*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

Ugh 5 I am so jealous! It is 2 and up here, so we had to train her early, and to be honest she has been so good about it overall. If my state was 5, i probably would skip too. But since she is used to it already and has to wear it to go to the playground, or to walk to the store with me she is pretty good for the most part.

I do agree they will go away, eventually, but Disney may keep them a bit longer then other places.
I completely agree.

I do wear my mask all the time (albeit grudgingly), but pandemic fatigue is rampant in my area. Despite a mask mandate, a visit to the local Wal-Mart has generally less than half of people wearing masks anymore.

I just can't see going to "the most magical place on earth", and being forced to wear a mask. I don't blame Disney, as they are between a rock and a hard place, but I think I'm out.

I've been toying with re-working my October reservation as I'm fairly sure we're not going to see a full return of activities and gathering opportunities by the 50th, and if I'm to admit it to myself, I'm really just going for the fireworks and whatever special pin they offer on the 1st.

Decided I'm putting any changes in the hands of my son and daughter, both of whom are high risk and out there working their rears off every day in the public and are well deserving of a vacation.

I will keep my days for the weekend over the 50th, but all their days I may move if they want me to. I don't suspect they'll be able to get to Disney that often now that they have to foot their own airfare and tickets. I'd love to be the well-off parent who can always spring for her kid's vacations, but as a single mom that was never going to be me.

Did you guys see this? Looks like we are getting HARMONIOUS!!! Corporate packages being sold for October now include private reception and viewing of Harmonious! Still not "official" but all signs seem to be pointing to yes!

:banana::banana::banana:

https://blogmickey.com/2021/02/disn...t-include-harmonious-viewing-in-october-2021/
That makes sense, we've been discussing how the first park to bring back shows will be EPCOT due to the ability to space people out.
I'd given anything to see this show, hope they open it up for us all.

Well we made reservations for the 50th. Sept 30th - Oct 5th. My wife's birthday happens to be the 1st as well so we will see if we actually go on this trip. Even my waitlist at Riviera came through so we're there solid instead of splitting a stay.

It is strange but the mask mandate caused us to lengthen our trip in October. Mask wearing in the parks is so exhausting we want more time to relax in our room or by the pool. I’m not excited about the new restaurant rules - wearing masks between bites - but hopefully that will be short lived when they realize how difficult it will be to enforce.

A purely unscientific observation, but our flight at 6:20 am in October is starting to fill up! People must be booking trips... :D
To me that means more people have been vaccinated and are feeling comfortable with travel.
We need this feeling to trend to reality to get Disney fireworks back though. Fingers, eyes and toes all crossed for it to happen.

Please let those variants on this virus just fall off the radar.

It is strange but the mask mandate caused us to lengthen our trip in October. Mask wearing in the parks is so exhausting we want more time to relax in our room or by the pool. I’m not excited about the new restaurant rules - wearing masks between bites - but hopefully that will be short lived when they realize how difficult it will be to enforce.
You do not have to wear between bites... you just have to keep it on until your drinks and food arrive, and when your plates are cleared and waiting for bill....

We have been at WDW since Feb 28th and no one is keeping their masks on while they are sitting at the table once they get their beverage. We keep ours on until our drinks arrive and put them back on when we have finished eating, but not a lot of people are even doing that much.

I think this mask thing will be over before October, anyway. :)

We have been at WDW since Feb 28th and no one is keeping their masks on while they are sitting at the table once they get their beverage. We keep ours on until our drinks arrive and put them back on when we have finished eating, but not a lot of people are even doing that much.

I think this mask thing will be over before October, anyway. :)
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed, knocking on wood.

A purely unscientific observation, but our flight at 6:20 am in October is starting to fill up! People must be booking trips... :D

I noticed that when I went to go book our flights the other day. I figured pent up demand and more people feeling safe to travel as they get vaccinated would add up to skyrocketing flight prices this fall so I pulled the trigger the other day while JetBlue flights are still cheap. I noticed that the first flight was actually more than the last time I checked so ended up getting the second one out.

Just found this thread. We’ll be there in mid-October, 10/12-10/23. I really didn’t want to be there for the actual anniversary. I can live without those crowds. I am looking forward to being back and celebrating the 50th while we are there. We are also doing our first split stay at Pop and Yacht Club. So excited!

A thread for those of us with countdowns to October 2021 WDW plans and stays

If you are looking for the October 2020 thread it can be found HERE.

fhufhu736921211.jpg

image by Disney Parks Blog

There's bound to be so much going on with Disney's 50's anniversary of the Magic Kingdom, plus any Halloween celebrations.

I'll gather information and links to important threads for us and add them below as needed.

Let's get amped for some fun! :smickey:
October 7-11 Grand Floridian

Did you guys see this? Looks like we are getting HARMONIOUS!!! Corporate packages being sold for October now include private reception and viewing of Harmonious! Still not "official" but all signs seem to be pointing to yes!

:banana::banana::banana:

https://blogmickey.com/2021/02/disn...t-include-harmonious-viewing-in-october-2021/
Given the 50th starts in October, I wouldn't be surprised if it was open before then or just then.
I doubt it will be open for our April trip, but hoping for October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter