***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly a bit annoyed at how Disney has not included a lot of the cool things in the FP line. When we visited Harry Potter in Hollywood we rode Forbidden Journey once thru the entire standby queue. We were given a front of line pass by someone working the ride because my dad's Arthur Weasley costume was spot on! In the express line you get to see everything-they have a separate stair entrance with the 4 house founders portraits talking to each other. Then you enter the regular rooms just walk thru a separate line than SB. And you merge at the very end. It's weird Disney couldn't have done something similar.

I think it would be nice if they had something that was cool and could only be seen from the FP line, but am ok with most of the cool stuff being in the standby line as that is what it is for - to entertain while you are waiting hours and hours

I need to cancel a FP+ for FoP tomorrow morning 8:45-9:45 AM for 3 people. We've been fortunate enough to ride 4 times during the AP preview and soft opening today, so I'd love for someone else to be able to ride! Going to cancel at 6:00 PM EST.

ETA: Just canceled. Sorry I was a little late.

Last edited:
As I was just heading toward the World Showcase right now in Epcot I walked past Joel David Moore from Avatar/Grandmas Boy. Couldn't remember his name so I just walked by because I figured he wouldn't like "Hey Grandmas boy!" shouted

IMG_0862.JPG

Rumor is their replacing the dragon on it with a banshee.......but idk how true that is

that's interesting. I was talking to my daughter the other day and we were looking at the signage trying to guess how long before the dragon is changed.

@FastPasser. or anyone else that can shed some light.... what happens if you have a FP for a ride in pandora but the land is restricted/closed/or the line is so long it will take longer than your FP window to get in? I will be there in a couple weeks and I'm wondering if we need to be in pandora well ahead of our FP.

Our Official June Board is obviously extremely active, wondering about FPs and wait times and crowds and such. We've got a couple of first-timers, and I suggested that if they aren't one-and-done, they might skip AK this time since it's not going to be indicative of future crowds. I love AK so much, and the thought someone would be turned off because of the crowds around a new addition just kills me. Obviously it's going to settle down eventually, even if FoP remains at FEA / Soarin / 7DMT levels, but it's certainly possible to sour a newbie on AK.

For our June folks, my prevailing thought has been not to base plans on what will happen over the next three holiday weekend days, but to start making assumptions around MDE reports on Wednesday and Thursday. What say you, Pandora Masters?

Our Official June Board is obviously extremely active, wondering about FPs and wait times and crowds and such. We've got a couple of first-timers, and I suggested that if they aren't one-and-done, they might skip AK this time since it's not going to be indicative of future crowds. I love AK so much, and the thought someone would be turned off because of the crowds around a new addition just kills me. Obviously it's going to settle down eventually, even if FoP remains at FEA / Soarin / 7DMT levels, but it's certainly possible to sour a newbie on AK.

For our June folks, my prevailing thought has been not to base plans on what will happen over the next three holiday weekend days, but to start making assumptions around MDE reports on Wednesday and Thursday. What say you, Pandora Masters?
I think you're right about not judging all June trip days this year based on a major opening over Memorial Day Weekend!

As far as potentially skipping AK this June... On our shorter rD trips (3-5 days), we generally alternate skipping AK or DHS. But I have to admit... with an opening like this, I would just be too curious -- crowds or not. Even if I intended to go back to WDW at a time after crowds will have died down, I'd at least want to go check it out! FP one ride, hang around the new land at night, SOMETHING! I couldn't see skipping it, personally.

I think you're right about not judging all June trip days this year based on a major opening over Memorial Day Weekend!

As far as potentially skipping AK this June... On our shorter rD trips (3-5 days), we generally alternate skipping AK or DHS. But I have to admit... with an opening like this, I would just be too curious -- crowds or not. Even if I intended to go back to WDW at a time after crowds will have died down, I'd at least want to go check it out! FP one ride, hand around the new land at night, SOMETHING! I couldn't see skipping it, personally.

That's exactly our plan for next Friday. FP, hit the pm EMH, then jet if it's really insane, but hopefully enjoy a bit of the atmosphere.

As far as potentially skipping AK this June... On our shorter rD trips (3-5 days), we generally alternate skipping AK or DHS. But I have to admit... with an opening like this, I would just be too curious -- crowds or not. Even if I intended to go back to WDW at a time after crowds will have died down, I'd at least want to go check it out! FP one ride, hang around the new land at night, SOMETHING! I couldn't see skipping it, personally.
I agree. The draw is strong with this one. But if you've NEVER been, you knew you were going to come back, and you could use the time you'd stand in line for all the AK attractions standing in much shorter lines for classic WDW rides and shows, I think under those very particular circumstances, skipping AK might not be a bad idea.

That said, our OP said she's probably one and done. If any vets wanted to venture over and offer advice for our June Crew, I know it would be HUGELY appreciated!!!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-june-2017-thread.3516096/

I agree. The draw is strong with this one. But if you've NEVER been, you knew you were going to come back, and you could use the time you'd stand in line for all the AK attractions standing in much shorter lines for classic WDW rides and shows, I think under those very particular circumstances, skipping AK might not be a bad idea.

That said, our OP said she's probably one and done. If any vets wanted to venture over and offer advice for our June Crew, I know it would be HUGELY appreciated!!!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-official-june-2017-thread.3516096/
I hear what you're saying. Even if I had never been and was going back, I'd probably do something like a rope drop morning at MK or Epcot, mid-day break, then 3 FP and evening in AK. Catch a few rides with not too much of a wait, and check out the atmosphere at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter