** Official March 2023 Thread **

Joining in the fun! Visiting WDW the end of March (dates TBD but something like 3/25-30) to watch my cousin march down Main Street with his school band! Hotel also still TBD, I am at AKV but may move depending on their ultimate location. Moved to BLT because they'll be at Contemporary! It's my first time staying there and I'm really looking forward to exploring a new-to-me resort.

I've been in March 2021 and March 2022. As someone who typically lives in the northeastern climate, it was pretty hot for me. March 2022 crowds were noticeable but not prohibitive, particularly because staffing had increased. I recommend using Genie+ and early entry to your advantage.

Last edited:
We love going in March. Especially since we discovered the auto train and so can bring clothes in the car to cover both hot and chilly weather. I love the beginning of Flower and Garden because the color is so appreciated as a break from NE winter weather. We’re doing a 3-way split stay - actually 4 since we will spend our first night at GFV. Not a place that we can afford for more than a night, so this is a great way to check it off of our bucket list!
Hello to all!

Last time my family (DW, DD15 and DS13) hit WDW in March was in 2020 the week the pandemic started shutting down the world. We were there for 6 nights and our trip thankfully ended that Friday, a mere 48 hours before they shut down the parks. 😳

Absolutely loved the weather in March for sure - so much more comfortable. Like Kmedders said, I can do only one of either crowds or heat but both are a bad combo for me and my crew.

We have stayed at CBR the last couple of trips and loved the property and the convenience of Skyliner, but this trip we are going to try staying offsite for the first time ever. Kids are much larger now and we will get three times the space for literally half the price.
Just purchased our park tickets yesterday so getting excited now, and we cannot wait to surprise the kids with the news on Christmas morning. Thanks for starting the March 2023 thread and best wishes to everybody!
We were there in March 2020 as well! Our trip was supposed to end on Monday, but I was called home on Friday so that I would be with my parishioners as the country shut down.

I will be interested to hear how you like staying offsite. It was a one-and-done for us, but I can certainly understand the temptation.

I think it would be so much fun to surprise kiddos with a Disney trip. You’ll have to let us know how it all went down.

93 days left!!! There is a bunch that could change between now and then. Yds (8) broke his leg on 12/10. We'd planned our trip/flights around the state wrestling tournament, asssuming like last year, he'd make it. Which he absolutely would have if not for the freak accident that happened warming up for the tournament on the 10th. There are lots of injuries wrestling, but usually sprains, dislocations, broken fingers etc. It's not usually a sport where you break a tibia lol. We are hoping he will be able to wrestle again at 12 weeks out. I know thats pushing it, but for kids, it's not out of the question bc they heal faster. If he can wrestle then we are flying out of Kansas City bc thats where the tournaments at. If he can't, I guess I'll see if we can change our flights to Stl as thats about an hour closer for us than KC. But this trip has snuck up on me this time and I'll be more than ready.

Wow that is crazy! Best wishes on a speedy recovery for your son.

We surprise the kids tomorrow morning with the news. I ran across Mickey and Minnie plush dolls at Kohls that we are saving as their last gift to open - each doll has a small book they are reading attached so I’m going to add a front page to each of the books saying we are going to WDW spring break.

Should be fun to watch their reaction. 😀

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

We are going 3/25-31 and staying at SSR. This will be a graduation goft for my best friends daughter and will just be the three of us. It haven’t been without kids since 2005 so am so excited.

We are going March 14th - 21st and staying at Caribbean Beach!! Will be my daughter's 1st trip and she will have just turned 3!

This is my 1st time going anytime outside of Summer. Can those of you that have been during this time of year tell me about what to expect weather wise? Does it rain almost every afternoon like it does during the summer? Thanks!!

Spring break, March 26-Apr 1. Wrapping up the 50th! Staying at Swan, alcove room. Delayed trip from October due to moving from GA to AL. Not looking forward to an extra 3.5 hours in the car, but can’t complain if it’s due to Disney;)

This will be our 3rd Spring Break trip. We love the weather. Usually not warm enough for us Southerners to swim, but we won’t be sweating to feather either:)

Going for my birthday this year, 3/4-12! Hubby and I will be staying at SSR with 4 friends who have never been to WDW before. So excited!

We are going March 14th - 21st and staying at Caribbean Beach!! Will be my daughter's 1st trip and she will have just turned 3!

This is my 1st time going anytime outside of Summer. Can those of you that have been during this time of year tell me about what to expect weather wise? Does it rain almost every afternoon like it does during the summer? Thanks!!
We were there for Spring Break last year too and only had one rainy day. And, it was a wash out most of the day - not your typical afternoon Florida afternoon showers. The rest of the week, we had none of the Florida typical afternoon rain.

We surprise the kids tomorrow morning with the news. I ran across Mickey and Minnie plush dolls at Kohls that we are saving as their last gift to open - each doll has a small book they are reading attached so I’m going to add a front page to each of the books saying we are going to WDW spring break.

Should be fun to watch their reaction. 😀

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
How did it go?

Until the last two years, we have always made our “big trip” happen around the 1st week of March. The weather is everything from a heavy sweatshirt (we are New Englanders) to shorts and a t-shirt. So you’ll have more to pack, but we’ve only used our ponchos once or twice at that time of year.

ADR’s tomorrow morning. I have two tough ones (Topolino and Chef Art’s), and the rest shouldn’t be too tough, but you just never know. Fingers crossed!

I could put this in both feb and march threads but we are coming to GF 9 days feb 25 to mar 6 cant wait..now to just get my magic+ bands to cooperate..one wont pair..ugh..

Moving over here from the Dec 2022 thread! Rebooked for Feb 26-March 8.

Staying at SSR in a 2 bedroom for 7 nights (only because we had points to use up from our cancelled Christmas trip and there's nothing else available right now!) then offsite at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (to use a credit from our 2020 covid cancelled trip!).

I'm afraid everyone will get spoiled by a 2 bdr and complain about studios in the future. lol

Sad to see RNR will be down though.

Did four park days in WDW March 2022. Going back for March 2023 but just one hopper day. Taking the kids only and we are determined to see all four parks in one day. Researching now to hit the rides we missed last spring break (specifically EE at AK and SE at EP). March is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We used ILL for FOP and Ratatouille last year and GP and my son's DAS for everything else. We had a magical vacation!

i got chef arts for feb 28..and chef mickeys and steakhouse 71 and whispering canyon all i wanted
I have my first 10 days booked. I have everything I wanted, and even Space 220 Lounge! The site was very wonky, which Shocked me (not), so there was a lot of refreshing going on. Good luck to everyone else as ADR day comes!

I think you will really like the pleasant temps in March. This will be our third trip over Spring Break after our initial WDW family trip was in the middle of summer and we have had a ball each and every time, but the constant heat and humidity in summer just drains you all day (and we are from Texas so very accustomed to both).

I don’t know if we will ever go back in the summer again - the March weather has spoiled us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter