***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So FoP has a single rider line right? Do we anticipate it will be shorter than the regular standby?

We have riders that are 6'4 and 6'8. Wondering if it's a height issue to ride
the short answer is that there is no exact height/weight measurement that has been determined cannot ride.
If you look back through this thread you can see first hand accounts of posters who have been able to ride and some who have not.
Also in the Disney blogging world, both Banks Lee and John Panda have been able to ride
There is a test vehicle installed outside the queue for people to check before getting in line

So FoP has a single rider line right? Do we anticipate it will be shorter than the regular standby?

Based on the way FOP loads I don't understand why it has a single rider at all. I could be wrong but I don't forsee it being much shorter then the standard queue.

We have riders that are 6'4 and 6'8. Wondering if it's a height issue to ride

from every report I have read, it isn't one specific measurement but that the main issue is around the legs - so if you have very long legs it impacts how your legs fit into the position/area and if you have very thick calves it impacts if/how the leg restraint hit your leg

But hard to just look at someone and say they will/won't fit - they have a test seat now out front

Looking for a FoP review for folks that have a minor back issues - anything physically jarring about this ride?

It's our first time at Walt Disney this Sept. We will be at AK on Friday the 1st and were planning on FP FOP and wait in line for Na'vi River afterwards.
The more I read the more I think this is a bad idea.
We have a breakfast at 8:35. Would it be better to head to FOP after breakfast without FP and FP Na'vi River for the evening as we would like to be in Pandora later in the day ?

Yeah no FPs today.

We were able to use our "No Strings Attached" Fastpass on FoP this morning. We were at the front of the rope when they announced the soft opening so we rode once standby then used the FP. We got two of these FP's from BOG earlier in our trip. We tried to use the second one on NRJ and was told they won't be accepting them for at least the first 3 months... so I'm not sure what the official policy on the No Strings Attached FP is.

Once the ride is open - I'd love some feedback on the "harnesses" used for the FoP ride. Looking for info on where it sits on your back - and if a "tricky back" (sometimes goes into a spasm with jarring moves) is a no-go for this ride or not. Thanks!
I have a friend with a lot of nerve damage all over there body and they were able to ride it.

No one will be able to tell you where the ride will come up on you as it will be different for every one, but I think the pad came up about 12 inches maybe and is about 4 inches tall.

Looking for a FoP review for folks that have a minor back issues - anything physically jarring about this ride?

I have minor back issues and it was great. Of course my back was not flaring up so can't really say what it would have been like on a day I had the lower back pain.

not really but I would talk to a CM about your back problems and your needs I know of a friend with some back problems and she was able to ride, the bumps after IASW were the boats come up at the end is too much for her.

I'd bet your life that based on real time feed back and reactions, FoP will be the more popular ride not only in Pandora, but at WDW.
totally agree. As much as I enjoyed the amazing technology, design, beauty and intricate artwork, of the Na'vi River Journey, we'll pass if the wait time is too long. But FoP is another story. It's incredible.

With fp in play tomorrow I say it reaches 4 hours...any other wagers?

I'll take that bet, I'm going for 7 hours and they will be using the rope queue under the mountain and turning some away..

edit: I think people will reride, be happy just doing this all day and want to see the floating avatar which you have to get into standby to see.

FoP wait time is 100mins, Navi River 60 now. Just checked MDE

To be honest it took me an hour including the ride to do it in preview. It might be the first ride I wasn't uphappy for waiting and probably would have been ok with double the wait.. But, I wasn't trying to do the whole park that day so it didnt' matter if it took longer, I wasn't missing out on anything else so I might be a little jadded/blind to what the impact of that long off a wait really was.

Mentioned it to DD who is down there so they headed over, in FoP now 100 minutes but looks amazing in the snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter