** Official March 2023 Thread **

Well planning for March was fun while it lasted... lol. DD has an exam the day before and day after her break week, so it's not enough time for us. She'll find out end of January when here placement will be, so we'll be moving to mid April or early May depending on that. Have fun planning!

We will be there March 18 - April 1. Staying off site at Windsor Hills. I’m aiming for a relaxing vacation so traded the longer stay for staying onsite. I’m sure we will have a few rope drop to close days, but I think we will have plenty of half days or water parks day.

Because I’m staying off site I can only look for my dining reservations one day at a time. Today was my first day and I got Storybook Dining with Snow White. Super pumped… that one didn’t exist the last time we went in 2019.

Hoping for some warm weather. Our tickets include whichever water park is open. It rained a lot on our last trip which was great for keeping the parks not too busy, but colder than we were hoping (coming from Canada… I need some heat!)

We will be there March 18 - April 1. Staying off site at Windsor Hills. I’m aiming for a relaxing vacation so traded the longer stay for staying onsite. I’m sure we will have a few rope drop to close days, but I think we will have plenty of half days or water parks day.

Because I’m staying off site I can only look for my dining reservations one day at a time. Today was my first day and I got Storybook Dining with Snow White. Super pumped… that one didn’t exist the last time we went in 2019.

Hoping for some warm weather. Our tickets include whichever water park is open. It rained a lot on our last trip which was great for keeping the parks not too busy, but colder than we were hoping (coming from Canada… I need some heat!)
We love Storybook Dining - yay for you being able to get it on your first booking day. Bodes very well for your trip!

Because I’m staying off site I can only look for my dining reservations one day at a time. Today was my first day and I got Storybook Dining with Snow White. Super pumped… that one didn’t exist the last time we went in 2019
We did Storybook Dining in 2020 right before the shutdown and it was one of our all time favorite character meals, right up there with Topolinos. We opted to take a boat over from MK which only added to the experience and then toured the Wilderness Lodge grounds (wow!) after our meal. It is one we will do again someday.

Hope you enjoy it!

Ugh, I was signed on at 458 am (central time) this morning and stupid Disney IT. Kept telling me page cannot be loaded, try again. The only res. I really wanted was Topolino's breakfast and couldn't get it even on the 60+6 day. Lost 3 other reservations bc I'd click on it and it wouldn't load, click again and it would be gone.

You may want to try a reservation finder - there is a free one and a small fee version. A google search should pull up your options - they have worked well for me in the past.

Good luck!

Ugh, I was signed on at 458 am (central time) this morning and stupid Disney IT. Kept telling me page cannot be loaded, try again. The only res. I really wanted was Topolino's breakfast and couldn't get it even on the 60+6 day. Lost 3 other reservations bc I'd click on it and it wouldn't load, click again and it would be gone.
This is our 12th trip and I have never not gotten the reservations I wanted eventually. Just check often and sign up for dining alert sites. You’ll get it eventually.

Had a pretty successful ADR, getting everything we wanted except Space 220 lounge. But now I’m syked that Roundup Rodeo will be open by the time of our trip, so I find myself stalking the reservation page anyway!! 😂

Yeah this is our second trip since Space 220 opened and I still haven’t scored an ADR for either the lounge or dining room.

Hoping I get lucky between now and mid March. It is the last one needed, all others are secure, so I am happy about that.

Had a pretty successful ADR, getting everything we wanted except Space 220 lounge. But now I’m syked that Roundup Rodeo will be open by the time of our trip, so I find myself stalking the reservation page anyway!! 😂
Did they announce a date for roundup rodeo??

In the past, I’ve always participated in coordinating ADR cancellations via a thread for my travel month. After some searching, I found one for March 2023, but it’s dated 2016 and had no posts. I added one for something I have to drop, but was wondering if there is another, more active thread out there that just isn’t coming up when I search.

In the past, I’ve always participated in coordinating ADR cancellations via a thread for my travel month. After some searching, I found one for March 2023, but it’s dated 2016 and had no posts. I added one for something I have to drop, but was wondering if there is another, more active thread out there that just isn’t coming up when I search.
I haven't seen another more recent thread. However, your post did bring that old thread back to life and I saw it in the "new posts" - so I imagine that's the one that folks will use going forward!

Hi all! Late joiner to the thread as we are always late to planning our Disney stuff (especially since the end of FP+) — my family of four will be staying on-site March 24-27. We’ve been going for spring break every year for the past decade or so. Just a short stay this year as increased prices and my oldest having now officially become a Disney “adult” have us feeling the pain financially a bit! We also are trying a few other things in Orlando this year rather than the whole time at WDW. Also our first year without park hoppers as we decided with the short trip just to limit each day to one park (MK, DHS and EPCOT). We love AK too but it was so bare bones last year (with EE refurb, Dinoland construction, the shows not being fully cast, etc.) that we decided to take a year off.

Hoping for some advice on our DHS plans. I was able to snag some decent ADR’s — sci-fi dinner (although have an alert set for a fantasmic package) and drinks at oga’s. Oddly for all the years we’ve gone, we’ve never stayed to see Fantasmic as we usually hopped to Epcot every eve. Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the show? Worth staying for it or not so much? If we don’t have the dining package is it a nightmare? The reason I ask is the current sci-fi res that I have would have us missing the fantasmic show (7:40pm res). For reference we are traveling our two kids ages 6 and 11 and my parents who are in their late 60’s. We’ve never been able to eat at sci-fi either so I wondered if one experience is better than the other. (Ideally I’m able to snag the package and it’s a moot point, but I know that’s unlikely).

Hi all! Late joiner to the thread as we are always late to planning our Disney stuff (especially since the end of FP+) — my family of four will be staying on-site March 24-27. We’ve been going for spring break every year for the past decade or so. Just a short stay this year as increased prices and my oldest having now officially become a Disney “adult” have us feeling the pain financially a bit! We also are trying a few other things in Orlando this year rather than the whole time at WDW. Also our first year without park hoppers as we decided with the short trip just to limit each day to one park (MK, DHS and EPCOT). We love AK too but it was so bare bones last year (with EE refurb, Dinoland construction, the shows not being fully cast, etc.) that we decided to take a year off.

Hoping for some advice on our DHS plans. I was able to snag some decent ADR’s — sci-fi dinner (although have an alert set for a fantasmic package) and drinks at oga’s. Oddly for all the years we’ve gone, we’ve never stayed to see Fantasmic as we usually hopped to Epcot every eve. Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the show? Worth staying for it or not so much? If we don’t have the dining package is it a nightmare? The reason I ask is the current sci-fi res that I have would have us missing the fantasmic show (7:40pm res). For reference we are traveling our two kids ages 6 and 11 and my parents who are in their late 60’s. We’ve never been able to eat at sci-fi either so I wondered if one experience is better than the other. (Ideally I’m able to snag the package and it’s a moot point, but I know that’s unlikely).
Park hours and showtimes are usually subject to update until weeks before. So, if only one Fantasmic! performance is on the calendar for now, that's not to say they won't add another one when they update the late March calendar. I expect we'll get final end of March park hours sometime in the first week or two of March. As such, I consider nearly all of my personal plans to be tentative.

I typically make all of my daily plans off of nighttime entertainment, so I may not be the best person to ask, but I adore F! and absolutely recommend it. If there is one show, it's recommended to head to the theater ~1 hour beforehand. Even with the dining package, I believe you have to get there no later than 30 minutes before start time. If there are two performances, the second performance typically does not fill up. My recommendation is to go to the second performance. If you are not typically nighttime show or nighttime park people, though, you may not even want to worry about trying to attend. If you don't mind spoilers, there's tons of videos of the updated performance on YouTube so you can see if you think your family will enjoy it.

Also re AK: FOTLK is back up to its original state from what I've heard, including audience participation, flying bird dancers, and tumble monkeys, and the Finding Nemo musical is back! I also endorse it as a great park for having leisurely strolls through the animal exhibits and find that it really clears out in the afternoon (at least it did everytime I went last year). So if you find yourself with some spare time on your 3-day trip (lol), don't discount taking a bus over from your starting park. Plus, the shopping is significantly better at AK than MK, IMO.

Also re AK: FOTLK is back up to its original state from what I've heard, including audience participation, flying bird dancers, and tumble monkeys, and the Finding Nemo musical is back! I also endorse it as a great park for having leisurely strolls through the animal exhibits and find that it really clears out in the afternoon (at least it did everytime I went last year). So if you find yourself with some spare time on your 3-day trip (lol), don't discount taking a bus over from your starting park. Plus, the shopping is significantly better at AK than MK, IMO.
We are def doing just this! are any tips/problems getting a bus to AK from HS?

We are def doing just this! are any tips/problems getting a bus to AK from HS?
I am a proponent of taking the buses, knowing I may be waiting ~20 minutes if I just miss one. I've never had serious issues taking a bus from park to park. If you are in a hurry or on a time-crunch or are with impatient travelers, it's best to use ride-share like uber/lyft (except at MK/TTC unless Minnie Van--so many rules and caveats!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter