***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="PrincessV, post: 57649688, member: 119896"
Head to our FoP FP at least an hour early, just in case that's getting backed up
[/QUOTE]

I'll be there Monday with an evening FP for NRJ and Wednesday with an afternoon FP for FoP. It hadn't occurred to me that my FP window could expire before I hit the tapstiles. How is this handled? Is everyone just queuing up early? I've never attended a new land around opening before.

[QUOTE="PrincessV, post: 57649688, member: 119896"
Head to our FoP FP at least an hour early, just in case that's getting backed up

I'll be there Monday with an evening FP for NRJ and Wednesday with an afternoon FP for FoP. It hadn't occurred to me that my FP window could expire before I hit the tapstiles. How is this handled? Is everyone just queuing up early? I've never attended a new land around opening before.[/QUOTE]
I think they are thinking the land might be closed and getting in might take an hour, If the FP line is that long they will let you in with your FP and they may stop the stand by line and just do FP ( I have seen them do this when RnR was down for a few hour and ever one that had FP when it was closed got an any time FP came at the same time. This is just my guess I have heard nothing fro Disney at all.

show up at 8 or before they will set you at 8 am even with a 8:30 eat and try to be out by 845 if not earlier and you should beat the RD crowded my a few seconds to a minute or two.

Thank you very much for that tip. We will try that.

To be honest it took me an hour including the ride to do it in preview. It might be the first ride I wasn't uphappy for waiting and probably would have been ok with double the wait.. But, I wasn't trying to do the whole park that day so it didnt' matter if it took longer, I wasn't missing out on anything else so I might be a little jadded/blind to what the impact of that long off a wait really was.

I think this is an important point. Like me, I had nothing else to do, so I don't mind being in line for a long time or in Pandora all day and missing the rest of the park.

I think good general advice for the next year especially the next couple months is it might take you a day just to try everything in pandora. If you love ak, it's a 2 day park if you include pandora in those plans because of lines. It's going to trickle into the rest of ak as people frustrated try to find something to accomplish.. Plan around it taking a full day to enjoy pandora and have another loose day for the rest of AK and I think you'll be successful and happy. Even if you fastpass FOP, you might get back in to see the standby line. a lot of the "wow" images coming out the last few weeks are in the standby line for FOP.. To see it, you have to wait in line and this was the best park of the preview to be able to have an empty standby line to just go in and explore it.

go in mentally prepared and you'll come out happy. It also doesn't hurt that all the moving water around pandora creates a cooler breeze and in some places a mist that is cooler.. It's probably the only comfortable area of AK in the heat.

On your toes as your feet didn't reach the floor.?. like is it a raised seat? I ask cause I have trouble being one leg back while just sitting down.
my feet can hit the floor I just can not have my feet behind my knees and so being on my toes was how I did it if that make since but never really thought about it too much I just remember being on my toes some

If the FP line is backed up or not moving, the CMs will be well aware of that. Anyone with a FP during that affected timeframe will still be able to enter the FP line; they won't be turning anyone away.
So if I have a FP for 1:35 when should I head for the FP entrance?

I'll be there Monday with an evening FP for NRJ and Wednesday with an afternoon FP for FoP. It hadn't occurred to me that my FP window could expire before I hit the tapstiles. How is this handled? Is everyone just queuing up early? I've never attended a new land around opening before.
I think they are thinking the land might be closed and getting in might take an hour, If the FP line is that long they will let you in with your FP and they may stop the stand by line and just do FP ( I have seen them do this when RnR was down for a few hour and ever one that had FP when it was closed got an any time FP came at the same time. This is just my guess I have heard nothing fro Disney at all.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I remembered reading that when FEA opened they did FP only, but my last visit was right before that ride opened.

We were able to use our "No Strings Attached" Fastpass on FoP this morning. We were at the front of the rope when they announced the soft opening so we rode once standby then used the FP. We got two of these FP's from BOG earlier in our trip. We tried to use the second one on NRJ and was told they won't be accepting them for at least the first 3 months... so I'm not sure what the official policy on the No Strings Attached FP is.

No strings attached ... except, for you know, at least this one string

When I think about 4hr wait times being posted for ANYTHING, I just cannot understand getting in line. I've NEVER waited in line this long for ANYTHING -- and will never.

That's not true... I waited longer to buy GnR/Metallica joint concert tix in 1991. That concert ended in a crazy riot -- pretty unforgettable; never regretted THAT wait. :D

I think they are thinking the land might be closed and getting in might take an hour...
Yes, exactly that. Our plan wasn't to enter Pandora until our FoP FP, but with the possibility of Pandora closing on and off, I'd rather get in there earlier.

I think good general advice for the next year especially the next couple months is it might take you a day just to try everything in pandora. If you love ak, it's a 2 day park if you include pandora in those plans because of lines. It's going to trickle into the rest of ak as people frustrated try to find something to accomplish.. Plan around it taking a full day to enjoy pandora and have another loose day for the rest of AK and I think you'll be successful and happy. Even if you fastpass FOP, you might get back in to see the standby line. a lot of the "wow" images coming out the last few weeks are in the standby line for FOP.. To see it, you have to wait in line and this was the best park of the preview to be able to have an empty standby line to just go in and explore it.

go in mentally prepared and you'll come out happy. It also doesn't hurt that all the moving water around pandora creates a cooler breeze and in some places a mist that is cooler.. It's probably the only comfortable area of AK in the heat.
:thumbsup2 All of that is exactly my plan for summer. I have a few AK days planned, Pandora FPs spread around across them, so that we can take our time exploring the new land and also have plenty of time to visit the rest of AK.

When I think about 4hr wait times being posted for ANYTHING, I just cannot understand getting in line. I've NEVER waited in line this long for ANYTHING -- and will never.

That's not true... I waited longer to buy GnR/Metallica joint concert tix in 1991. That concert ended in a crazy riot -- pretty unforgettable; never regretted THAT wait. :D

I waited 4 hours in line a couple years ago during Star Wars Weekend for the gift shop "Darths Maul". Such a brutal slow moving line which was mainly out in the sun. But in my defense, I had no clue it would be anywhere close to that long. But after an hour in line you pretty much just get the mentality "well I've waited this long...".

Needless to say my wife is glad SWW is no more because she was there with me lmao.

But on topic of Pandora..I think there will be a bunch of people that will bear an insane posted wait just because they don't know when or if they'll be at Disney again. I personally wouldn't wait more than an hour for any ride

We are doing something similar. First evening hitting 2 other FP rides then FP NRJ and explore Pandora at night. Then Wed. afternoon and evening FP planned for FoP and RoL.

I think someone else already asked this question, but I haven't seen an answer so giving it another shot! Does anyone know if they will have designated lines for morning EMH tomorrow? Planning on getting there early-ish and don't want to get into a line that is already full of people for non-EMH hours.

you have to line up wherever the touch points are uncovered. This is one of the first things they came around to do.

There was also an AP line (far right) which they opened up for EMH / DVC Pandora that day. Not sure how many touch points will be used tomorrow.

People tend to automatically line up behind whomever is first. On Monday there were only a couple entry points.

I waited 4 hours in line a couple years ago during Star Wars Weekend for the gift shop "Darths Maul". Such a brutal slow moving line which was mainly out in the sun. But in my defense, I had no clue it would be anywhere close to that long. But after an hour in line you pretty much just get the mentality "well I've waited this long...".

Needless to say my wife is glad SWW is no more because she was there with me lmao.

But on topic of Pandora..I think there will be a bunch of people that will bear an insane posted wait just because they don't know when or if they'll be at Disney again. I personally wouldn't wait more than an hour for any ride

I waited the same (it was 5 hours start to finish only 15 minutes worth of shopping) at SW Celebration Orlando. I learned my lesson that if the line says 90 on day 1 suck it up and stand on teh 90 minutes because it'll just get worse haha.

you have to line up wherever the touch points are uncovered. This is one of the first things they came around to do.

There was also an AP line (far right) which they opened up for EMH / DVC Pandora that day. Not sure how many touch points will be used tomorrow.

People tend to automatically line up behind whomever is first. On Monday there were only a couple entry points.

So weird to see the gates down! I worked at the parks and have never seen the gates down. Does every park have those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter