*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

I'M SO HAPPY WE POSTPONED OUR MAY TRIP!!! 😂 😂 😂

You were the first person I thought of when I heard the news, lol! I am kinda bummed out that I won’t get to experience it on my May trip but otoh it just means I will get to experience it later on and much higher chance of the gf coming with me for it.

Great news for the October adventurers, Remy will be open on Oct. 1st as part of the 50th!

https://blogmickey.com/2021/03/remys-ratatouille-adventure-to-open-october-1st-at-epcot/
The Creperie will also be open. Omg I can’t wait!

BEYOND EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I will be at MK on the 1st I will def be on Ratatouille on the 2nd!!!

I'M SO HAPPY WE POSTPONED OUR MAY TRIP!!! 😂 😂 😂

same girl! We were all planning to go May 2021as a huge family trip but with Covid everyone is still nervous.. even tho I was there in Sept and felt fine there!! But yes..even for a quick long wknd for the 50th as a girls only trip I am so excited to ride it!!

I keep switching around our park days! Not sure if I want to have 2 reserved at Epcot after the 2nd or stay with one; I rather just have 1 Epcot reserved and hop but feeling like that may not be feasible lol

Here's our reservation schedule so far (we also have hoppers, so may not be only park we are at each day):

Wed - arrival day. Had DHS, but when learned Rat not opening until October - switched to Epcot to see if we can get on Rat!
Thurs - MK
Fri - AK
Sat- DHS
Sun - Epcot
Mon - MK
Tues - AK
Wed - DHS
Thurs - Epcot
Fri - home!

So who else will be at MK on the 1st for the 50th and at EP on the 2nd to ride rat??
I know it can’t just be me!!!
I don’t know yet. I want to go but I’m also afraid of food and wine crowds combined with a new ride in the world showcase. I know we’re going to mk on the first but that’s just to say we did it. 😂

I will not be at Epcot until October 3 - hopefully can ride the rat then!!!
I don’t know yet. I want to go but I’m also afraid of food and wine crowds combined with a new ride in the world showcase. I know we’re going to mk on the first but that’s just to say we did it. 😂
I’m only going to be in the world from the 30th-3rd.. so I really don’t have much of a choice!!!!!

So who else will be at MK on the 1st for the 50th and at EP on the 2nd to ride rat??
I know it can’t just be me!!!

The funny part is before we extended this trip, we didn’t even have Epcot reservations for the weekend. Our 10/2 park was the Studios solely for a shot at Rise and 10/3 was AK just for a couple rides on departure day...it was going to be an MK centric trip. So right now I am mulling over park days for the rest of the trip and not freaking out too much over when to ride Rat. I don’t know that we need to go opening weekend. If we were staying at a Crescent Lake resort then maybe, but being monorail resort guests idk if I want that rope drop running of the bulls from Future World, especially considering we will have to change lines at the TTC coming from the Contemporary. We don’t care about the Frozen ride at all (we’re both still salty about Maelstrom after all this time!) so typically hit Soarin at rope drop. Not used to running to the back of the park at rope drop, and IG guests will have the advantage.

So I think we will probably hit it once we’re at the Poly, and during a weekday.

Our park ressies are:
9/30 AK for my usual arrival day dinner at Satuuli Canteen.
10/1 MK to say we were there - not sure how long we’ll stay or where else we’d go
10/2 HS hoping Rat will pull some of the crowd away from Batuu. :)
10/3 Epcot
10/4 MK my 25th anniversary! Hoping we can schedule a portrait session that day but right now they are only booking weddings.
10/5 we drive home this day but I went ahead and reserved Epcot as a second chance at Rat before heading home.

Oct 9th-17th here! Only have our arrival day with a epcot pp.. I hope we can park hop over a few nights but with remy opening who knows .

Definitely MK on the 1st but no Epcot until the 4th; have AK the 30th, HS the 2nd and MK again the 3rd. I want to go to Epcot on the 2nd but after MK on the 1st I’m afraid it’ll scare my DH too much lol

I learned my lesson about Food & Wine on unusually busy weekends over Veterans Day weekend the year before last...Saturday was especially a nightmare. Come to think of it I fled to the Studios that night too and only came back to Epcot for fireworks lol

I learned my lesson about Food & Wine on unusually busy weekends over Veterans Day weekend the year before last...Saturday was especially a nightmare. Come to think of it I fled to the Studios that night too and only came back to Epcot for fireworks lol
Yup! I try to tell those I'm working with not to do Epcot on weekends during festivals but when it comes to my personal trips I don't usually follow my own advice lol! He doesn't care as much as I do about riding Ratatouille and I'll be back down for work in Nov. but not sure what I'll have as far as park time and I'd just hate to have been there right around opening and not ride. I'll probably end up changing our park days again anyway as long as availability allows and I do hope in the next couple months they say if there will be any type of VQ or FP for Rat. I highly doubt it but want to know what we gotta do to ride!

Yup! I try to tell those I'm working with not to do Epcot on weekends during festivals but when it comes to my personal trips I don't usually follow my own advice lol! He doesn't care as much as I do about riding Ratatouille and I'll be back down for work in Nov. but not sure what I'll have as far as park time and I'd just hate to have been there right around opening and not ride. I'll probably end up changing our park days again anyway as long as availability allows and I do hope in the next couple months they say if there will be any type of VQ or FP for Rat. I highly doubt it but want to know what we gotta do to ride!

If I hadn’t been staying at Beach Club I never would have done it lol. But I figured if it got real bad I could leave really fast. I rope dropped France and then got out when it started getting insane. Napped at the resort, ate dinner at Crew’s Cup and went to the Studios that night and only came back for Epcot Forever. It was REALLY bad after the fireworks because the Skyliner had been down all night. Hordes of upset folks many of whom were three sheets to the wind were being herded to BWI for buses...and I was back in my room in 5 minutes.

We just aren’t chancing it this time since we’ll be at CR and then the Poly. I figure we will have more than enough time to ride Rat during a weekday. MK on 10/1 is our craziness quota for the trip!

Oct 9th-17th here! Only have our arrival day with a epcot pp.. I hope we can park hop over a few nights but with remy opening who knows .

I'm taking a guess that by October, capacity limits/restrictions will be to almost normal levels. I don't think we will have trouble hopping anywhere due to capacity issues at that point.

Game on Hoppers!!! :D

I do hope over the summer we start to see what restaurants will be reopening in time for us to make reservations. It's difficult right now to figure out where to eat for sit down dinners.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter