***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lowered my expectations by a lot for our Sunday visit... I don't do well with chaotic lines and thick crowds, so we'll just go, do what we can, use our FPs, and be willing to jump ship as needed to maintain sanity, I think!

Thanks to all who've been providing all the great intel! I think my game plan is:

BUS to AK and leave my car at the resort
Arrive around noonish - FPs aren't until evening, but I figure getting into AK ahead of time isn't a bad idea
Hang out and do non-Pandora stuff in the afternoon, taking advantage of shade and AC
Head to our FoP FP at least an hour early, just in case that's getting backed up
Hang out in Pandora after dark
River Ride late into EMH

Best wishes to all who are working and visiting tomorrow!

honestly I'm not sure how effective the single ride line will be. I will be there tomorrow and if I might give it a try just to time it out

Would love to hear what the single rider line is like. We have one family member who wants to ride FoP without a FP, and she was planning to wait in that line, either at rope drop or during the evening EMH. It would be great to know if this is a good idea or if it will be a huge time sink.

To be honest it took me an hour including the ride to do it in preview. It might be the first ride I wasn't uphappy for waiting and probably would have been ok with double the wait.. But, I wasn't trying to do the whole park that day so it didnt' matter if it took longer, I wasn't missing out on anything else so I might be a little jadded/blind to what the impact of that long off a wait really was.
I think this is an important point. Like me, I had nothing else to do, so I don't mind being in line for a long time or in Pandora all day and missing the rest of the park.
I will once again ask for everyone to be kind, respectful and patient to everyone, especially to Cast Members
All of us on these boards go to the parks in different levels of preparedness. But there are a lot, actually most people, that don't plan and will be in quiet a shock with wait times for both rides and food.
If a CM says you can't do this or you have to stand over there, or you have to park the stroller, or the area is closed...don't take your frustration out on them. They are the bottom, front line of a very large totem pole.
And with that I am sending huge amounts of pixie dust to all Pandora CM.

It's our first time at Walt Disney this Sept. We will be at AK on Friday the 1st and were planning on FP FOP and wait in line for Na'vi River afterwards.
The more I read the more I think this is a bad idea.
We have a breakfast at 8:35. Would it be better to head to FOP after breakfast without FP and FP Na'vi River for the evening as we would like to be in Pandora later in the day ?

How exciting that it's your first time to WDW! If you want to ride FOP (and it is amazing so I would!), definitely get a FP for that - the standby line for FOP going to be nuts.

It's our first time at Walt Disney this Sept. We will be at AK on Friday the 1st and were planning on FP FOP and wait in line for Na'vi River afterwards.
The more I read the more I think this is a bad idea.
We have a breakfast at 8:35. Would it be better to head to FOP after breakfast without FP and FP Na'vi River for the evening as we would like to be in Pandora later in the day ?
Where is your breakfast at if it is at the place right next to pandora ( I think it is Tiffens) and the park dose not have EMH that morning then you can eat and get in line for one of the rides a little before park opens. I would do your first FP fro about an hour after park opens this way you can RD the first ride ( hopefully only wait 45 or so minutes) then have your FP for the other. and I would FP FOP. if the park opens at 8 am I would think about canceling your breakfast or at lest eating much latter like 10:30

I think someone else already asked this question, but I haven't seen an answer so giving it another shot! Does anyone know if they will have designated lines for morning EMH tomorrow? Planning on getting there early-ish and don't want to get into a line that is already full of people for non-EMH hours.

I think someone else already asked this question, but I haven't seen an answer so giving it another shot! Does anyone know if they will have designated lines for morning EMH tomorrow? Planning on getting there early-ish and don't want to get into a line that is already full of people for non-EMH hours.
They usually have them on EMH days, not sure exactly where. But AK's AP line is far right so I assume EMH will be far left

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you need to charge your phone, etc. some of the bench seats at Satu'li Canteen have electrical outlets under them. Just look for the metal plates, and they lift up.
Good to know,thanks

Where is your breakfast at if it is at the place right next to pandora ( I think it is Tiffens) and the park dose not have EMH that morning then you can eat and get in line for one of the rides a little before park opens. I would do your first FP fro about an hour after park opens this way you can RD the first ride ( hopefully only wait 45 or so minutes) then have your FP for the other. and I would FP FOP. if the park opens at 8 am I would think about canceling your breakfast or at lest eating much latter like 10:30

Our breakfast is at Tusker House and so far the park is scheduled to open at 9am. I know it's a close call and I have been checking for an earlier time everyday. Ppl say that 30 days prior, there could be more availability for earlier breakfast as ppl will start cancelling ressies they were holding hostage, lol.

Looking for a FoP review for folks that have a minor back issues - anything physically jarring about this ride?
I have back issues from a car accident (currently in physical therapy 2x a week for it) and had no problems riding it 5 times during the AP preview last weekend. The first time I went as far forward as I could and the back restraint was very tight, which I was concerned about at the time. On the next ride, I stayed further back so I had more "play" once it fastened and being able to move around more freely actually was more uncomfortable for me so after that I stuck with the forward/tight fit method. Either way, other than the initial movement of the restraint coming up to your back, I didn't feel anything that would hurt it (assuming "minor" as you said - anything more, of course ask a doctor!).

Once the ride is open - I'd love some feedback on the "harnesses" used for the FoP ride. Looking for info on where it sits on your back - and if a "tricky back" (sometimes goes into a spasm with jarring moves) is a no-go for this ride or not. Thanks!
Also like to know do you need to bend your knees like back or is more just like sittiing down and forward.

Our breakfast is at Tusker House and so far the park is scheduled to open at 9am. I know it's a close call and I have been checking for an earlier time everyday. Ppl say that 30 days prior, there could be more availability for earlier breakfast as ppl will start cancelling ressies they were holding hostage, lol.
show up at 8 or before they will set you at 8 am even with a 8:30 eat and try to be out by 845 if not earlier and you should beat the RD crowded my a few seconds to a minute or two.

I have back issues from a car accident (currently in physical therapy 2x a week for it) and had no problems riding it 5 times during the AP preview last weekend. The first time I went as far forward as I could and the back restraint was very tight, which I was concerned about at the time. On the next ride, I stayed further back so I had more "play" once it fastened and being able to move around more freely actually was more uncomfortable for me so after that I stuck with the forward/tight fit method. Either way, other than the initial movement of the restraint coming up to your back, I didn't feel anything that would hurt it (assuming "minor" as you said - anything more, of course ask a doctor!).

I want to second this.. I didn't find the ride to be jerky or anything. You moved around a lot, but it was very smooth. It had the feeling of riding somethign with wings but it was nothing like star tours in how well it moved around.. star tours needs to come with a massage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter