where she was talking about. But then we remembered there were stories just over the bridge by pizzasafiri. So, we crossed the bridge and looked there but still could not find us. Although sudden I heard Mama Jay calling my name. I turned around and there she was walking towards us pushing the stroller. It turned that Mama Jay had said "I'm past the strollers on the left"

When we got back together I checked the time and it was about 11 o’clock. So, suggest that we stop for lunch and eat and then head of to watch Festival of the Lion King knowing that was one of the only attraction that Mama Jay likes. Mama Jay felt that I was pressuring them to move to fast but remembered that Pizzasafiri had really good chocolate cake so we all decide to stop and eat lunch.
Now I may not have mentioned before but we were on the meal plan. So, we were able to get a drink, entrée and dessert. So, I got a cheese pizza, water and chocolate mousse. I really enjoyed the food and thought it was good for a counter service.

After lunch I re-suggest we head over to Festival of the Lion King but for some reason, although I don’t remember why we decide not to do it. Instead we headed over to Kali River Rapids.
061-AnimalKingdom.jpg

060-AnimalKingdom.jpg

When we were walking up the wait time jump from 40 minutes to 20 minutes and we were very excited to hop on and try it out.
We made it through the line pretty quickly and before we knew it we were at the front of the line. We were loaded into the boat first. Because of Sophie’s height she was in the seat with the extra lap bar but wanted to sit next to me and Sara. But the guy loading the raft wouldn’t let us do that so it ended up being, me alone, Mama Jay and Cole in seat pairing and Sophie and Sara in another and then they added to other families in. While we getting ready to go we tried to guess which seats would get the most wet.

Well low and behold, it was Sophie and Sara. And getting soaking wet scared Sophie and she cried for the rest of the ride. When we got off Sara told Cole that maybe they would be able to go on it again and that scared Sophie and she cried “No, I don’t wanna go again!”

When we got off the ride we discussed where to go next. I said that I wanted to go to Expeditious Everest so maybe I should do it while we were so close and that maybe I could meet them up with them in Dino-land. And both Mama Jay and Sara agreed to that so headed off while Sophie and Cole played in a fountain/watery thing.
010-SophieandColeCimbaro.jpg

009-ColeCimbaro.jpg

When I left them
063-AnimalKingdom.jpg

062-AnimalKingdom.jpg

So, I ran off to the Expeditious Everest line see the fast pass lane and a 20 minute wait for the stand by and thought okay cool. So I could in line and people watch. Well there was a couple in front of me who was probably my age, maybe on their senior trip (we saw a lot of senior trips and band trips while down there). Well this couple decides to either make out or stare deeply into each other eyes for the whole line which made me want to go ughh. :sick: Like I’m all for being in love but you really don’t need to make out in line front of people and/or in public.

Well finally we get to the front of the line where I discovered that there was a Single Riders line for Expeditious Everest! I could have gone in a shorter line and not been with the kissy kissy couple!

So, I got into my car with someone else who had done the smart way and go single rider. I really enjoyed the ride and liked going backwards and forward; although I will be honest I did keep my eyes close because I’m a jumpy person and was afraid of the monster jumping out. :rolleyes1LOL

Well that’s it for today. I’ll leave you with these questions; will I easily be able to find the rest of the group? What else do we have plan for the day? And how will Sophie like her first character meet?

In all the TR and PTR I've read in the past I have always enjoyed when the people do quick real life updates as their reports are going, so I thought I'd do a quick Real Life Update and then I'll work on another installment of this trip report.

So, as I told you at the begin of this Trip Report I am a soon to be high school graduate and last night was our senior prom. Although for the days before the prom I was dealing with all the high school drama that goes along with prom it was one of the best days of my life so far. Here are a couple of quick pictures of me at the prom.

002-SeniorProm.jpg

Me and my dog, I'm squating like a Disney Princess and I felt one with all the layers in my dresses skirt part.

004-Seniorprom.jpg

006-SeniorProm.jpg

006-SeniorProm.jpg

008-SeniorProm.jpg

Me and Mama Jay having some fun, but here's a more serious one of us.
014-SeniorProm.jpg

Alright, so I have to do some quick chores and then I'll start working on the next update for this Trip Report.

So, when we left off about a week ago I had just gotten of EE and was on search for the rest of the group.

Once pulling over to the side I pulled out my cell phone and called Mama Jay to find out where they were. She told me they were in Dino land and had just gotten off the Dinosaur Version of Dumbo, whatever that’s called.

I slowly made my way through Asia, passed the Finding Nemo show (one I wanted to see one of these trips), and into Dino land. It took me a few minutes of walking around Dino land to find them. When I caught up with them Cole asked me if I would take him on the Dino-Rama ride and I figured since I loved thrill ride like those I would take him on it. It was about a 20 minute ride and we kept our eyes out for people wearing Angry Bird and Phineas and Ferb shirts because he loves those game and show. We did see a few.

As we got closer to the ride he started asking me some of those hard questions that kids like to ask before going on a ride. He asked me how fast the ride cars went and if I thought the ride would be scary? Neither of which did I know the answer to. I had been on the ride one time before, year ago probably right around the time that part of the park opened.

Once we got to the front of the line and we were loaded into a car with a man and his daughter who was about Cole’s age. It was their first time as well. I enjoyed the ride but Cole did not. He did not like the speed of the ride and was a little freaked out by going backwards.

Once we got off the ride I called Mama Jay but she didn’t pick up and I called Sara she didn’t pick up. So, me and Cole just headed in the direction of where they were supposed to be. Finally they called me back and we met back up. While me and Cole were on the ride Sophie met her first characters, Goofy and Pluto.

011-SophieCimbarowithPlutoandGoofy.jpg

012-SophieCimbarowithPlutoandGoofy.jpg

013-SophieCimbarowithPlutoandGoofy.jpg

I love this picture because she just looks so proud.

You can tell how happy she is right?
Once we met back up we sat down for a little while. I needed to relax a little cuz I wasn’t feeling too well. I think it was because of lack of sleep, a little bit of dehydration, and going on three thriller ride within about 80 minutes of each other. But finally I was feeling better and we headed over toward the Festival of the Lion King. On the way to the show we had to goals in mind: to find the stroller and get me some powerade to hopefully make me feel better.

064-AnimalKingdom.jpg

065-AnimalKingdom.jpg

When we got back in the area of EE Mama Jay and Sara decide to do one more lap around Dino land around looking for the stroller but before we knew it they were back without the stroller.

We continued on our way to Festival of the Lion King and looking for powerade for me. Finally we came across some. We had to wait in quite a line but for me it was very much worth it.

In the line they had one of those buckets filled with ice and had water bottles in it. Sophie, like other three year old started touching the ice, but Mama Jay told her to stop saying it was gross. Well before we knew it the girl behind us picked up a piece of ice wiped it across her forehead and then put it back into the bucket. I was thoroughly disgusted by that, it seems totally un-sanitizer.

While waiting in ine I checked the time and realized that we had missed the Festival of the Lion King and that was the last show we’d be able to see today because Sophie needed to take a nap and we had some ADR that night. So we slowly made our way out of the park and headed back to OKW for a quick nap.

UP NEXT: Our ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts